• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Member Cruise ~ August 24, 2015

Hi -- we'll be sailing with you ... It's me and DH and our three kids. Looking forward to the next 14 months and our second member cruise. We got married on our first member cruise many years ago.

Lovely!:goodvibes

It took 32 redials, but made to an 11b cabin on deck 6. My third Member Cruise. 2007/2008 and now 2015. Woo hoo!!!:cool1:

Hi,
This is Bob and Anna joining you all for our first member cruise. We are at 8628. Took about 2 and half hours to buy in but looking forward to the trip.

Hi! We're Tanya and Duy. We will be traveling with our 3 kids (10, 7, and 20 months at time of travel). It's our first member cruise and 2nd cruise. We were luckily booked by 9am on cat 8B (?).

My DH and three children will be on the cruise, too! We are also booked on August 2014 cruise. Booked our second cruise without trying the first one yet! Bobbiwoz... we are definitely interested in the Candy Exchange on the 2015 cruise, too! Thanks!

Hi -- we'll be sailing with you ... It's me and DH and our three kids. Looking forward to the next 14 months and our second member cruise. We got married on our first member cruise many years ago.

Welcome aboard!!! We had a DFTW on the Wonder for our 25th anniversary!

It took 32 redials, but made to an 11b cabin on deck 6. My third Member Cruise. 2007/2008 and now 2015. Woo hoo!!!:cool1:

I'm jealous! three member cruises!!! We are in an 11B also. Love the magic porthole.

Hi,
This is Bob and Anna joining you all for our first member cruise. We are at 8628. Took about 2 and half hours to buy in but looking forward to the trip.

Hi! We're Tanya and Duy. We will be traveling with our 3 kids (10, 7, and 20 months at time of travel). It's our first member cruise and 2nd cruise. We were luckily booked by 9am on cat 8B (?).

Welcome aboard Tanya & Duy.

My DH and three children will be on the cruise, too! We are also booked on August 2014 cruise. Booked our second cruise without trying the first one yet! Bobbiwoz... we are definitely interested in the Candy Exchange on the 2015 cruise, too! Thanks!

Jealous of this too! We just did Alaska on the Wonder but I'd give anything to be getting ready to get on another cruise, just LOVE IT!

That's great, I will keep an open list of members and mention it every so often on this thread. I will keep the groups around 7-10 participants so no one over loads on sugar! Some join 2 groups.:)

Information on a Candy Exchange:
We use the Fish Extenders to pass along the goodies. Examples of candies from the past have included Salt Water Taffy from the Jersey Shore and from Salt Lake City, Chick o Stix from TX, Hershey assortment from PA, also hard candy treats from England. A family from Nebraska gave these treats:

http://www.1011now.com/video?videoid=2776090&device=phone&device=tablet

If the people in the exchange are interested, I would try to organize a "farewell luncheon". Nothing more than asking the dining room to set aside some seats in the dining room for lunch on the last day.

Bobbi:goodvibes

:banana:
We are booked
ME-Mary Ellen
DH Jay
DD Kayleigh -18
DS Kevin -15
Took almost 2 hours from the time the phone connected until finished
Did not get our first choice but got our second.

See you all there & Yes we are interested in candy exchange, lunch and anything else.
My son is a runner and is looking for some teens to do the Castaway Cay 5K
with

:welcome:
We are booked
ME-Mary Ellen
DH Jay
DD Kayleigh -18
DS Kevin -15

See you all there & Yes we are interested in candy exchange, lunch and anything else.
with

So we have:

marron5
dismiss
bobbiwoz

So far in the CE:wave2:

Since there is no money involved in the luncheon meet, it cannot be booked in advance. I go to guest services on embarkation day, tell them how many are interested. Usually (I have done this on Magic & Wonder) they get back to me to have the group meet outside the dining room ( one is opened for a sit down lunch) 15 minutes before opening and they sit us in an area. This is not guaranteed to be able to do this. The Wonder CM finally got back to me 3-4 days before the last day, it was a 15 night cruise! However, they came through, I know we had a great time eating with our Disboard friends.

What an adventure booking the members' cruise yesterday. 2 hours and 53 stressful minutes! Happy to say that we got category 10A and cabin number 8679. For those of your using points and wondering the value it cost us $2,646 in cash for 2 adults, no transportation and no insurance. This will be our 8th Disney cruise and our first Magic Porthole.

Look forward to meeting you all in August 2015. Craig and Sharon (currently the hills of Seattle WA, by the cruise the hills of Clermont, FL):yay::yay:

First time booking members cruise and I didn't know what to expect. With a little hiccup in the beginning (disconnected and busy signal along with members services being closed message) we booked an 11A cabin on deck 8. I heard being in middle of the ship you feel less movement. Traveling will be myself(Sue) and hubby Glenn. Looking forward to an exciting time!!:cool1:

First time booking members cruise and I didn't know what to expect. With a little hiccup in the beginning (disconnected and busy signal along with members services being closed message) we booked an 11A cabin on deck 8. I heard being in middle of the ship you feel less movement. Traveling will be myself(Sue) and hubby Glenn. Looking forward to an exciting time!!:cool1:

My friend and I have an 11 on Deck 8 for this year. I think you are right about the middle of the ship, it's my friend's first cruise...I think it's going to be great!:)

SMITH2615 we are Bobbi & Tom, from Ohio now, but by cruise time, hoping to be from Solivita (development) Polk County FL!

If the people in the exchange are interested, I would try to organize a "farewell luncheon". Nothing more than asking the dining room to set aside some seats in the dining room for lunch on the last day.

Love the candy idea and the farewell lunch Bobbi! We were in OC Jersey today and picked up some salt water taffy's for my in-laws.

We are booked
ME-Mary Ellen
DH Jay
DD Kayleigh -18
DS Kevin -15

with

Welcome aboard!!

What an adventure booking the members' cruise yesterday. 2 hours and 53 stressful minutes! Happy to say that we got category 10A and cabin number 8679. For those of your using points and wondering the value it cost us $2,646 in cash for 2 adults, no transportation and no insurance. This will be our 8th Disney cruise and our first Magic Porthole.

Look forward to meeting you all in August 2015. Craig and Sharon (currently the hills of Seattle WA, by the cruise the hills of Clermont, FL):yay::yay:

Welcome aboard.

Love the candy idea and the farewell lunch Bobbi! We were in OC Jersey today and picked up some salt water taffy's for my in-laws.

We left Cape May for Ohio after a 3 week stay. My mom, 94, lives there.

Should I include you in the open list for the CE?

We left Cape May for Ohio after a 3 week stay. My mom, 94, lives there.

Should I include you in the open list for the CE?

Sure Bobbi, add us and we'll figure out what we'll find from Delaware (we may go for the beach taffys).

That's great, I will keep an open list of members and mention it every so often on this thread. I will keep the groups around 7-10 participants so no one over loads on sugar! Some join 2 groups.:) Information on a Candy Exchange: We use the Fish Extenders to pass along the goodies. Examples of candies from the past have included Salt Water Taffy from the Jersey Shore and from Salt Lake City, Chick o Stix from TX, Hershey assortment from PA, also hard candy treats from England. A family from Nebraska gave these treats: http://www.1011now.com/video?videoid=2776090&device=phone&device=tablet If the people in the exchange are interested, I would try to organize a "farewell luncheon". Nothing more than asking the dining room to set aside some seats in the dining room for lunch on the last day. Bobbi:goodvibes

Hey everyone!!

Our first member cruise here too!! Fourth dcl cruise!! It will be me, DH and 3 kids on deck 7 with a verandah!!! Took 4 hours to get through yesterday and an hour to book!! We kept getting a message saying they were closed for the holiday! I'd love to do fish extenders!! And the candy and meet up!! I just asked to join the fb group!

Hey everyone!!

Our first member cruise here too!! Fourth dcl cruise!! It will be me, DH and 3 kids on deck 7 with a verandah!!! Took 4 hours to get through yesterday and an hour to book!! We kept getting a message saying they were closed for the holiday! I'd love to do fish extenders!! And the candy and meet up!! I just asked to join the fb group!

Welcome aboard!!!!

Hey there everyone. Christine from Pittsburgh here. We booked an 11a on Deck 10 for our 1st Members Cruise and 1st Disney cruise. Soooooo excited yet so far away. Just wanted to drop in and say HI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter