DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

April
Where are you going for your next cruise? I didn't get a chance to ask you as I didn't see you after talking with you at the pool. Glad to hear you all had a great time! It was a wonderful cruise!
Lynn

Hi! Not sure where yet. We put the deposit on two rooms but still deciding if kids will go or just grown ups. If my bro-in-law decides not to go, we have backup plans, and DCL will let us cancel and roll that deposit to our room so lots of time to choose.
Hubby wants Alaska but depends on if he gets a new job or if we decide to stay here until our oldest graduates. If we stay, we will buy a house.
I want to do NY so we can do a Broadway show. We also want to try one of the other ships. I am very partial to the Dream cuz it's familiar. Lol
I really want to do the British Isle cruise but that will have to wait until the kids are out of the house...I have three kids on the road to college after all!

I must have had my head in the sand because I know very little about The Kingdom Keepers stories. I wonder what I have missed.

I know about them because I was getting my teaching degree when the first one came out. We were missing #4&#7 so it was off to the bookstore to complete the set. My older two have been giddy and hoarding them since. Alex took his signed one to show his english class. Maggie says she is rereading so I finally can read #3, after I finish reading a series with hubby.
I highly recommend them, Pat! My kids love them as much as Harry or Percy.

I do like to read. Which should I read first?

If you have a kindle...the first one was free. Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark is $6.79. The first three is a set for under $15, or the 7 book first series is $52. The Syndrome and The Return are sold alone. Most of the books are under $10 on kindle and $8-10 in print.
It really is best to read them in order. Each book builds on the prior.

Last edited:

Bobbi
So glad April got you all set with the books - I have not been online all week-end! They are great books - you should be able to read them quick as they are not real thick. Let me know how you like them. I am getting ready to start his new set. I have really enjoyed the books.

April
I would really recommend Alaska - it was AWESOME! We loved that cruise - We went in 2013 and I would love to do it again! So beautiful! So much wildlife - and the beautiful mountains, water - I could go on and on! I did want to do the British Isle cruise but picked Norway instead - but because airfare was so expensive we decided to add the Transatlantic on also so that is what we are doing next year. Let me know which cruise you pick.
Lynn

Bobbi
So glad April got you all set with the books - I have not been online all week-end! They are great books - you should be able to read them quick as they are not real thick. Let me know how you like them. I am getting ready to start his new set. I have really enjoyed the books.

April
I would really recommend Alaska - it was AWESOME! We loved that cruise - We went in 2013 and I would love to do it again! So beautiful! So much wildlife - and the beautiful mountains, water - I could go on and on! I did want to do the British Isle cruise but picked Norway instead - but because airfare was so expensive we decided to add the Transatlantic on also so that is what we are doing next year. Let me know which cruise you pick.
Lynn
I have read the first two, so on to #3. Lol
I am really leaning toward the NY cruise but we will have to see. The kids are wanting to see the Avengers area in the kids club on the Magic (I think it's on the Magic). Did you see the Dream is heading to dry dock? They are getting some upgrades too. Their kids club is getting a Millennium Falcon cockpit so Alex is giddy about that...until I point out he is too old now! Tony really wants to compare the different ships and we figured out the smaller ships do the longer runs. Will keep you posted.

We booked a quick early Christmas trip (12/9-12/12), I am so glad there is something closer on the horizon. We are booked on the Magic on the NYC to San Juan but not real active yet on that group.

I've not read the series but I'm going to have to check it out.

We booked a quick early Christmas trip (12/9-12/12), I am so glad there is something closer on the horizon. We are booked on the Magic on the NYC to San Juan but not real active yet on that group.

I've not read the series but I'm going to have to check it out.

My cousin changed her December plans, and so, I had to book us a smaller villa for our early December trip. Luckily there was a 1 bedroom available at SSR. We're staying December 8 to 12th and have a Candlelight Processional booked for the 8th. Maybe this will be our chance to meet in person Pat?!

My cousin changed her December plans, and so, I had to book us a smaller villa for our early December trip. Luckily there was a 1 bedroom available at SSR. We're staying December 8 to 12th and have a Candlelight Processional booked for the 8th. Maybe this will be our chance to meet in person Pat?!

Bobbi, we are also staying at SSR in a one bedroom (ONLY thing available), just the two of us. We are going to do MVMCP on the 10th and check out the decorations throughout the resorts (unless some great park ticket prices come out). Would love to meet up with you!!!

Bobbi, we are also staying at SSR in a one bedroom (ONLY thing available), just the two of us. We are going to do MVMCP on the 10th and check out the decorations throughout the resorts (unless some great park ticket prices come out). Would love to meet up with you!!!

Well, we were not planning to go to MVMCP this year, but we do have park passes so we could meet at the MK from the 4PM time that you can enter. We could do something like Disney Philharmagic. Are you able to make FP+ with a party ticket pass. On the other hand, we also would travel to different resorts to see decorations. Do you want to make dinner reservations at one of the well-decorated resorts? Another choice would be the Wave at Contemporary, then go up to see the fireworks from TTOTWL.

We usually request Congress Park, but if you prefer another section, I will request it too. This time I have nothing requested as yet.

I just booked our 1 bedroom this morning. I was so happy that something was available this close to December!!! For us, this is a pre cruise trip on the Magic that begins in Miami on December 13. We have the night of the 12th booked at Vero. My cousin was going with us to WDW, to Vero and finally on the ship. We began to talk about it yesterday and she bowed out with a good reason.

But NEXT on our plate, is the fact that we are 1 hour away from leaving Cape May for the beginning of our journey to Vancouver, and finally to Aulani, on the 21st. My DSis and her hubby are celebrating his being cancer free, and they have begun the celebration by being on the Alaska cruise now. (Nancy went on a fishing trip on Sunday and caught a dozen salmon!!!...or is that a fish story???) We meet them when the ship gets to Vancouver, and we sail together to Hawaii! These are RCCL cruises.

Wow, Bobbi, I hope we get to travel like that once the kids are gone. My in-laws keep saying they are spending the boys inheritance. They go on their cruise to Belize next month, then they are planning for their 45th anniversary in January, then an Alaskan cruise in May. She loves Princess and insists we only love Disney because of the family. Lol...she doesn't get I have been one of Walt's Mouseketeers all my life.

Wow, Bobbi, I hope we get to travel like that once the kids are gone. My in-laws keep saying they are spending the boys inheritance. They go on their cruise to Belize next month, then they are planning for their 45th anniversary in January, then an Alaskan cruise in May. She loves Princess and insists we only love Disney because of the family. Lol...she doesn't get I have been one of Walt's Mouseketeers all my life.

Ha! I guess we are a lot like your in laws, April! I'm able to say that because I do know that you have a good relationship with them!

We are doing a WDW trip too to see the Christmas stuff with the grandkids - we arrive on the 12th so maybe we'll see some of you at the airport ! Always fun to have a trip to look forward to ! Debbie

Do you want to make dinner reservations at one of the well-decorated resorts? Another choice would be the Wave at Contemporary, then go up to see the fireworks from TTOTWL.

We usually request Congress Park, but if you prefer another section, I will request it too. This time I have nothing requested as yet.

Bobbi, at the moment I'm not booking any ADRs due to finances (hubby will be out of a job next week and this will be our Christmas presents to each other). I am due a work 'bonus' the beginning of October. Hoping it might cover me getting park tickets (as I really LOVE to see the Candlelight Processional and we love MGMs lights).

We've only stayed at SSR once before and we were in Congress Park (I think), it had a somewhat quiet pool and we could walk over to DTD (but that walkway was closed so we walked along the road, in the grass of course, like many others). It was two years ago we stayed there for a week and loved it! I'll try and request that section also but with such an early flight in I typically will take anything that they have available (if possible) to dump our stuff and start our vacation. If we do get park tickets there is no real reason to have an early room as we can drop our bags at bell services and head on out to the park.

I'll pm you my cell and we can touch base. I can't wait to finally meet you! I certainly want to see the fireworks from TOTWL since we've not been there yet!

Ooooh, we had Lelani (sorry if I spelled that wrong) share a neat trick for the fireworks...Mickey Vision glasses. as the fireworks burst, they look like dozens of Mickey icons. It works on regular lights too and any fireworks. She got them online for around $6 each but I saw them as high as $15. I recommend them for some extra fun.

Ooooh, we had Lelani (sorry if I spelled that wrong) share a neat trick for the fireworks...Mickey Vision glasses. as the fireworks burst, they look like dozens of Mickey icons. It works on regular lights too and any fireworks. She got them online for around $6 each but I saw them as high as $15. I recommend them for some extra fun.

I may have the glasses they used to give at DHS for the Osborn lights. You see Angels instead of Mickey's! I will check once our belongings are out of storage!

Pat, I understand about getting the earliest room. I think we will ask for ?Congress Park because now you can walk over to DTD and it's an easy walk. We enjoy Wolfgang Puck express for food. I got your phone number, and sent you Tom's. For sure let's arrange seeing Fireworks. I hope with all my heart that your husband gets something soon.

Oooohhh, I will have to try and see if I can find these, sounds like fun.

I may have the glasses they used to give at DHS for the Osborn lights. You see Angels instead of Mickey's! I will check once our belongings are out of storage!

Pat, I understand about getting the earliest room. I think we will ask for ?Congress Park because now you can walk over to DTD and it's an easy walk. We enjoy Wolfgang Puck express for food. I got your phone number, and sent you Tom's. For sure let's arrange seeing Fireworks. I hope with all my heart that your husband gets something soon.

Bobbi, I got Tom's number in my phone :) I will request Congress Park when we do our online check in. We love Earl of Sandwich and we ate way to many sundaes at Ghirardelli's last time we stayed at SSR.

Bobbi,
I must have missed the answer but what ended up happening with the house?

We are still in limbo about the house. The buyers have until September 24 to have closing. When we get home from Hawaii, our next trip will either be to Ohio, to get our belongings out of storage, or to FL to pick a particular house. Tom and I are in agreement. We want to get on with our lives. Cape May's house is not meant to be our main house. There are things we need that are in storage for a more fulfilling life. However, Cape May was the best place I could ever have picked to recuperate from my double knee replacement.

If it turns out that Ohio is where we wind up, perhaps we can meet you in Ohio some time!

Bobbi

We are still in limbo about the house. The buyers have until September 24 to have closing. When we get home from Hawaii, our next trip will either be to Ohio, to get our belongings out of storage, or to FL to pick a particular house. Tom and I are in agreement. We want to get on with our lives. Cape May's house is not meant to be our main house. There are things we need that are in storage for a more fulfilling life. However, Cape May was the best place I could ever have picked to recuperate from my double knee replacement.

If it turns out that Ohio is where we wind up, perhaps we can meet you in Ohio some time!

Bobbi
Well, as much as we would love to see you two, I really hope it sells. Tom mentioned you were going to start showing it again. Maybe you will have luck there. If it was closer to Toledo, we would definitely consider it.
Tony said if he doesn't find another job before Christmas, we are staying until our daughter graduates. Our middle child will just have finished his freshman year, so that would be another chance to move. I would love to get back on the west side of the Mississippi again. Much different pace of life and more room to spread out.
Crossing my fingers for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter