• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot to get major transformations

I agree. All of these circumstances are driving reinvestment, and WDW guests are the winners.

ESPN losses, W Street expectations, loss of Sponsors, US expansion, even Iger Legacy. All good news IMO.

Market will take care of the rest.

well, WDW guests other than their wallets

Let me know if someone answered this but will Ratatouille be exactly the same as the Paris one?

I am interested to see if an approach they take is just replicating attractions from other parks.

A dream of mine is to one day see a Mary Poppins dark ride... but I think it will forever remain a dream. I might flip a table if it one day happens and they use the new movie's cast instead of the original.

As a Canadian, I really hope that pavilion sees a revamp. I've always thought that space would be great for a small Storybook Land canal boat type attraction.

I really hope there are some official updates coming soon!

well, WDW guests other than their wallets

Valid (maybe)-but without these influences maybe none of this would happen.

I mean, would we prefer none of these lands and improvements were happening because of unclear future pricing?

I will take my chances-even if just for Star Wars Land, much less all the rest. If they (US/WDW) want to spend Multiple Billions on improving my vacation that's up to them. I will decide if I want to vacation there or not.

The market will determine pricing without the cover of ESPN-part of my point.

Last edited:

I can only hope the would include Remy to Epcot!! If they added a ride and a Restaurant I would be back just to see it!!

Let me know if someone answered this but will Ratatouille be exactly the same as the Paris one?

I am interested to see if an approach they take is just replicating attractions from other parks.

A dream of mine is to one day see a Mary Poppins dark ride... but I think it will forever remain a dream. I might flip a table if it one day happens and they use the new movie's cast instead of the original.

As a Canadian, I really hope that pavilion sees a revamp. I've always thought that space would be great for a small Storybook Land canal boat type attraction.

I really hope there are some official updates coming soon!
per most rumors I have seen, its expected to be a clone, the ride, now what que and what they do with the que I have not heard

Does anyone have any more info on the attraction coming to the UK Pavillon?
Some are saying it might be a C-Ticket or a D-Ticket type.

Does anyone have any more info on the attraction coming to the UK Pavillon?
Some are saying it might be a C-Ticket or a D-Ticket type.
Nothing has been released, even by insiders....
except:
Won't be maze
Won't be E class ride
Three leading options, one of which is Mary Poppins but not the favorite
Will be a ride

Nothing has been released, even by insiders....
except:
Won't be maze
Won't be E class ride
Three leading options, one of which is Mary Poppins but not the favorite
Will be a ride
We need some "Great Mouse Detective" IP in England. That or The Omega Connection! Oh yeeeeeeah (London Connection now I suppose)

An interesting from MousePlanet about attractions we never got on opening day of WDW regarding "The Sword In The Stone" and "Mary Poppins" Rides that we could have got, I would love these concepts to be used for the UK Pavilion.

"Instead of the popular Peter Pan's Flight attraction at Disneyland, the Imagineers proposed using the overhead monorail track to fly guests into an entirely different adventure inspired by the popular film Mary Poppins (1964), since guest surveys had shown Disney visitors would enjoy a ride based on those characters. The first proposal was to use overturned umbrellas as ride vehicles to soar over the rooftops of London to mimic Mary's own journeys with her umbrella. A version that was more seriously considered was to use the colorful carousel horses from the film as ride vehicles. Guests would find themselves leaping through the chalk paintings done by the street artist Bert, the friend of Mary Poppins, as the horses bounced along. Several possible tableaus would have included scenes inspired by the film, like the fox hunt and a horserace".

"Instead of a Mr. Toad attraction, the Imagineers originally pitched the idea of an attraction based on the animated feature The Sword in the Stone (1963) since the character of Merlin fit in so appropriately with the theme of Fantasyland. The part of the film that offered the most options for dramatization was the famous wizard's duel between Merlin and the witch Mad Madam Mim, with them each getting zapped and transforming into different creatures. The finale would have had the ride vehicle circling around Mim after she had turned into a huge dragon just before she is defeated by Merlin".

Credit: https://www.mouseplanet.com/11815/The_1971_Walt_Disney_World_We_Never_Got

An interesting from MousePlanet about attractions we never got on opening day of WDW regarding "The Sword In The Stone" and "Mary Poppins" Rides that we could have got, I would love these concepts to be used for the UK Pavilion.

"Instead of the popular Peter Pan's Flight attraction at Disneyland, the Imagineers proposed using the overhead monorail track to fly guests into an entirely different adventure inspired by the popular film Mary Poppins (1964), since guest surveys had shown Disney visitors would enjoy a ride based on those characters. The first proposal was to use overturned umbrellas as ride vehicles to soar over the rooftops of London to mimic Mary's own journeys with her umbrella. A version that was more seriously considered was to use the colorful carousel horses from the film as ride vehicles. Guests would find themselves leaping through the chalk paintings done by the street artist Bert, the friend of Mary Poppins, as the horses bounced along. Several possible tableaus would have included scenes inspired by the film, like the fox hunt and a horserace".

"Instead of a Mr. Toad attraction, the Imagineers originally pitched the idea of an attraction based on the animated feature The Sword in the Stone (1963) since the character of Merlin fit in so appropriately with the theme of Fantasyland. The part of the film that offered the most options for dramatization was the famous wizard's duel between Merlin and the witch Mad Madam Mim, with them each getting zapped and transforming into different creatures. The finale would have had the ride vehicle circling around Mim after she had turned into a huge dragon just before she is defeated by Merlin".

Credit: https://www.mouseplanet.com/11815/The_1971_Walt_Disney_World_We_Never_Got
Was also talk of a "legend of sleepy hollow" dark ride at some point, no idea if that's brought up in that article or not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter