• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot to get major transformations

I wonder what it could be, a new country? New attractions? I can't imagine where they could but a whole new country, I feel like it would have an awkward fit.

Bob said: it will be true to original vision, more family oriented, timeless, relevant, more disney like.

i was under the impression overhaul of future world. no concept art just a spaceship earth pic with excuse the pixie dust.

The host then lightly "joked": just in time for epcots 35th.

The host then lightly "joked": just in time for epcots 35th.
With everything else going on, that would be pretty quick turnaround. It is long overdue though, and I hope the timeline is for the "near" future (for what that's worth in Disney speak).

I wonder what it could be, a new country? New attractions? I can't imagine where they could but a whole new country, I feel like it would have an awkward fit.

There are actually several locations that could accommodate a pavilion for a new country. The African Outpost area could easily disappear. Plus, there is space between France and Morocco, possibly between Morocco and Japan, or between Italy and Germany. Finally, the huge Millennium Village special events center between Canada and the UK (which most guests don't even know exists) could also be replaced with a new country.

That said, I can't picture a new country being added under current management unless a foreign nation offered to foot the bill. Future World is where the greatest need exists. Plus, the whole "let's learn about the world" edutainment concept isn't favored by those in charge.

So excited to see what they come up with.

To me this maybe is the last major rehab or expansion before Disney then consider a 5th gate or at least sort out the water parks

So excited to see what they come up with.

To me this maybe is the last major rehab or expansion before Disney then consider a 5th gate or at least sort out the water parks

They have a lot of land still at Animal Kingdom. The giant expansion pad just beside and between the safari and behind Asia. There is room for growth at Magic Kingdom as well. They will have to do something there at some point. Avatar and Star Wars will help but it will also bring new visitors that haven't been coming adding more burden to MK. It will burst one of these days unless they add more foot print.

This will be a long process 8 years maybe if rumors are true. You'll see a lot of IP in Epcot too.

How long before they announce something publicly with their plans?
Well it's going to be piece by piece. The entire budget isn't approved yet so it depends on what all gets approved. I'm sure we could start seeing pieces of it announced within a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter