DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

pjstevens

Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder
Oh my gosh the stress of trying to book this is crazy! We had all the info written out and were patiently waiting to make the call. We started at 8am on the dot. Hubby got a ringing early on that went on for some time and then finally the 'sorry we are closed' message, ugh. We had this happen FOUR times, on both the 800 and the 407 number. (Once it rang for almost four minutes before that message came on). I was on hold 49 minutes until I got a LIVE person and we are in the process of confirming!

WOOHOO!!!! We are booked!! Cabin 7029. Hubby (Dale) and myself! Please join the fun!

This will be our first member cruise!

Itinerary
Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard
1 Port Canaveral, Florida 3:45 p.m.
2 Castaway Cay 8:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
3 At Sea -- --
4 Castaway Cay 8:30 a.m. 4:45 p.m.
5 Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 a.m.

Meet Ups Planned

Top of the World Lounge Meet UP ~ Sunday, August 23at 8:30pm
Some of those wanting to meet up Sunday evening for a drink (or a quick hello) at the Top of The World Lounge on the top of Bay Lake Towers. You must be staying on-site and bring your DVC card to gain access to this lounge (elevator from the lobby directly there) (I'm just guestimating a time for now)

Boma Breakfast ~ Monday, August 24at 7:30am There is a LARGE group of 50 or more already involved in this. It's too late to get in on the group reservation but you can book your own for that same time and we'll try and get seated together.
A pre-cruise meet up for breakfast before heading to the port. Boma breakfast is approximate $21-25 for adults; and around $12 for kids (these prices are the most recent I could find).

Official Meet UP - D Lounge ~ Monday, August 24at 3:00pm
We will hold our typical getting to put face to name meet up prior to the lifeboat drill in the D Lounge located on Deck four mid-ship.

Breakfast meet ~ Cabanas or Royal Palace at 8:30 or 9 AM 1st CC day

Lunch at Cabanas ~ noon on the sea day

FE - Fish Extender Gift Exchange - CLOSED, NO ADDITIONAL SIGN UPS. Due to regulations, I cannot post the link to an easy sign up form so please pm me the following information. I will reply to confirm receipt of your info and update the post below as soon as possible:
Which group you'd like to join - Adults; Families; Teens/Tweens or 'it doesn't matter so we'll fill in where needed'
Total number of people in your cabin
Your Real Name (first name is fine if you'd rather not share last also)
your email address
(you may have to type it out as I'm not sure if a full address will go through)
your disboard name
Cabin Number
Names of all in cabin; ages of any children in cabin (please specify if boy or girl if name may be confused)
special notes; allergies, etc (any additional info you feel pertinent to share)

We also have a Candy Exchange going on!!!! Refer to this post with info and let Bobbi know if you want to participate.
Candy Exchange

Last edited:
Who's Going!!! - Sorry this list was not kept updated

pstevens - Patty & DH - Dale (dstevens)
66ladybugs - Christine & family
AccidentalDVC
Bellecruiser - Meg & DH - Bruce
bliscum - Barb
blossomz - Blossom
bobbiwoz - Bobbi & DH
Bobbybear68 - Bob & Anna
carolinadj - Bob & DJ
Christy May - Christy & Roy
Coll0610- Colleen & Dave
countygirl629 - Carolynn & Alan & dd 3
dismiss - Mary Ellen & DH Jay; DD Kayleigh -18; DS Kevin -15
disneyduo0517 - Debi & Matt
disneygirl - Marianne & DH; DS 9; DS 3
DVC4US - Leilani & DD
gbsb1011 - Sue & DH - Glenn
g00fy0ne - mom; dad; teen and little sis
goofydvc
jacstangler & Vieragirl1 John & Christy
jennileigh - Jenni & mom & sister
jjackering - Janice & DH and DD
jonesm117
keaster - with dh, dd and dmil
irishwit2
lgough - Lisa & Mark
laduchesa & DD's (19); (17) & (7)
married-2-wdw-nut - DW; DH & DD Cathy 17
marron5 & DH & kids
merisland & DH and kidsMousemama2-Jenn & Aric and 2 kids
moneyhappy - Tammy & John
mousekemom3 - April & DH
NJShoreDad
oreoman - Joann, Karen & Stephanie
RN4Disney - Susan & Brian
RRBB - It's me, DH, DS(10) and DD(8)
sager1969 - Robin and DS Sager (14)
SamIam8
Sigillaria
skelly_wi & DH and kids
ssrcmom - Susan & DD Melanie
SMITH2615 - Craig & Sharon
sulcata
SunshineTK - Tanya & Duy
tmk0730 - Tracy & Bill and DS (8) & DS (5)
WDWEPCOT - Lynn & DH David
Wolfcat

FE lists
Adult partipants - (some people are not on the Dis so first name only listed)

ADULT GROUP ONE - FULL

pjstevens (2)
oreoman (3)
66ladybugs (2)
ssrcmom (2)
Donna (2)
Coll0610 (2)
Pepples22 (2)
MongoldFamily (2-4)
bliscum (1)
Cheryl (2)
Kathy (2)
xginny1008x (2)

ADULT GROUP TWO - FULL
Christine (2)
Alice (2)
Moneyhappy (2)
soembj6 (2)
JenniLeigh (3)(all adults)
smith2615 (2)
Lgough (2)
disneyduo0517 (2)
edstewbob (4 adults)
Cindi & Mike
Robin (3 adults)
DVC4US (2)

ADULT GROUP THREE - FULL
Christy May (2)
Allyse (2)
SheilaC (2)
Dreamer0640 (2)
jonesm117 (2)
disneyworld25 (2)
Kim (2)
elspyth (2)
carolinadj (2)
Cmcm624 (3)
mousekemom3 (2)
Sigillaria (2)

ADULT GROUP FOUR - CLOSED
RN4Disney (2)
SamIam8 (4)
goofydvc (2)
carol (2)
JDGrage (2)
Tammy (1)
tinkerbell0611 (2)
alaneeray (2)
celocey (2)

FAMILY GROUP ONE - FULL
Mousemama2 (4)
merisland (5)
Skelly_wi (5)
Rebecca (3)
WDWEPCOT (2)
marron5 (5)
Gianine (4)
Victoria (4)
Janelle (2)
g00fy0ne (4)
Dismiss (4)
Renee1221 (4)

FAMILY GROUP TWO - FULL
countrygirl629 (3)
Mphduffy (3)
sager1969 (2)
panda13 (4)
SunshineTK (5)
RRBB (4)
Satomi (4) - all adults
jonesm117 (3)
Treska50 (4)
Aimee (4)
sulcata (3)
Wolfcat (4)

FAMILY GROUP THREE - FULL
RRBB (4)
tmk0730 (4)
laduchesa (4)
ldk1193 (5)
Lindsey (4)
nytwinkie (4)
gdulaney (2)
Nicole (5)
Jo Ann (4)
Beth (4)
Salvatore9504 (4)
TiggerAllie (3)

TWEENS/TEENS - CLOSED
darlene (2 teens)
jonesm117 (DD and her service dog)
dismiss - DD 18; DS 15
debra (2 teens)
Tammy (2 teens)

LAST MINUTE FE GROUP - All ages
tinkerbell0611 (2)
Gianine (6)
Donna Morgan (3)
Michelle (4)
PuckerupPiglet (3)
nikki6901 (2)
FloridaJim35 (2)
ErinlovesGary (3)

Last edited:
Well we are booked,

We are Susan and DD Melanie. We are room 7520. EXCIED!:banana:

Started dialing at 8 it was almost 2 hours before I finally got through on the 407 number.. 55 min of hold and than 20ish to make the reservation... How crazy is that.?.?.? As this is my first member cruise I am hoping its worth it.... It will be me, mom and older sister... Can't wait :)

I'm Colleen and my husband Dave and I will be on the cruise! So excited!!!

Welcome Colleen (and Dave)!

Started dialing at 8 it was almost 2 hours before I finally got through on the 407 number.. 55 min of hold and than 20ish to make the reservation... How crazy is that.?.?.? As this is my first member cruise I am hoping its worth it.... It will be me, mom and older sister... Can't wait :)

Welcome Jenni! Come on over to the f/b group if you are on there.

We will be on board too!

Myself, DH, DD12 (when we sail) and my DMIL.

Booked 2 connecting 5e staterooms :):cool1:

It took us 2 hours with three people calling to get through to the "On Hold" point. We got through 3 times during that two hour window, then waited through the ringing for it to go through to a message that Member services was closed for the holiday.

Once we got in line/"On Hold", we were at 54 minutes when we hung up with our room and confirmation number for the August cruise.

We are super excited now, but the two hours was very stressful.

We are super excited now, but the two hours was very stressful.

Welcome aboard!!! I know, I was so stressed that there wouldn't be any 'cheap' cabins available when we finally got through. We have an 11B :) on deck 7. I'm good with that!

My daughter and I were both dialing with land line and cells and I never got through. After an hour daughter go through and was on hold and talking for 90 minutes before complete. But at least we are book and confirmed.

Welcome aboard!!! I know, I was so stressed that there wouldn't be any 'cheap' cabins available when we finally got through. We have an 11B :) on deck 7. I'm good with that!

We are happy with our cabin. We are on deck 9, which is the nicest room we have ever had. I am glad that most people are sticking it out. My hope is that when they get to the reps the callers are polite and go quickly. These people are not in charge of the phone lines. Our guy was polite and efficient and gave a little chuckle when I said "sorry, I am not taking you off of speaker because I am scared I will hang up on you" and when I confirmed they had a number to call me back on in case we got disconnected. Paranoid much!!!!

And finally, thanks for the welcome aboard!

DH & I are going! He is Tom, I am Bobbi!

The Candy Exchange uses the Fish Extenders to pass along candy that is local to your community, or state or region. For instance, Life Savers originated in Cleveland Ohio! For the WBPC cruise, I gave a package of life savers to each person in each cabin in the exchange. Because I have a Cape May house, and I am from NJ originally, for one exchange we gave out 15 pieces of salt water taffy from Atlantic City to each cabin. One family from Nebraska gave out these delicious chocolates to the group:
http://www.1011now.com/video?videoid=2776090&device=phone
For this year's MC I have decided on a different treat, one from Ohio!

If there are any questions, just ask in the thread. The amount to give is up to the giver. We will all know how many are in each cabin. Also, if you have any allergies, please mention that. I will be taking information such as allergies, how many in cabin, and most important your cabin number beginning next June or July. I will close the exchange July 15, 2015 to give people time to organize their gifts. As far as how much candy you will get. I have had success in keeping the numbers between 7 and 10 in each group. If you want more, then sign up for 2 groups. Oh yes, the candy should be wrapped by the factory for safety.

Deadline July 15
CE for Member Cruise 2015

marron5
dismiss
bobbiwoz
pjstevens
merisland
ssrcmom
Coll0610
Bellecruiser
Lgough
WDWEPOCT
married-2-wdw-nut
bliscum
Captviper13
xginny1008x
Jennileigh
Linda Farrell
Jonesm117
Sulcata
Tmk0730
Carolinadj
Emelle24
Goofy60
DVC4US
ShCa
SamlAm8
EAH
nytwinkie
goofydvc
DonnaMorgan

Bobbi

PS...I am adding a note here. If you are interested in a breakfast meeting one day. We are beginning the discussion here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52214550&postcount=146

PPS. The only option for my snorkeling trip was 9 AM on Tuesday, the first CC day. I will not be at breakfast. There are others who want to do CC 5 K.

PPPS. Some hope to meet for lunch, and trade pins on Sea day. Meeting by the elevator entrance to Cabanna's at 11:50 before it opens for lunch.

Last edited:
All Booked - Took 2 1/2 hours from start to finish - my fingers are worn out from hitting redial! Room #8684 - Can't wait! Just DH (David) and me (Lynn). We want to do Fish Extender - We don't do Face Book - so hope everyone will keep the DIS updated for us non FB people. Hope everyone gets what they want today! Very busy morning!

jacstangler & Vieragirl1 John and Christy Stangler all signed up for room 8014.
It took us an hour from start at 8 to finish at 9. This is our first member cruise and looking forward to it. Can't wait to get together with the DIS group that will be going.

DH & I are going!

If there is interest, I will organize a Candy Exchange 6 months out!

Bobbi:)

Welcome aboard Bobbi (and DH). I've only recently read of a candy exchange! Love the idea.

All Booked - Took 2 1/2 hours from start to finish - my fingers are worn out from hitting redial! Room #8684 - Can't wait! Just DH (David) and me (Lynn). We want to do Fish Extender - We don't do Face Book - so hope everyone will keep the DIS updated for us non FB people. Hope everyone gets what they want today! Very busy morning!

Welcome aboard Lynn. I hope this group stays active. Our cruise we just took the disthread was so dead, but I guess all those that were active moved over to f/b. I'll do my best to keep mention anything important in both places.

My DH and I will be joining you on this cruise. It is our first MC and we are so excited! I am Meg and DH is Bruce.:wave2:

Hi -- we'll be sailing with you ... It's me and DH and our three kids. Looking forward to the next 14 months and our second member cruise. We got married on our first member cruise many years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter