Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We checked in Tuesday and had requested a refurbished room. We did not get one. You should have better luck getting one though seeing as how you are not going until mid November. Good luck and Happy Anniversary!!!!

Thanks! Bummer you didn't get a refurbished room but I hope you had/are having a great trip!

Thanks! We had a blast! I am returning Sept. 30 with my mother and hoping to get a refurbished room then. Maybe my luck will change. ;)

We just got home from our trip and didn't get our request for a refurbished room - which I noticed by the room number when I got the message our room was ready. So on our way in I stopped at the front desk and asked if any were available (there were not for that night), but they moved us the next morning. So definitely ask if you don't mind moving!

We checked in Tuesday and had requested a refurbished room. We did not get one. You should have better luck getting one though seeing as how you are not going until mid November. Good luck and Happy Anniversary!!!!
Sorry you didn't get a refurbished room! How had you done your room requests? Did you use fax?

We just got home from our trip and didn't get our request for a refurbished room - which I noticed by the room number when I got the message our room was ready. So on our way in I stopped at the front desk and asked if any were available (there were not for that night), but they moved us the next morning. So definitely ask if you don't mind moving!
That's a great tip! If you don't mind, how did you place your room request? Did you fax your room request? Thanks!

Sorry to bring this back up (please let's not restart the debate)....Any more reports from those currently there or just back on the housekeeping opt-out? We are considering this if offered, would almost pay for our table service gratuities for the week, which would be cool.

We checked in to new room Sunday. Couldn't get into our room. Dh went to front desk to have magic bands fixed. All ended up being corrected except mine. They sent a cm to our room to update everyone's band again. We requested no maid service in exchange $15 per day credit. Thought it was $20 but i didnt say anything as i think thats still a nice deal. Paid for our meal last night at the wave, which was excellent by the way. The new rooms are sleek and clean but once the murphy is down there is no floor space. We thought we might be able to get an air mattress in there but no way. While the design is cool its not so good for us (mom, dad, 2 teens). Ds wanted to sleep on air mattress so dd could have one bed and dh and i have a bed. But now he is sharing with dh and they are 2 tall guys. The rain shower is great. Has several settings. Can hear neighbors which made it hard to sleep. Bed comfy though. Linens clean. Building 9 great spot to buses and foodcourt. Im sitting on the foodcourt now enjoying coffee so sorry for the choppy post. Any questions i will try to pop back here.

We checked in to new room Sunday. Couldn't get into our room. Dh went to front desk to have magic bands fixed. All ended up being corrected except mine. They sent a cm to our room to update everyone's band again. We requested no maid service in exchange $15 per day credit. Thought it was $20 but i didnt say anything as i think thats still a nice deal. Paid for our meal last night at the wave, which was excellent by the way. The new rooms are sleek and clean but once the murphy is down there is no floor space. We thought we might be able to get an air mattress in there but no way. While the design is cool its not so good for us (mom, dad, 2 teens). Ds wanted to sleep on air mattress so dd could have one bed and dh and i have a bed. But now he is sharing with dh and they are 2 tall guys. The rain shower is great. Has several settings. Can hear neighbors which made it hard to sleep. Bed comfy though. Linens clean. Building 9 great spot to buses and foodcourt. Im sitting on the foodcourt now enjoying coffee so sorry for the choppy post. Any questions i will try to pop back here.

Thanks for the update! So the credit is $15 per day, not per night correct? Enjoy your coffee :-)

Thinking about booking a really mini (and I mean mini) two night stay at Pop in January. Can anyone give me a brief rundown on this refurb? Will it be done by January? How intrusive is it for guests? What do the refurbished rooms look like? I'm sooooo out of the Disney loop!

There seems to be no intrusion to guests for refurb. There are trailers of matresses in the 90s parking lot and beams are being put up for the skyway.

We did wash this morning. $3 for 30 min wash and $3 for 60 min dryer. Only takes credit cards.

Waiting for a castmember to come fix our safe. It wont open and my car keys are in there. :/

Thinking about booking a really mini (and I mean mini) two night stay at Pop in January. Can anyone give me a brief rundown on this refurb? Will it be done by January? How intrusive is it for guests? What do the refurbished rooms look like? I'm sooooo out of the Disney loop!

There is a post about the Pop Century refurb on the Disney Resorts board. I think you'll get all the answers you're looking for there plus lots of pictures and details about the Pop room refurbishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter