DVC Plans More Exclusive Spaces for Members **UPDATE - New Member Lounge Coming in 2024**

mrsap

DIS Veteran

DVC Plans More Exclusive Spaces for Members at Walt Disney World

Disney Vacation Club is reportedly working to bring more exclusive spaces to members in the near future.

Members-only lounges have proven very popular with DVC owners. Since 2016, the EPCOT lounge has provided a location to get away from the heat and crowds of the theme park, while enjoying some complimentary refreshments and a spot to recharge electronic devices. Cast Members are even on hand to answer questions and assist with some administrative needs.

In 2023, Star View Station at Disneyland brought similar features to west coast guests. And one year prior, Top of the World Lounge - A Villain's Lairreopened with new theming and a lineup of nightly special events available just to qualifying DVC owners.

It appears more of these spaces are on the way. During the 2023 Condo Associaton meeting, Disney Vacation Club VP and General Manager Bill Diercksen acknowledged how popular these spaces are with members, and went on to say that they are "focused on creating more community spaces for members at Walt Disney World."

Unfortunately Diercksen was not able to elaborate on plans at the time. Exactly what form these spaces may take and where they will be located is unknown. Theortically, they could be located within any of the other three theme parks, two water parks, at Disney Springs or even at one of the DVC resorts. Many years ago, DVC owners had access to a lounge at Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas called The Attic. The space remains in use today, however it is primarily utilized for weddings and other private functions.

No specific timeline was offered for revealing details, however Diercksen promised additional news "soon."

Hooray!

It seems to me that DVC owners are being treated a little better over the last few years, slowly getting more perks and more respect. I have to wonder how much Covid influenced it - that when Disney realized DVC owners would pay to maintain and operate the DVC resorts whether they were open or closed, it opened their eyes to more possibilities. I think they were beginning to see things before Covid, such as how converting unsold WL rooms to CCV would fill those rooms and allow them to fill the remaining WL rooms at higher prices, but maybe Covid accelerated the process.

Sweet another vaguely defined thing they may or may not do at some unspecified time in the distant future.

Throws the word "soon" in there. Not doing anything soon of course, but might give us a little more info on it 🙄

Their announcements insult our intelligence and annoy me way more than they should 😂

I'd love to know more about The Attic... what it was, and when/why it went away.... Very sad!

Their announcements insult our intelligence and annoy me way more than they should
Yeah I think so too. All of their news releases and announcements basically boil down to "Our guests have been demanding a swift kick in the pants, and we're here to deliver."

If the new DVC spaces can be done in a year or two, that's fine. Beyond that, I'll believe it when I see it.

The Attic is at the end of the 4th floor closest to Atlantic Dance. You didn’t hear this from me, but one might be able to walk around inside during times when it is not in use 😉

It's a private function room. I've owned BWV since 03 and it was never open to owners that I know of?
It was when it first opened. I don't remember when it changed to a private venue only. We've owned since 1999.

It was when it first opened. I don't remember when it changed to a private venue only. We've owned since 1999.
Yes, I remember seeing mention of it the first few years after we bought in 1997. We never visited although it was always in the back of my mind. Then it disappeared from the resort map, can’t remember when.

I would love more places at the different parks. I agree DVC owners stood beside Disney and were the ones first to come back and support the company it is about time Disney pays attention to their loyal customer base.

I'd love to know more about The Attic... what it was, and when/why it went away.... Very sad!
We hosted a family get-together at the Attic back in 2015. Nice space and great service from Disney. It has indoor and outdoor space (mostly covered).

I don't have any pictures from then, but here are a couple videos I found of the Attic.

It's a private function room. I've owned BWV since 03 and it was never open to owners that I know of?

There are great pics on this wedding site
https://fairytaleweddingsguide.com/wdw-venues/the-attic/
I thought the same - we've owned BW points for 23 years and don't recall it being opened to everyone, but there are some people above who do, so I must be getting old and forgetful!
The Attic is at the end of the 4th floor closest to Atlantic Dance. You didn’t hear this from me, but one might be able to walk around inside during times when it is not in use 😉
It's right above Jellyrolls.
We've walked down there several times and checked it out. It's usually opened with a sign outside, but one time we did find it locked up tight.

We hosted a family get-together at the Attic back in 2015. Nice space and great service from Disney. It has indoor and outdoor space (mostly covered).

I don't have any pictures from then, but here are a couple videos I found of the Attic.

So does it have a good view of the EPCOT fireworks then?

As noted the Attic is a rentable lounge. In announcements for BWV before it opened, it was mentioned as a lounge that could be used. After BWV opened in 1996, the Attic was open to members, and at times it was even mentioned as usable to members checking in. That changed about the year 2,000 (exactly when I cannot recall) when they started locking off the room from entry, making it a rentable party lounge (although thereafter, for a while, members could sometimes find it open)

How about instead…

Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s***.
-Happy Gilmore

Blue card, white card, who gives a s***.

If you’re DVC… you’re DVC. Stop differentiating

Not gonna happen. All of the perks are explicitly funded by DVC/DVD as a sales and marketing expense. Those who buy resale willingly agree to forego such benefits. Resale owners still get the room, resorts amenities, park access and all other perks afforded to WDW resort and theme park guests. But they give up the perks which are specifically tied to purchasing points direct from Disney.

Not gonna happen. All of the perks are explicitly funded by DVC/DVD as a sales and marketing expense. Those who buy resale willingly agree to forego such benefits. Resale owners still get the room, resorts amenities, park access and all other perks afforded to WDW resort and theme park guests. But they give up the perks which are specifically tied to purchasing points direct from Disney.
Happened in the past. They changed the rules

How about instead…

Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s***.
-Happy Gilmore

If you buy a used Toyota from a used-car lot, you don’t expect to receive the same perks as someone who buys a brand-new car from the Toyota dealer, do you?

I’m curious if anyone has any idea where these spaces could go. Are there unused corporate lounge spaces at MK?

I think there’s one at AK?

Maybe at the voyage of the little mermaid at MGM studios?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter