DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

marron5
dismiss
bobbiwoz
pjstevens
merisland

Bobbi,

Do you want to use one post for keeping a running record of those interested and explain about what it is and I"ll link it to the first post in the entire thread (since most people will read the first few and then go to the end).

Bobbi,

Do you want to use one post for keeping a running record of those interested and explain about what it is and I"ll link it to the first post in the entire thread (since most people will read the first few and then go to the end).

Sure! :goodvibes

Hey Christine!
I think I am the only one who is not on Face Book - but would enjoy chatting with anyone who would like too. Welcome to the Cruise - this will be our 3rd cruise - but first Member Cruise. Our first one was to Alaska - which was Amazing! So want to do that one again. Wish I could have done the Member Cruise to Alaska. We did the Nassau cruise last Thanksgiving Week - but never got to Nassau because of weather - way too much wind. Lucky we did get to Castaway - it did rain off and on but we went anyway! Looking forward to two days on Castaway! Trying to convince DH of doing a before and after trip to WDW. I know I will get a day or two (maybe three) before the cruise - but would really like a couple of days after too. I will have to keep working on that!
I have started working on my Fish Extender gifts. I am that type of person. I started them before I booked the cruise. I am planning out my door magnets this week - trying to figure out what I want to make. The ones I have from our last cruise are all Thanksgiving Themed so I don't want to use them. I am thinking about doing t-shirts - have not made up my mind yet. Have you made any plans yet?

Count us in for the candy exchange. I have a ? about it. Do you give candy for each person or a bag per room.:wave2:

Count us in for the candy exchange. I have a ? about it. Do you give candy for each person or a bag per room.:wave2:
Hi!
It is up to the giver. You will know how many are in each room. We have never gotten fewer than 2 "somethings" when there were 2 in the room. Usually people give an assortment.
Bobbi:)

CE for Member Cruise 2015
marron5
dismiss
bobbiwoz
pjstevens
merisland
ssrcmom

Hey Christine!
I think I am the only one who is not on Face Book - but would enjoy chatting with anyone who would like too. Welcome to the Cruise - this will be our 3rd cruise - but first Member Cruise. Our first one was to Alaska - which was Amazing! So want to do that one again. Wish I could have done the Member Cruise to Alaska. We did the Nassau cruise last Thanksgiving Week - but never got to Nassau because of weather - way too much wind. Lucky we did get to Castaway - it did rain off and on but we went anyway! Looking forward to two days on Castaway! Trying to convince DH of doing a before and after trip to WDW. I know I will get a day or two (maybe three) before the cruise - but would really like a couple of days after too. I will have to keep working on that!
I have started working on my Fish Extender gifts. I am that type of person. I started them before I booked the cruise. I am planning out my door magnets this week - trying to figure out what I want to make. The ones I have from our last cruise are all Thanksgiving Themed so I don't want to use them. I am thinking about doing t-shirts - have not made up my mind yet. Have you made any plans yet?

This year for the MC a friend and I are at WDW 1 night before and 2 nights after the cruise. Next year, we hope to live in FL. DH is retired and I have a summer course to teach that begins this week. After that I will be retired too!

I enjoy sampling candy, and this cruise will mark the 5th CE that I organized, I have participated in one before that.

Perhaps there will be a DisMEeet at WDW the night before the cruise. For the 2013 MC in January, we met at the TOTW lounge. It was fun getting to meet the people we were cruising with, and fun to see them later on the cruise itself. It just seems friendlier when you see familiar faces. This year there's a special Villains event at DHS the night before the cruise, and lots of people are going to that. I don't know how many will be up in the lounge, but my friend and I will be there.

What sort of t-shirts do you do?
Bobbi:goodvibes

Hello, I am new to this board. This will be our first Disney and first member cruise. I am interested in candy exchange and the fish exchange thing. Information needed. Thanks!

Hello, I am new to this board. This will be our first Disney and first member cruise. I am interested in candy exchange and the fish exchange thing. Information needed. Thanks!

Hi!

This will be my 4th MC, DH's 2nd.;)

This is information about a Fish Extender Exchange in general. I am guessing there will be a FE formed here.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2259129&highlight=what+is+a+fish

Candy exchange interest

marron5
dismiss
bobbiwoz
pjstevens
merisland
ssrcmom
johnsdye

By the way, my husband's name is Tom.

Hey Bobbi
Retiring to Florida - How nice! Good for you all! I would be living at Disney and taking all those last minute fill up cruises! I would need a 12 step program to make me stop! How nice for you all! I would love to live in Florida some day.
I have done tons of the Mickey Head tie dye shirts and we have done some for the Food and Wine and birthday trips and Halloween - iron on characters with matching themes. Wish I could sew better so I could make some really cute stuff. I may look into taking a class so I can learn to do it. I just love the stuff some of the people make.

Thanks Bobbi for adding my name to candy list. DH doesn't cruise so I brought my very best friend, Terri. BTW my name is Dianne. Has my name been placed on this FE list also? Thanks again.

Thanks Bobbi for adding my name to candy list. DH doesn't cruise so I brought my very best friend, Terri. BTW my name is Dianne. Has my name been placed on this FE list also? Thanks again.

I am with a good friend for 2014 MC, and was with my sister and cousin for the 2013 January cruise. Tom prefers longer cruises, but he will be with me on this one!:thumbsup2

No, I do not know who is forming the FE groups. Pjstevens would be the one to ask!

Hey Bobbi
Retiring to Florida - How nice! Good for you all! I would be living at Disney and taking all those last minute fill up cruises! I would need a 12 step program to make me stop! How nice for you all! I would love to live in Florida some day.
I have done tons of the Mickey Head tie dye shirts and we have done some for the Food and Wine and birthday trips and Halloween - iron on characters with matching themes. Wish I could sew better so I could make some really cute stuff. I may look into taking a class so I can learn to do it. I just love the stuff some of the people make.

Those things sound pretty cute to me!

DH turns 70 this year, I am just a bit behind him.::yes::

Welcome aboard Dianne and friend Terri.

All signed up - thanks PJStevens! :cool1:
Quick question - will you be doing one big group or breaking it up into small groups or just have no idea at this point and have to feel it out?
Thanks
Lynn

I can answer that question. Typically we agree on a cut off number of participants for a group and if after somebody else wants to join, a second group is than created. We try to keep the groups to a sane number because some people (my wife) are creative and make things. We have had people make clocks, can coozies, packets of games, magnets, picture frames etc.

All signed up - thanks PJStevens! :cool1:
Quick question - will you be doing one big group or breaking it up into small groups or just have no idea at this point and have to feel it out?
Thanks
Lynn

Lynn,

As Dale mentioned we often have a set cut off date for joining (to be determined at a later date); In looking at this years members cruise they broke it down into different groups (adults; families; tweens or teens) so I did that with the sign up. I've been in FE groups as small as 12 and as large as 68 cabins. Much more fun to give to ALL of the cabins but much more manageable to give to the smaller number (and affordable). People can decide if they want to join more than just the one group (thus giving gifts to both groups or all groups) that's entirely up to each person.

Hope this makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter