DVC Plans More Exclusive Spaces for Members **UPDATE - New Member Lounge Coming in 2024**

I'm skeptical how practical the DS lounge would actually be. Being in EPCOT for a full day it's nice to stop by the lounge once or twice to grab a coke, cool off, etc.

DS is a mall... I guess people might stop by between their shopping and dinner reservation? Maybe if it were a more elaborate preview center, or they hosted some activities like on the cruise ships it would draw people?

The more I think about it...

It makes the most sense to add a lounge at either HS or AK. Epcot already has one, and Top of the World lounge is so close to MK - do we really need a second one in the MK area?

The top of the world lounge doesn’t open til 5 I think? It would be nice to have a lounge that allowed for a mid day break like Epcot does
Oh, I didn't realize it only opened after 5! Yes, you are right - it would be nice to have something available all day at MK.

Under the current Club 33 in MK I think is still empty space. It was a Tink meet and greet for a while. It could share back of house with Club 33 (well…restocking the soda machine). lol

I feel like the new WDW lounge will be replacing the current Epcot lounge.

The Imagination Pavilion needs a lot of love and updating the ride and ImageWorks could be part of the future WDW enhancements. There is a Figment movie coming and we got that Imagineering teaser from Disney back in November.

Who knows, maybe there is a DVC space set aside in CommuniCore Hall.

For those who have been to Star View Station, how prominent is it? Do you have to be looking for it, or is there signage or other that might attract interest from non-DVC owners, i.e. serve as marketing?
It isn’t really obvious at all and easy to miss if you didn’t know to look for it (see tiny sign below). The location is so convenient and we end up stopping by most days we’re at DL. Epcot and WDW in general are so spread out that we might only visit that lounge once on a weeklong trip, although it does have better/more snacks. I also really like the outdoor terrace at Star View Station since it’s usually empty and has a nice view of Tomorrowland. Great place to bring some Cheesy Garlic Pretzel Bread for a break.

IMG_6899.jpeg

It isn’t really obvious at all and easy to miss if you didn’t know to look for it (see tiny sign below). The location is so convenient and we end up stopping by most days we’re at DL. Epcot and WDW in general are so spread out that we might only visit that lounge once on a weeklong trip, although it does have better/more snacks. I also really like the outdoor terrace at Star View Station since it’s usually empty and has a nice view of Tomorrowland. Great place to bring some Cheesy Garlic Pretzel Bread for a break.
We haven't found the snacks to be any better at Epcot. It's usually the same Cheeze-Its and Oreos. Starview Station does, however, have two coffee/expresso machines in addition to the Coke Freestyles. We usually grab our lunch from Alien Pizza Planet or Galactic Grill and take it up to eat out on the terrace. Plus, there's never a waiting list.

Oh, and bathrooms...

The Epcot lounge is one of my children’s favorite pitstops. For some reason, the idea of free drinks and chips makes their day.

Would love love love a lounge in Magic Kingdom, or even animal kingdom!

We haven't found the snacks to be any better at Epcot. It's usually the same Cheeze-Its and Oreos. Starview Station does, however, have two coffee/expresso machines in addition to the Coke Freestyles. We usually grab our lunch from Alien Pizza Planet or Galactic Grill and take it up to eat out on the terrace. Plus, there's never a waiting list.

Oh, and bathrooms...
Maybe it’s a more recent change or we just had good timing, but we were at the Epcot lounge last week and they had multiple types of chips, popcorn, Oreos, and graham crackers. The snacks and drinks are a big draw for my kids and they especially liked the popcorn and graham crackers.
IMG_6817.jpeg

I also hope for it at Magic Kingdom. While it isn't the park we spend the most time at, I feel like it's the one we have the hardest time escaping the heat and crowds in.

That said, I had an immediate feeling of dread when I saw someone mention it may even be at Disney Springs, I had not considered that but feel like it's where it will end up because... of course it would. :D

I feel like the new WDW lounge will be replacing the current Epcot lounge.

The Imagination Pavilion needs a lot of love and updating the ride and ImageWorks could be part of the future WDW enhancements. There is a Figment movie coming and we got that Imagineering teaser from Disney back in November.

Who knows, maybe there is a DVC space set aside in CommuniCore Hall.
The video is in reference to the announced movie. It was announced back in 2022. Hopefully it will lead to an updated ride though.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/disney...h-rogen-dan-hernandez-benji-samit-1235129748/

It's also been confirmed that this is a new lounge, it is not replacing the existing lounge.

https://x.com/ScottGustin/status/1742200415607828969?s=20

The video is in reference to the announced movie. It was announced back in 2022. Hopefully it will lead to an updated ride though.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/disney...h-rogen-dan-hernandez-benji-samit-1235129748/

It's also been confirmed that this is a new lounge, it is not replacing the existing lounge.

I still think there may be more to Figment entering Imagineering at the very end of the teaser beyond the movie...

I didn't see Scott Gustin's update after his initial post, thanks!

The Epcot lounge is one of my children’s favorite pitstops. For some reason, the idea of free drinks and chips makes their day.

Would love love love a lounge in Magic Kingdom, or even animal kingdom!
We've only done the DL lounge but the kids HAD to stop there every day. It was definitely a highlight for them. If they only knew how much $$$$$$ those "free" drinks and chips cost!

For 40+ years nobody has needed a lounge at WDW. Now all of sudden we need at least one in every park.

Good to know. We haven't even tried the one at Epcot yet, and were afraid it would be closed by the time we got there finally!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter