Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Personally, I would wait to see if the 70's are done by the time you go. If so, I would call and have them change your room requests to "70's lake view upper floor". Then you KNOW you'll get a refurbished room with the possibility of it being a 70's lakeview on an upper floor. You can hold out until 4-5 days out to do this.
Thanks. Yes I was going to wait to be sure 70's are open!

Just to clarify...you'd think I'd know this!! But, I always have requests attached to my res, but when I do the online check in I repeat same request. And if staying at POR fax too. As far as I know, that's the only resort that actually looks at faxes.

So far we have on res request new room, upper floor. Because I really don't want ground floor. I'm watching this thread to see if 70's will be ready by our trip in late Nov. if it is I'd really prefer a lake view in 70's. Would it be bad to put 70's in the online check in form IF they are open? Or just add it to my res request and not put any request in the online check in. I doubt new room will be one of the options lol!
I think we have to remember that again these are just suggestions of what we like. I know the time before last my brother was complaining becasue we didn't get anything we wanted on our request. But they made up for it last time with the perfect room.

Just changed our reservation today from April of 2018 to October of 2018 for a couple of reasons:
(1) Toy Story Land - YES, so excited to hear it will be open this summer and did not want too miss it.
(2) All Pop rooms will be refurbished, so I don't have to wonder if I will get one since we love the 50's section.

Sad to have to wait longer, but believe it will be worth the wait.

I read through a few pages here hoping to find information about the remodels. Does anyone know which buildings are done? Also, we got a preferred room, did we over pay because we could have just paid for a standard? What exactly is the difference?

I was hoping to stay in one of the remodeled rooms, but also want to be close to transportation. We are checking in August 25, 2017. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

90's is the only building open at this time. 80's should be opening any day now.

If you want a preferred room, there will not be any completed prior to your trip. The first preferred rooms that will be completed are the 70's and it appears those are still a long ways from completion at this time.

If you wish to be close to transportation you may wish to keep your preferred room although it would not be a refurbished room.

90's is the only building open at this time. 80's should be opening any day now.

If you want a preferred room, there will not be any completed prior to your trip. The first preferred rooms that will be completed are the 70's and it appears those are still a long ways from completion at this time.

If you wish to be close to transportation you may wish to keep your preferred room although it would not be a refurbished room.

Thank you so much. Maybe next time, I do like Pop Century so I'll likely stay there again on a future trip as long as we are a family of 4.

What am I getting for paying for a preferred room? Is it to make sure I am in the 60s building? I'm pretty sure I can't change that now because it was part of free dining, but just want to be aware of what it means. Do you have any suggestions for the best recommendations so I can be closer to the front of the building?

We stayed there last November and got a standard room. We did get a room in the 60's, but not sure if that was a mistake or not.

The preferred rooms are the ones closest to the Classic Hall and also to the transportation (although some 90's and 80's rooms are closer if you cut through the parking lot.)

To be honest, I'm not sure what determines a 'preferred room.' I tend to prefer the standard ones as they're often a similar distance from things and personally I'd much prefer to look at the lake (even with construction) over looking at another building. 2 years ago my brother and I were on the same floor of the same building. We were standard and his family were preferred. Step for step we were a bit closer to the main building as we were closer to the elevator.

The 60's building has many standard rooms so it was not a mistake if you looked at the lake. That's normally our favourite place to request! We're changing things up this year and requesting a standard room in the 80's to get a refurbished room but will be excited to return to the 60's next year!

Last edited:
Thank you so much. Maybe next time, I do like Pop Century so I'll likely stay there again on a future trip as long as we are a family of 4.

What am I getting for paying for a preferred room? Is it to make sure I am in the 60s building? I'm pretty sure I can't change that now because it was part of free dining, but just want to be aware of what it means. Do you have any suggestions for the best recommendations so I can be closer to the front of the building?

We stayed there last November and got a standard room. We did get a room in the 60's, but not sure if that was a mistake or not.

There are standard rooms in all buildings and preferred rooms in 50's, 60's and 70's. Many of the preferred rooms are closer to the main building, but there are also some standard rooms with excellent locations as well that are actually closer to the main building then preferred rooms.

Question... can Pop Century Guests swim at the Art of Animation pool? I didn't know if they were considered "sister" resorts because of the bridge between the two.

Question... can Pop Century Guests swim at the Art of Animation pool? I didn't know if they were considered "sister" resorts because of the bridge between the two.

No, this is considered pool hopping and it is not allowed. The 2 resorts are joined by a bridge but they are not formally linked in any way so guests at each resort may only swim in their own pools.

My sis-in-law just txted they did a scavenger hunt at POP, looked like a map and you find the icons then get a little prize, they picked yo-yos. Anyone know when this started as I don't remember seeing it before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter