• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

We have 6:45 reservations at Olivia's on Sunday.
This is our first time staying at OKW. We thought we'd try something different - our Home is Saratoga Springs.
All I can say is NO Hurricanes!! The last time we were at Castaway Cay it was a torrential rain the whole day. Luckily we had a cabana and it was nice to be out of the wind and rain.
Not so lucky this time if it's rainy.
Safe travels and have a good visit with your brother!
OKW is our home resort (members since 1993) and still our favorite! The latest report has Danny heading south of us to an area of islands that really need rain and on Sunday it may downgrade to a storm - the forecaster this morning said it was the smallest hurricane he had ever seen so I think we will be fine.

Just wanted to pop by and say hello....my dh and I just booked this cruise today! We were supposed to be on the 8/24/15 alaskan cruise, but some issues prevented us from going. So we switched to this one and cannot wait. We were on the August 2014 members cruise.....just sorry we wont get to know any of you before we cruise.

Welcome!! Definitely come to the meets if possible.

Looking forward to meeting new friends in person today!

Safe travels to all who are still en route!

Bobbi:boat:

Cruise transfer question-- anyone at WDW right now taking Disney transfers to the port tomorrow morning? We are at the Poly, and we haven't gotten any information about them. I called the front desk and they had no idea-- transferred my call to Member Services, and I am still on hold. Wondered if anyone else had info? TIA!

ToggerAllie, I hope you got your answer.

We're picking up transfers at MCO, we have to return our rental car.

I've been so busy dealing with an FE group for the Star Wars Cruise Jan 23, 2016 I forgot all about this cruise. Single 73 Cabin 8089. this is cruise #4/and first DVC. Next up is Sept 14th -MNSSHP (AK-Kidani) followed by a Halloween cruise on the Dream-Sept 21. NOt rich just trying to get things done before...

I've been so busy dealing with an FE group for the Star Wars Cruise Jan 23, 2016 I forgot all about this cruise. Single 73 Cabin 8089. this is cruise #4/and first DVC. Next up is Sept 14th -MNSSHP (AK-Kidani) followed by a Halloween cruise on the Dream-Sept 21. NOt rich just trying to get things done before...

Wow, you have a great line up!

Are you at WDW now? Some will be meeting at TTOTW tonight!

Cruise transfer question-- anyone at WDW right now taking Disney transfers to the port tomorrow morning? We are at the Poly, and we haven't gotten any information about them. I called the front desk and they had no idea-- transferred my call to Member Services, and I am still on hold. Wondered if anyone else had info? TIA!
We are at Old Key West and got 4 different answers about where and when the luggage pick up and the bus would be here. We finally got a letter in our room from Bell Services. They will pick up our luggage at 8:00 and the motor coach departs at 12:30. This will be unusual for us because we are usually one of the first ones on the ship. Looks like we will be one of those last stragglers boarding after everyone else.

We are at Old Key West and got 4 different answers about where and when the luggage pick up and the bus would be here. We finally got a letter in our room from Bell Services. They will pick up our luggage at 8:00 and the motor coach departs at 12:30. This will be unusual for us because we are usually one of the first ones on the ship. Looks like we will be one of those last stragglers boarding after everyone else.

Ended up getting transferred to Member Services who tracked down the situation: Bell Services delivers the letters (which is why the front desk knows nothing about them) and they don't start until 6PM. Luggage by 8AM and meet for the bus at 11AM. We must be the first stop; in the past it's been about 4 hotels per bus (it was 11:30 at BLT which was not the first stop), but 12:30 seems pretty late. I hope we aren't driving around WDW for 90 minutes before we leave for Port Canaveral. The baby will never make it on the bus for almost 3 hours.

Had a blast meeting several members at TOTW. Not only did we see fireworks, but got a lightning show and a downpour. Lightning strick so close to the roof and the sound was shockingly loud. Scared us silly! Looking forward to breakfast with the chance to meet more Dis members!

Bobbi, we missed the meet because we were at Studios for Frozen Fireworks - truly amazing ! Thanks for recommending it ! Hope to get together on the ship - were not big breakfast people so skipping Bomas. We'll be sailing soon ! Debbie

Debbie, will you be at the Embarkation meet?

We sail today!:sail: Looking forward to seeing you onboard!

Bon Voyage! The webcam for Port Canaveral shows your ship waiting for you! Looking forward to seeing some highlights soon. Anxiously awaiting to see if they announce 2016 cruise dates!

We had a wonderful cruise, we met many new Disboard friends. Thank you to all of the CE Participants and for everyone who pixie dusted us!

We wish for safe travels to all!

Bobbi & Tom

We had a wonderful cruise, we met many new Disboard friends. Thank you to all of the CE Participants and for everyone who pixie dusted us!

We wish for safe travels to all!

Bobbi & Tom
More, more, Bobbi! Photos of the gifts? Entertainment? News on the next member cruise?

We had a great time too, Bobbi. :cool1: I hope everyone makes it home ok. Loved meeting so many I have been corresponding with for years. I thought the member cruise was spectacular. Loved every minute of the lectures, movies, cartoons and songs. :thumbsup2

We had an awesome cruise. We didn't make it to the meetings cause I lost the paper I wrote the times on it and we were super busy. But thank you to everyone who was involved with the CE and the FE. My husband complained before the cruise that we had too many things to give away. He loved it after the first couple of gifts we received. He couldn't wait to see what we got each day. He wants to do it again next cruise and says we need to bring more gifts. So thank you for converting my husband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter