Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at Pop in early September. Is it better to try and request a refurbished room even though they are farther away from the buses and main hall. Is it a super far walk to the buses from these rooms? Or is it better to try and get closer. I assume the unfurbished rooms that are closer like 50's and 60's are still nice, they just don't have the coffee makers and refrigerates and larger beds?

We stayed in the 60s in May, and we liked the room just fine and it was a great location. In June we had one night at the Pop (we arrived late and just needed a place to sleep) - we had called and requested a refurbished room (this was about a week after they finished 90s) and got one. We loved the room, but the location wasn't ideal. DH walked to the food court to get a bottle of wine and he said it was a pretty long walk. Looking at the map though it looks like you could cut across that parking lot to get to the buses a little quicker (?).

Actually if you research their history you will see that they were supposed to be sister hotels. Pop was the late part of the era and where AoA was it was supposed to be the earlier half, up to the 50's. If you look at an areal view you will see where the mermaid suits are the roof is a different color because those were actually completed before the crash. They completed the rest much later and decided to go into a different direction.

I am fully aware of this and actually have pictures of Art of Animation taken after 911 when they stopped the construction on 'The Early Years' section.

That being said, they are now 2 separate resorts (no longer 'sister resorts') and swimming in pools not at the resort you're staying at is not allowed between Pop and Art of Animation. This was the question that was asked so what I responded to, not a history lesson of Pop and AoA.

I am fully aware of this and actually have pictures of Art of Animation taken after 911 when they stopped the construction on 'The Early Years' section.

That being said, they are now 2 separate resorts (no longer 'sister resorts') and swimming in pools not at the resort you're staying at is not allowed between Pop and Art of Animation. This was the question that was asked so what I responded to, not a history lesson of Pop and AoA.
I'm sorry, if you were upset about my response. I meant no offense, but some people are not aware that they were meant to be sister resorts. Just thought I would toss out a piece of history of the resorts.

I will be staying at pop for 3 days in October, 18-21, will the 70's be done??
There's no way to know at this point in time. They just reopened one bldg. in the 80's this week, are still working on the other and have not moved onto the next building yet. It's just conjecture that they will continue to work backward through the decades.

There's no way to know at this point in time. They just reopened one bldg. in the 80's this week, are still working on the other and have not moved onto the next building yet. It's just conjecture that they will continue to work backward through the decades.
Someone said they spoke with a construcion manager or something similar who told them the order so, only slightly better then conjecture lol ;)

They do allow pool toys and have items for kids to use. Most people bring their own.

Do you by any chance know if they sell noodles?

We love the mesh seats for the noodles & would bring the seat but would rather buy noodles there...

Hi! New to Pop here and could use some advice. We land on the 9th at 1:00pm, have a Preferred Room and I've already checked in, will have a grocery delivery and an Owners Locker waiting which will need to be delivered to the room, and will then head to HS. Our first FP is 4:15pm - 5:15pm, which means we have a 4 hour window for all that, assuming the flight is on time. Between DME and park buses, am I pushing it? If so, what would be the earliest "safe" window for FPs?

Thanks for any advice. We're really excited about our upcoming stay!!! :flower3:
You should have plenty of time. Enjoy!!!

Does it seem that most people on this board that have requested a refurbished room has gotten one? My wife and I are planning an anniversary trip in mid November and Pop still has a good deal going, but my 6'2" self needs a queen bed. :)
We checked in Tuesday and had requested a refurbished room. We did not get one. You should have better luck getting one though seeing as how you are not going until mid November. Good luck and Happy Anniversary!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter