DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

More, more, Bobbi! Photos of the gifts? Entertainment? News on the next member cruise?

General Gifts...there were also small gifts, like postcards and luggage tags that you received when you visited a Member Services area each day. We do not always remember to stop by.

These were in the room, one for each occupant.

The calendar is especially lovely, featuring the art of Lorelay Bove.

We also got a coupon for a free picture. We picked one with Anna & Elsa. It was a fun Meet and Greet with them.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
There was varied entertainment. We did not go to all. Speakers and Presenters included:

Ryan March

Ken Potrock...not giving away anything about next year's cruise. It will celebrate the 25th anniversary of DVC. He says it will be special, I think he indicated it will be announced in the fall, and be held in the fall. I told him about the mysterious 4 days the Magic had nothing scheduled between coming home to NY from Europe and October 2nd when it embarked on a 5 night cruise to Canada. He did not move a facial muscle upon hearing that news. Personally, I would like to sail out of NYC on a MC, but I would be happier with a 7 night Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy. 4 nights is just not long enough. He lost his Community Cook off breakfast. I suggested he use one of his mother's recipes, but apparently she never met a dish that did not use paprika, not something of massive appeal.

Robert Baird (Big Hero 6)

Lori Coltrin who spoke and showed photos and art from Shanghai Disney

Bill Farmer and Paul Rudish who did Outrageously Goofy Short Films

Josh Cooley presented Inside Pixar. He presented a short that was first debuted at D23, and will be released later this year. Funny and very good, IMO!

Ridley Pearson of Kingdom Keepers book fame

Great Moments with Walt Disney....presented by Ryan March, Tim O'Day and Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline. Artifacts were put on display...one was Walt's own little movie camera!

Lorelay Bové and Stacia Martin. Artists at work, and then raffle for the beautiful works!

Artist Academy...learn to draw with Alex Maher and Tim Whalen

Comedy of Maryellen Hooper who also competed with Ken Potrock at the cook off.

Broadway and Beyond...Ashley Brown, Josh Strickland, Alton Fitzgerald White, Merle Dandridge, John Brady... The show was called "Songs We're Wild About!"

My only suggestion to DVC Planners is that last year we got a schedule. We could read at a glance what was presented and when. This year in the Navigators when something was described, the other times it was presented was mentioned, but I found this way to be much less user friendly than last year's method. I think they broke something that had worked fine. My only gripe was that MaryEllen Hopper was only on twice, and both times at 11 PM...we did not make either, we were sound asleep. The other shows thatwe wanted to see, we did!

Bobbi:)

We had a blast!!! Met so many new friends!!! So sorry we didn't meet everyone we 'talked' with online. So many shared FE's with me just for organizing this and our other group. I was so shocked by all the goodies we got. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be but overall it was an amazing time!

Thank You Everyone for all the Wonderful FE Gift and all the Great Candy! I have gained 5 ponds already! The food on the ship was just yummy! Lobster and lobster and more lobster - and we were really lucky we had a Palo brunch (so good) and got a Palo Dinner with ALL of our table mates! That was so much fun! We (David and me) had not done Palo for dinner before - we really enjoyed it. We had so much fun with our table mates! I enjoyed seeing our DIS Group all over the ship and at WDW after the cruise.
Will be back on the diet after all the wonderful candy is gone! I so enjoyed this cruise! I met so many nice people and made a lot of new friends! Everyone was so friendly - We had a great time! I really hated to see it end! I hope everyone had a nice time and a safe trip home. We came home last night - the flight out of Orlando was a bit bumpy with the storm - but otherwise was smooth. The lighting around the plane was scary! Not as bad as the lighting at the Top of the Tower last Sunday - that was SCARY!
I am booked on the TA next May and the Norway Cruise right after (BTB)- I hope some of you may be booked too (I know Bobbi is for the TA!) - It would be great to cruise with you all again!
Lynn

Back home but that was a really memorable cruise! We were at the Meet & Greet but got busy talking to another couple and never got to meet the people on this board ! We started the trip with the Frozen fireworks at Studios and on Friday night from our balcony at AKL we saw them again ! I thought the gifts were wonderful and got to chat with the execs at that Meet & Greet and found them very responsive to suggestions. The Broadway Show had me in tears especially the final song. We had so much fun at dinner with our table mates and loved the two days at Castaway Cay. A really terrific trip ! Debbie

General Gifts...there were also small gifts, like postcards and luggage tags that you received when you visited a Member Services area each day. We do not always remember to stop by.

These were in the room, one for each occupant.

The calendar is especially lovely, featuring the art of Lorelay Bove.

We also got a coupon for a free picture. We picked one with Anna & Elsa. It was a fun Meet and Greet with them.

View attachment 120398 View attachment 120399 View attachment 120400
Thanks for the photos! I'm so jealous! The Clue game is the same as we got on the Alaska MC, but I love your pin, and Vinylmation! And the calendar sounds so nice. I think I'm hooked on Member Cruises!

Thanks for the photos! I'm so jealous! The Clue game is the same as we got on the Alaska MC, but I love your pin, and Vinylmation! And the calendar sounds so nice. I think I'm hooked on Member Cruises!

We have a cousin who went on the Alaska MC and it was her first cruise ever and she already has 2 DCL cruises booked and is eagerly awaiting the 2016 Member Cruise announcement!

DH, who missed 2 of the MCs I was on, does not want to miss any more, he had a fabulous time as well!

GLAD to hear the cruise was GREAT:thumbsup2 and was directly unaffected by Erika! Broadway and Beyond Show was probably OUTSTANDING! :banana:Following along to hear about announcement for next year's cruise!:wave2:

We also got a coupon for a free photo on the Alaska cruise. I thought that was a great idea! I probably would not have even looked at our photos otherwise, but there were two beautiful ones of my phone family on formal and semi-formal night, and then we bought the fancy frames and...well...they made money off of that "gift". :rotfl:

We also got a coupon for a free photo on the Alaska cruise. I thought that was a great idea! I probably would not have even looked at our photos otherwise, but there were two beautiful ones of my phone family on formal and semi-formal night, and then we bought the fancy frames and...well...they made money off of that "gift". :rotfl:

I think a free photo has always been a gift. When I put our current on in the photo frame last night, I saw other photos in the frame, and one was from Pirate Night from the 2005 MC. I had forgotten about that picture.

Hey, gang...think I am finally recovered from travel. We had a great time meeting people at Top of the World. Fish Extender gifts were amazing! One of our group sewed tote bags for the ladies and a water-proof toiletry or dirty duds bag for the men. We also got homemade cds of cruise & tropical music. Super-impressed by the creativity!
We loved meeting Patty, Bobbi, and Lauren. We met several others but those were our most frequent pals. (Ask Lauren about getting caught in the rain! Lol) We also learned a lot about the creative process from the presenters and hubby is dying to take our 15yr old next year, as she is a budding animator. The advice we received for her was immeasurable. I cried during the Broadway show...Josh Strickland sang Proud of Your Boy and Alton jumped straight into If I Can't Love Her right after...my two all-time favorite songs!
I brought home Chip n Dale in sailor suits...they insisted they needed to come live with me, honest!
Thank you all for making our first MC amazing. We have a deposit on our next cruise and anxiously awaiting info on next year's MC.

Glad to hear you are home, April. It was a pleasure to meet you and Tony, first at TTOTW and then so very often on the cruise! Glad to hear that Sailors Chip & Dale found a good home. :) We are looking forward to learning about next year's MC.

April
Where are you going for your next cruise? I didn't get a chance to ask you as I didn't see you after talking with you at the pool. Glad to hear you all had a great time! It was a wonderful cruise!
Lynn

April
Where are you going for your next cruise? I didn't get a chance to ask you as I didn't see you after talking with you at the pool. Glad to hear you all had a great time! It was a wonderful cruise!
Lynn

Hi Lynn, I just sent you an email. Meredith wants to send your FE gift on to you (somehow it didn't get delivered). There was so much to do and so little time.

We had a great time. Not sure we'll book another Member Cruise though for the cost factor. We did book NYC to San Juan for November 2016, anyone on that sailing?

Pat, if the Member Cruise is out of NYC, we will opt for that, if not, we will book the NYC to Puerto Rico cruise on our next cruise. I grew up in north Jersey and would love to sail out of NYC at least once in my life!

I bought the Legacy Disneyland CD set! Wow, Walt's voice, and many things I never knew existed like Date Night at Disneyland! Old fashioned tunes, and duplicate songs from other CDs I have like Tiki Birds. I'm enjoying the collection, anyone else?

Bobbi
I bought a set many years ago of all the old songs - It has I think 6 CDs in a nice box set - I love listening to them! Your set sounds really nice - Walt's voice! That is cool! I love watching the old shows - Daniel Boone and Zorro. They used to sell them at the Disney Store many years ago. I am reading my autographed books! I love the Kingdom Keeper stories!
Lynn

I must have had my head in the sand because I know very little about The Kingdom Keepers stories. I wonder what I have missed.

Bobbi
The books are for Teens/Young Adults - I would not have known but a coworker who ran a church youth group told me about them. I do enjoy reading them. They are all Disney! If you like to read - you will like them.
Lynn

Bobbi
The books are for Teens/Young Adults - I would not have known but a coworker who ran a church youth group told me about them. I do enjoy reading them. They are all Disney! If you like to read - you will like them.
Lynn

I do like to read. Which should I read first?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter