Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to animal kingdom tomorrow and thinking we should be at the bus stop at 7:30 to get there for opening. Is this good??

We are going to animal kingdom tomorrow and thinking we should be at the bus stop at 7:30 to get there for opening. Is this good??
If you want to do FoP at rope drop I read report of people going in at 8:30 for a 9 AM opening. I would not chance it if I didnt have a fastpass I would take the 7 AM bus

Since when are ALL disney property guests slobs.....oh wait I read about and argued with some of them on the closed thread about this. Ones that apparently don't pick up after their kids anyway and expect housekeeping to pick up everything after them.
I'm sorry, but we are 2 adults that clean up after ourselves, don't leave trash and crumbs and dirty diapers lying around and don't NEED someone making our bed or changing sheets everyday. We are capable of doing that on our own.
As always, if they are so concerned about hours and tips being cut and can't make ends meet with their money, then they need to change jobs/companies. And I see that to ANYONE complaining about money and their job.

Are you able to get clean sheets if you opt out of housekeeping?

Are you able to get clean sheets if you opt out of housekeeping?

I am betting if you go ask the front desk they will give you some. Or will direct where to get some.

We will only be there a week, so no biggie sleeping on the same sheets to us.

We are at the POP now in a remodeled room (beautiful) AND I was happy to find a coffee maker❤️in our room.
The coffee maker is one with the soft mesh pods, right? I find it hard to find them in stores. I'd still rather have a coffee maker!

Edit: And if you opt out of mouse cleaning, does that mean no coffee refills? :coffee:

Last edited:
Hi! Are there any refurbished rooms in the 80's or 70's buildings at Pop? I know the 90's are already refurbished. Going in late August to Pop. Thx.

My sis-in-law just txted they did a scavenger hunt at POP, looked like a map and you find the icons then get a little prize, they picked yo-yos. Anyone know when this started as I don't remember seeing it before?

I've never heard of this, but I know my son would love to on our non-park day! He is a huge treasure hunting fan! Thanks!

My sis-in-law just txted they did a scavenger hunt at POP, looked like a map and you find the icons then get a little prize, they picked yo-yos. Anyone know when this started as I don't remember seeing it before?
Did they do it on a Friday-it is part of Flashback Fridays,but they could be expanding it to other days.

I find it amusing that Disney is using an old "drug term"-"FLASHBACKS"(see LSD) for their Friday promotion!lol:)

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/PopCalendar.pdf

No, this is considered pool hopping and it is not allowed. The 2 resorts are joined by a bridge but they are not formally linked in any way so guests at each resort may only swim in their own pools.
Actually if you research their history you will see that they were supposed to be sister hotels. Pop was the late part of the era and where AoA was it was supposed to be the earlier half, up to the 50's. If you look at an areal view you will see where the mermaid suits are the roof is a different color because those were actually completed before the crash. They completed the rest much later and decided to go into a different direction.

Hi! New to Pop here and could use some advice. We land on the 9th at 1:00pm, have a Preferred Room and I've already checked in, will have a grocery delivery and an Owners Locker waiting which will need to be delivered to the room, and will then head to HS. Our first FP is 4:15pm - 5:15pm, which means we have a 4 hour window for all that, assuming the flight is on time. Between DME and park buses, am I pushing it? If so, what would be the earliest "safe" window for FPs?

Thanks for any advice. We're really excited about our upcoming stay!!! :flower3:

Last edited:
Does it seem that most people on this board that have requested a refurbished room has gotten one? My wife and I are planning an anniversary trip in mid November and Pop still has a good deal going, but my 6'2" self needs a queen bed. :)

Does it seem that most people on this board that have requested a refurbished room has gotten one? My wife and I are planning an anniversary trip in mid November and Pop still has a good deal going, but my 6'2" self needs a queen bed. :)
I requested a refurbished room for my July trip through Touring Plans fax service and did not get my request. They did upgrade me to a preferred room in the 70's section, room 6111, which was an awesome location, so I wasn't too upset about not getting my request. At that time, only the 90's building was done, so by November you should have a much better chance as more buildings will be done by then.

We are staying at Pop in early September. Is it better to try and request a refurbished room even though they are farther away from the buses and main hall. Is it a super far walk to the buses from these rooms? Or is it better to try and get closer. I assume the unfurbished rooms that are closer like 50's and 60's are still nice, they just don't have the coffee makers and refrigerates and larger beds?

We are staying at Pop in early September. Is it better to try and request a refurbished room even though they are farther away from the buses and main hall. Is it a super far walk to the buses from these rooms? Or is it better to try and get closer. I assume the unfurbished rooms that are closer like 50's and 60's are still nice, they just don't have the coffee makers and refrigerates and larger beds?
I stayed in the 70s, very close to Classic Hall, in March and I thought the unrefurbished room I was in was great. It all depends on your priorities. POP is not a huge resort, so if you can walk an extra 5 minutes or probably even less to the bus or Classic Hall, and want a refurbed room, no big deal. If every minute counts, the unrefurbed room is perfectly fine. For me, I prefer a room as close as possible to the buses/lobby (knee acts up sometimes), so I paid for a Preferred Room and it was worth it to me.

No coffee :worried:, no queen beds, but old rooms do have fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter