DVC Plans More Exclusive Spaces for Members **UPDATE - New Member Lounge Coming in 2024**

For 40+ years nobody has needed a lounge at WDW. Now all of sudden we need at least one in every park.
Well, 40+ years ago, we were in our fourth decade of life with pre-teen children. Now, 40+ years on, we’re nearing the end of our eighth decade and our children are themselves well into middle age. We certainly have slowed down and like to take a break from the sometimes crowded and hectic parks, especially in the Florida heat and humidity. We routinely use the lounge in Epcot and will likely use any new lounges that open in other parks.

For 40+ years nobody has needed a lounge at WDW. Now all of sudden we need at least one in every park.
Who is this even in response to? I don't need a lounge, or DVC at all. I don't see others saying if they don't get another lounge they are selling or anything to that effect.

But it has proven its worth to many at Epcot, so of course people would be excited for another.

Heck, I have to imagine for anyone that has spent a few days at the parks, the selling point of a less crowded area to relax at more of the parks would be a bigger perk selling point for DVC than merch discounts and, for some, annual pass discounts. It's something nearly every member can benefit from without spending more money to do so.

Who is this even in response to? I don't need a lounge, or DVC at all. I don't see others saying if they don't get another lounge they are selling or anything to that effect.

But it has proven its worth to many at Epcot, so of course people would be excited for another.

Heck, I have to imagine for anyone that has spent a few days at the parks, the selling point of a less crowded area to relax at more of the parks would be a bigger perk selling point for DVC than merch discounts and, for some, annual pass discounts. It's something nearly every member can benefit from without spending more money to do so.
Agree. Would still use my Dvc without the lounge but having the lounge at Epcot makes having Dvc more fun! 🤩

My kids literally harass us to go to the lounge, as if it’s a much vied for attraction (think virtual queue level!) and they whine if we skip the lounge. TBH I sometimes get a bit annoyed that they are eating so much junk (vs healthy snacks!) at the lounge!

EPCOT lounge could be relocated to one of several spaces if they need it to. The lack of bathrooms are a drawback, as is the fact there is more space they could use to expand the lounge but have not.

Would be great to have one in every park - the free sodas and air conditioning are a nice treat.

EPCOT lounge could be relocated to one of several spaces if they need it to. The lack of bathrooms are a drawback, as is the fact there is more space they could use to expand the lounge but have not.

Would be great to have one in every park - the free sodas and air conditioning are a nice treat.
Oh yes, no bathroom! Super inconvenient - have to go all the way around to the back of the building past (oftentimes) the winnie the Pooh character

I still miss the Chase Lounge when it was in the American Adventure area. Always enjoyed it during Food and Wine. Free soda, phone charging, bathrooms, air conditioning and often wristbands to viewing areas for whatever show was happening at nights end at Epcot.

I love the lounge in EPCOT, but hate the absence of bathrooms. We still go and have learned to live with it.

We visited the DVC lounge in DL in May right after it had first opened and there were bathrooms...yay!...but no charging stations..Boo!

I think if I had to choose, I'd choose the charging stations because that is one of the main perks of going to the one in EP, but couldn't they have...(shocker) both?!

Add me to the list of people who would love a DVC lounge in every park, it's such a nice respite and sitting opportunities in WDW are not plentiful. My feet really appreciate those breaks!

I love the lounge in EPCOT, but hate the absence of bathrooms. We still go and have learned to live with it.

We visited the DVC lounge in DL in May right after it had first opened and there were bathrooms...yay!...but no charging stations..Boo!
There are charging stations all along the wall with the artwork (to the left as you walk into the main lounge), as well as on the columns to the right.

1704640783375.jpeg
There’s a little shelf to place your phone on.

Oh yes, no bathroom! Super inconvenient - have to go all the way around to the back of the building past (oftentimes) the winnie the Pooh character
I used to make a point of sometimes going where you mention before lining up for the lounge, if I were in the park during the day.

For awhile Sunshine Seasons used to have my favorite croissant bread pudding and I would walk over from BWV at Epcot future world opening, visit the br, buy my food and head up to the lounge for a short while to eat it with a cup of their decaf, as I'd already had my caffeine much earlier during my walk around the lake. (Would stop at BC Marketplace for this.) (Now with the duo machines easier to bring my own choice of kcup or other coffee, plus an old refillable mug and fix it in the room.)

Sometimes that would be my only park entry that day, unless I went back to watch Illuminations or whatever was happening in Epcot. Well before having to make stupid reservations.

Most of my winter trips to WDW are more focused on getting out for a walk and exercise then actually enjoying the parks and rides. I still have passes and use them to do as I like, and a lounge is something I like. But, bathrooms are also a necessity.

There are charging stations all along the wall with the artwork (to the left as you walk into the main lounge), as well as on the columns to the right.

View attachment 823675
There’s a little shelf to place your phone on.

I guess we were sitting in the middle because there were no outlets near us! I like how the EP DVC lounge has them built into all of the tables so we can sit and charge and also look at our phones.

I guess we were sitting in the middle because there were no outlets near us! I like how the EP DVC lounge has them built into all of the tables so we can sit and charge and also look at our phones.
Guessing they didn't want to core a bunch of holes through the floor slab to run power (that would affect all of the spaces below and mean shutting down the Darth Vader meet and greet, etc. while they ran new AC), plus it gives them freedom to move furniture around as they see fit or for cleaning. The Epcot space was always an exhibit area, so likely had all of the floor receptacles already there and they just had to plop some tables down on top of them.

It's also been confirmed that this is a new lounge, it is not replacing the existing lounge.

https://x.com/ScottGustin/status/1742200415607828969?s=20
Not familiar with him. Is he disney affiliated or an influencer/heard it from a bus driver sort? ;)
One person’s want could be another person’s need. many old timers here whose stamina is starting to wear :rolleyes1& appreciate having a DVC version of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
My kids literally harass us to go to the lounge, as if it’s a much vied for attraction (think virtual queue level!)
during busy periods, we’ve often had to get on list to be admitted. Have kidded.

Tongue in cheek, it would be nice to be able to book it ahead/same day sort of thing.
While it has been confirmed here :thumbsup2, there are charging stations…

DL lounge probably is heavy on many locals, I’d imagine there could be issues with many heading there to wait out latter plans in the park. If anything, no charging options would keep people rotating

30 years ago, I used to go into the AAA lounge in MK.

And for the last 25 years I have visited the GM employee lounge in EPCOT. Nice views, free beverages, and the best restrooms on property according to my DW.

30 years ago, I used to go into the AAA lounge in MK.

And for the last 25 years I have visited the GM employee lounge in EPCOT. Nice views, free beverages, and the best restrooms on property according to my DW.
Hmm, maybe the MK AAA lounge could be converted for DVC?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter