Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the wifi? Is it good enough to stream Netflix if I bring my Chromecast?

It really seems to vary throughout the resort (any resort for that matter). I've heard people say it was good and bad at Pop. We've had pretty good luck with wifi at Pop (though it's been a few years since our last stay there). My son and his wife stayed at Pop last summer and they had no problem streaming Netflix a few nights during their stay. They were in the 70's building 6. FWIW, my daughter brought her Chromecast along last summer when we stayed at AoA and she had no trouble streaming things at various times during our stay.

We checked in to new room Sunday. Couldn't get into our room. Dh went to front desk to have magic bands fixed. All ended up being corrected except mine. They sent a cm to our room to update everyone's band again. We requested no maid service in exchange $15 per day credit. Thought it was $20 but i didnt say anything as i think thats still a nice deal. Paid for our meal last night at the wave, which was excellent by the way. The new rooms are sleek and clean but once the murphy is down there is no floor space. We thought we might be able to get an air mattress in there but no way. While the design is cool its not so good for us (mom, dad, 2 teens). Ds wanted to sleep on air mattress so dd could have one bed and dh and i have a bed. But now he is sharing with dh and they are 2 tall guys. The rain shower is great. Has several settings. Can hear neighbors which made it hard to sleep. Bed comfy though. Linens clean. Building 9 great spot to buses and foodcourt. Im sitting on the foodcourt now enjoying coffee so sorry for the choppy post. Any questions i will try to pop back here.
Thanks for your review! Could you hear neighbours because they were loud or because of new room?

How is the wifi? Is it good enough to stream Netflix if I bring my Chromecast?
I think wifi depends on room location in relation to where hub is. This is the case at all resorts. I've had multiple stays at POR, and I've had good to terrible wifi. Our last room there I had to go out of my room and down the walkway some times to get a signal! Depending on time of day.

We have a connecting door and you can hear everything said through it while sitting on the bed across from it. Cant hear anything on the wall side/opposite side. The sliding door from bedroom to bathroom is very loud on the track when you open it. I can even hear that in the nect room. Thought i would like that door but i prefer the quiet curtain.

We checked in to new room Sunday. Couldn't get into our room. Dh went to front desk to have magic bands fixed. All ended up being corrected except mine. They sent a cm to our room to update everyone's band again. We requested no maid service in exchange $15 per day credit. Thought it was $20 but i didnt say anything as i think thats still a nice deal. Paid for our meal last night at the wave, which was excellent by the way. The new rooms are sleek and clean but once the murphy is down there is no floor space. We thought we might be able to get an air mattress in there but no way. While the design is cool its not so good for us (mom, dad, 2 teens). Ds wanted to sleep on air mattress so dd could have one bed and dh and i have a bed. But now he is sharing with dh and they are 2 tall guys. The rain shower is great. Has several settings. Can hear neighbors which made it hard to sleep. Bed comfy though. Linens clean. Building 9 great spot to buses and foodcourt. Im sitting on the foodcourt now enjoying coffee so sorry for the choppy post. Any questions i will try to pop back here.
What size was your air mattress? We've got a standard twin that we're wondering will work.

What size was your air mattress? We've got a standard twin that we're wondering will work.
Standard twin. $20 from Target. Its only 10 inched tall. Guessing 6 feet long as my teen son fits on it. Theres no way unless you shove the sleeper under the bed . Lol!

This no maid service, is this something new and is it at all resorts? How do you request it? Our room is always very neat and don't need to have maid service.

I know that Pop looks at FAXes too because last year I had a conflict between my online check-in and what I requested via FAX using Touring Plans. I received a call at home from a Pop representative confirming my requests so that they could put me in the room type of my choice. Great service!
I use faxes too, but don't pay touring plans to do it. I do them on my own and my last 4 trips, I got the EXACT room I had requested via the fax I sent, including my trip last week at Pop.

Sorry to bring this back up (please let's not restart the debate)....Any more reports from those currently there or just back on the housekeeping opt-out? We are considering this if offered, would almost pay for our table service gratuities for the week, which would be cool.
We got the opt out offer and got a $90 gift card for our 7 nights. Emptied our trash A few times and got towels too. We are not slobs and I don't make my bed up perfect at home every night either, so it worked out well. I'd do it again.

How is the noise on lower levels? We've stayed at Pop once on the fourth floor of a 70s building. This time we will most likely be further away, not doing preferred. I use an ECV and the time waiting for the elevator, trying to get in and out with other guests who don't move aside, or having to wait for a less full elevator group was slightly annoying. Thinking of requesting a first floor this time? There are 1-2 nights we want our kids to be in bed around 8pm. Where would you request to stay? Are there any other downsides other than noise to a first floor room?

Does pop century have a bellman that could bring groceries that are delivered up to the room?
Yes,the Values "version" of Bell Services is called "Luggage Assistance" and they can bring your grocery order to your room.:)

I'm not sure if luggage services will delivers groceries but I do know if your order contains alcohol you will need to go and claim it, presenting proof of age.

How does "trash removal" and "used towel removal" and new towel pickup "work" with the new Housekeeping opt out?

Thanks.:)

We left empty bags of trash outside our door and when clean towels were delivered, I just left the old ones outside our room in the bag that the new ones came in. We hung up our towels to dry after showers on the "clothes line" in the shower and on the 3 hooks on the back of the bathroom door.

I travel a lot for my job and unless I am staying at a place longer than 3 nights, I will very rarely have any services done to my room. I'd prefer that my room stay shut while I was gone.

what fax number did you use? thanks!
Here is a copy of the fax I sent. I have been using a variation of this for the past 7 years on my trips and it has worked every time. The fax number to POP is at the bottom. For this trip, I was assigned room # 3468

Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Manager
Thursday, July 20th, 2017 (I send about 3-4 days prior to my arrival)
Resort Reservation Confirmation# XXXXXXX

Hello and good day to you and your staff!

On July 24, my Family and I will be spending our bi-annual vacation in Walt Disney World at your Pop Century Resort. We are all looking forward to this trip from July 24-31, with much excitement. I have also paid extra for a “Preferred View” room. We would be most grateful if you could possibly send a little Pixie Dust our way and accommodate a room request for The 50’s building #3 on an upper floor, maybe either Rooms 3468, 3469 on the 4th floor or 1468 or 1469 in the 50’s building #1. We really like the 3468 room. The reason I have this request is that my wife and I are celebrating our 21th wedding anniversary and we spent our honeymoon at Disney where we stayed at this resort! We have always wanted an upper floor in this area, and we never seem to get lucky enough to have one to enjoy with our two children. So it would be very magical for our family to receive this pixie dusted surprise upon arrival. It would be the most magical experience to achieve that one time after all of our trips. We will be arriving at your resort in just under 5 days, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more enjoyable and magical.

• Building requested 50’s #3 or #1, Rooms 3468, 3469, 1468, or 1469.
• Paid for Preferred Room
• Must be Fourth Floor please. We are very sensitive sleepers and would be easily woken by passing traffic or people above us.

Sincerely,

Your Name
Home Address:
Home Phone:XXX-XXX-XXX and Cell Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Email:

Fax# (407) 938-4040

We left empty bags of trash outside our door and when clean towels were delivered, I just left the old ones outside our room in the bag that the new ones came in. We hung up our towels to dry after showers on the "clothes line" in the shower and on the 3 hooks on the back of the bathroom door.

I travel a lot for my job and unless I am staying at a place longer than 3 nights, I will very rarely have any services done to my room. I'd prefer that my room stay shut while I was gone.
Awesome-did you have to "order" new towels or do they put them on the door "automatically"?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter