Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the noise on lower levels? We've stayed at Pop once on the fourth floor of a 70s building. This time we will most likely be further away, not doing preferred. I use an ECV and the time waiting for the elevator, trying to get in and out with other guests who don't move aside, or having to wait for a less full elevator group was slightly annoying. Thinking of requesting a first floor this time? There are 1-2 nights we want our kids to be in bed around 8pm. Where would you request to stay? Are there any other downsides other than noise to a first floor room?

We had a room on the first floor - which is not my preference but I took it since I wanted a refurbished room. We didn't notice any noise from above us or on either side. Maybe we had nice neighbors. :) We did not have a connecting room which I'm sure helped and I travel with a sound machine to sleep at night too. We were on the 'back side' of the '90s building, so opposite side of the computer pool.

Does anyone know how much of the 90's parking lot is blocked up to hold construction equipment? Is it still somewhat easy to find a spot in this lot?

Here is a copy of the fax I sent. I have been using a variation of this for the past 7 years on my trips and it has worked every time. The fax number to POP is at the bottom. For this trip, I was assigned room # 3468

Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Manager
Thursday, July 20th, 2017 (I send about 3-4 days prior to my arrival)
Resort Reservation Confirmation# XXXXXXX

Hello and good day to you and your staff!

On July 24, my Family and I will be spending our bi-annual vacation in Walt Disney World at your Pop Century Resort. We are all looking forward to this trip from July 24-31, with much excitement. I have also paid extra for a “Preferred View” room. We would be most grateful if you could possibly send a little Pixie Dust our way and accommodate a room request for The 50’s building #3 on an upper floor, maybe either Rooms 3468, 3469 on the 4th floor or 1468 or 1469 in the 50’s building #1. We really like the 3468 room. The reason I have this request is that my wife and I are celebrating our 21th wedding anniversary and we spent our honeymoon at Disney where we stayed at this resort! We have always wanted an upper floor in this area, and we never seem to get lucky enough to have one to enjoy with our two children. So it would be very magical for our family to receive this pixie dusted surprise upon arrival. It would be the most magical experience to achieve that one time after all of our trips. We will be arriving at your resort in just under 5 days, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more enjoyable and magical.

• Building requested 50’s #3 or #1, Rooms 3468, 3469, 1468, or 1469.
• Paid for Preferred Room
• Must be Fourth Floor please. We are very sensitive sleepers and would be easily woken by passing traffic or people above us.

Sincerely,

Your Name
Home Address:
Home Phone:XXX-XXX-XXX and Cell Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Email:

Fax# (407) 938-4040
Awesome! Thanks!!'

We had a room on the first floor - which is not my preference but I took it since I wanted a refurbished room. We didn't notice any noise from above us or on either side. Maybe we had nice neighbors. :) We did not have a connecting room which I'm sure helped and I travel with a sound machine to sleep at night too. We were on the 'back side' of the '90s building, so opposite side of the computer pool.
We prefer first floor as we are the loud ones!!!! I'd rather deal with noise from above than always have to yell at my kids to stop running, jumping or remind myself not to stomp like an elepfant!

Concerning the maid service op-out. Isthere still a way to get daily shampoos, soaps etc. ???we collect these over our stay. Ask for extras and take home with us. I could care less about our beds being made etc. but Inwant my products!!! Also we might only consider if we get a nre room with no carpet. I dont want to know what a carpeted room looks like without any vaccuning after many days. With laminate I could run a damp used towel to quickly "clean" the floor up.

I used the online check-in and selected '90s section as I knew that the only refurbished section complete. I did not also call and add the request - maybe that would've helped?
It might have helped, but I think it's just all chance anyways. We have always had our requests met at Pop so far. I do a "triple threat" to hopefully increase my odds by doing a phoned request on my reservation, online checkin request, and faxed request. I normally fax my own, but I'm letting touring plans do it this year since I pay for the service anyways.

We had to ask for them, but it was just a phone call to the front desk.
Thanks!:)

For the trash,did you "notify" the Front Desk or did you just place it outside the door and a CM would see it and get it at some point?

Also,did you bring extra trash bags from home or would they bring you some bags on request like with the towels?

Last edited:
Thanks!:)

For the trash,did you "notify" the Front Desk or did you just place it outside the door and a CM would see it and get it at some point?

Also,did you bring extra trash bags from home or would they bring you some bags on request like with the towels?
We leave it outside when we see housekeeping.

When did you receive your gift card? Really interested in doing this come November.

We received our gift card right at check in and it was activated and ready to use. I had about $1100 in gift cards already that were geared towards all our meals for the week, so we saved the $90 for the gift shop and I ended up getting a few more pricier items to bring home from the Disney Art shop at Disney Springs. So, yes they got this $90 right back, but I was going to spend that money anyway.

I've read in a few places the Mousekeeping opt out is only until the end of August. Can anyone confirm this?

We received our gift card right at check in and it was activated and ready to use. I had about $1100 in gift cards already that were geared towards all our meals for the week, so we saved the $90 for the gift shop and I ended up getting a few more pricier items to bring home from the Disney Art shop at Disney Springs. So, yes they got this $90 right back, but I was going to spend that money anyway.

Perfect!!

We prefer first floor as we are the loud ones!!!! I'd rather deal with noise from above than always have to yell at my kids to stop running, jumping or remind myself not to stomp like an elepfant!

This is. Agreat point! Actually we are from NYC on the top floor and my kids do have to be quiet maybe I should do first floor to let them go wild! They sell earplugs for me in the gift shop right?

Here is a copy of the fax I sent. I have been using a variation of this for the past 7 years on my trips and it has worked every time. The fax number to POP is at the bottom. For this trip, I was assigned room # 3468

Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Attn: Room Assignment Manager
Thursday, July 20th, 2017 (I send about 3-4 days prior to my arrival)
Resort Reservation Confirmation# XXXXXXX

Hello and good day to you and your staff!

On July 24, my Family and I will be spending our bi-annual vacation in Walt Disney World at your Pop Century Resort. We are all looking forward to this trip from July 24-31, with much excitement. I have also paid extra for a “Preferred View” room. We would be most grateful if you could possibly send a little Pixie Dust our way and accommodate a room request for The 50’s building #3 on an upper floor, maybe either Rooms 3468, 3469 on the 4th floor or 1468 or 1469 in the 50’s building #1. We really like the 3468 room. The reason I have this request is that my wife and I are celebrating our 21th wedding anniversary and we spent our honeymoon at Disney where we stayed at this resort! We have always wanted an upper floor in this area, and we never seem to get lucky enough to have one to enjoy with our two children. So it would be very magical for our family to receive this pixie dusted surprise upon arrival. It would be the most magical experience to achieve that one time after all of our trips. We will be arriving at your resort in just under 5 days, and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide in making our wonderful vacation more enjoyable and magical.

• Building requested 50’s #3 or #1, Rooms 3468, 3469, 1468, or 1469.
• Paid for Preferred Room
• Must be Fourth Floor please. We are very sensitive sleepers and would be easily woken by passing traffic or people above us.

Sincerely,

Your Name
Home Address:
Home Phone:XXX-XXX-XXX and Cell Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Email:

Fax# (407) 938-4040

Thanks for this. I am trying to decide if I want to fax my own letter or use touring plans. i feel like writing my own personalized request would get better results and this template helps ALOT!
I'll have to report back and let you know how it goes.

Stayed this week ...

What size was your air mattress? We've got a standard twin that we're wondering will work.

Standard twin. $20 from Target. Its only 10 inched tall. Guessing 6 feet long as my teen son fits on it. Theres no way unless you shove the sleeper under the bed . Lol!

Yeah, both DS2 and I were trying to figure out if workable but really don't think so. At best you put at end of real bed with part of it in bathroom .... and still not sure it's wide enough without part of it under the bed. I think they have really put a dent in that practice, maybe in hopes you book up to bigger rooms. Overall I'd say it felt like a big cruise cabin with how tight all the space is now.

Does anyone know how much of the 90's parking lot is blocked up to hold construction equipment? Is it still somewhat easy to find a spot in this lot?

Not as much as I expected, maybe 20% of it closest to road. It is fenced in. They were rolling cabinets and supplies on dollies through lot.

Thanks for this. I am trying to decide if I want to fax my own letter or use touring plans. i feel like writing my own personalized request would get better results and this template helps ALOT!
I'll have to report back and let you know how it goes.

The Touring Plans fax form has a space for you to add comments so you can convey any information you need to that's not covered in the form part of the fax.

FWIW, several years ago there was a former room assignor CM on the boards (I think it was here...but it might have been a different site). They said that when faxing room requests you should keep it simple and to the point. They said that people would send these long poem or "cutesy" style faxes for room requests and it would take so long to sort through all the "fluff" in the message to find the actual request that they (most room assignors, not just the poster) would just toss those faxes aside and move to the next one. They said they have dozens of room requests to go through while assigning rooms on any given day and don't really have the time to read a 3 paragraph request "story" when a simple 2 or 3 sentences could convey the same information.

I have used Touring Plans to fax my request 5 times. Each time I've received the exact room I wanted or was within 2 rooms to the left or right.

Disney seems to try to honour the TP faxes and knows how to quickly read them due to their uniformity so I'm going to stick with them again this trip.

I agree. We've had good success with TP. If I was faxing on my own, I'd use a simple, straightforward format like theirs. But it's so easy to use theirs that I'll just stick with them for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter