Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the email last night and did it right away. GC came instantly but then I'm having trouble adding it to my Starbucks account. I keep getting a pop up that says "too many requests" and it won't add the card to my account. Still getting the error this morning so I might just have to go in store and use it to reload my gold card
Do you use the phone app? I clicked through the email on my phone and it had an add to app button... I just clicked, and it opened the app on my phone and prefilled the gift card number.

Has anyone around the Denver area tried Best Buy gift cards for Disney cards? We have a $25 card from last Christmas, and I might take it in and give it a shot before I try the big deal, since we don't really need anything from BB right now (except Disney gift cards for my AMEX offers :))

Do you use the phone app? I clicked through the email on my phone and it had an add to app button... I just clicked, and it opened the app on my phone and prefilled the gift card number.
yup. I've tried clicking through the add to app button in the email, it auto fills but when I click add I get the error. I've also tried entering the numbers manually into the app and get the same error. Not a huge deal to do it in store. They are on just about every corner and in every grocery store here in the seattle area but frustrating nonetheless

For the Best Buy deal it says per customer has anyone tried more than 3 per household? Wondering if I can do 3 and DH can do 3

Should be good, I didn't seen anywhere on the site that restricted it to a household. So both hubby and I did it in June with no problems. Even used the same member's reward account (since it's just hubby's) to earn points with no issues.

For the Best Buy deal it says per customer has anyone tried more than 3 per household? Wondering if I can do 3 and DH can do 3

Should be good, I didn't seen anywhere on the site that restricted it to a household. So both hubby and I did it in June with no problems. Even used the same member's reward account (since it's just hubby's) to earn points with no issues.

Same here. When I take advantage of these deals, I always use my info and my wife's to double dip. Haven't had any problems.

I forgot to mention, when buying the Best Buy eGift cards through CashStar, there should be a field where you can enter your My Best Buy membership number and earn points towards Best Buy reward certificates, which can also be used toward third-party (including Disney) gift cards.

Not Disney, but since Starbucks is all over Disney parks (and everywhere else)...

When you buy a $10+ Starbucks eGift card using Visa Checkout, you get a $10 bonus (for a total of $20 Starbucks eGift card): https://starbucks-promotion.cashstar.com

This promotion is limited to the first 225,000 people, so HURRY. It's still working as of this posting.

The bonus is reflected at checkout (no waiting a day or more to receive the bonus), and I received a $20 Starbucks eGift card almost immediately after submitting my order.

Good luck!
AWESOME!! Thanks for posting. Just got ours :tigger::mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

Has anyone around the Denver area tried Best Buy gift cards for Disney cards? We have a $25 card from last Christmas, and I might take it in and give it a shot before I try the big deal, since we don't really need anything from BB right now (except Disney gift cards for my AMEX offers :))
Littleton BB on Wadsworth was very friendly about it a few month ago. We went in and bought $500 worth and used three printed out cards. Pleseant exchange with the supervisor about the ability to save on the vacation with buying best buy online.

I have to go check out my local bb...... should I buy a tiny gc to try it out? also have any of you successfully used the Walmart chasepay deal for gc? I'm curious about portal extras etc. (Thinking for dis gc at sams)

Regarding portals . . . they paid out for me initially when ordering relatively small dollar amounts at Sams online. Then they stopped working. This was during the quarter in which warehouse clubs were one of Discover's 5% categories. Going back to my notes, I tried Discover Deals, Yazing, and Giving Assistant. I seem to recall others reporting that portals weren't paying out. Might be worth another try though.

And speaking of Walmart, there is an apparent Amex offer out for $20 back on a $100 online grocery purchase. I didn't have it but figured I would mention it. No clue if you could add a gift card to your order or not. Something tells me not, but that might be worth a try too if you have the offer.

I posted this question over on the Swan/Dolphin thread but figure this group might know the answer as well . . .

Since Discover's 5% category this quarter is restaurants (and my cash back gets doubled during the first year), I thought I might purchase a gift card from Blue Zoo now for use in December. I'm assuming it would code as a restaurant versus lodging, but I'm not sure since Blue Zoo is located inside the Dolphin hotel. Anyone know for sure? Initially, I thought I would just charge to our room and pay with my SPG card, but I think 10% cash back is better.

I forgot to mention, when buying the Best Buy eGift cards through CashStar, there should be a field where you can enter your My Best Buy membership number and earn points towards Best Buy reward certificates, which can also be used toward third-party (including Disney) gift cards.

Yep, it's at the bottom of the checkout page, just ignore where it says you earn "1 point for every $1". You earn points based on your rewards level. So regular myBestBuy level is half a point per $1, Elite is 1 to 1, and Elite Plus 1.25 pts per $1. (wording must be left over from before the program change) Since you only need a min of 250 pts to get a cert ($5) seems worth it.

And speaking of Walmart, there is an apparent Amex offer out for $20 back on a $100 online grocery purchase. I didn't have it but figured I would mention it. No clue if you could add a gift card to your order or not. Something tells me not, but that might be worth a try too if you have the offer.

I did get this one on AmEx but I'm not sure if you can turn it into a gift card. The description stated it was for https://grocery.walmart.com/ which seems separate from the regular walmart site. I only looked at it for a few minutes but offhand the categories available don't seem like gift cards would be included and it's an order pickup service so a location has to participate. Like they're trying to act like a separate grocery store so I don't think you could combine a grocery purchase and a purchase from the main site together in one order. Not sure about this one for gift cards, but a good find if you grocery shop at walmart anyway and then move that $20 bucks from the grocery budget to the disney budget :)

The Kroger 4x fuel points coupon expires tomorrow, just a reminder for anybody like me who has put off buying. I'm hoping there won't be any problems using it tomorrow because although it says exp August 16, usually their new sales week begins on Wednesdays. Hopefully that doesn't mess up the deal.

Welp BJ's cancelled my family member's order at the different address. I'm calling it quits with online ordering from them. My takeaway from this ridiculous saga with BJs is: DON'T BUY DISNEY GIFT CARDS FROM BJS WITH VISA VANILLA GIFT CARDS. I believe that is why I got shut down, and honestly, I'd avoid using pre-paid debit cards period because as someone earlier reported they had a similar, but less extreme, issue when they used a pre-paid mastercard.

On the off chance everyone isn't sick of my saga and someone is wondering how it ends: I'm buying Disney gift cards from best buy online. No discount, but this money is specifically earmarked for my trips and I don't want any issues at Disneyland with these vanilla visa cards not being accepted. I'm trying Best Buy first because Disney Store online is SO slow! (I ordered a gift card from them that supposedly shipped 8/5, still don't have it...)

Not Disney, but since Starbucks is all over Disney parks (and everywhere else)...

When you buy a $10+ Starbucks eGift card using Visa Checkout, you get a $10 bonus (for a total of $20 Starbucks eGift card): https://starbucks-promotion.cashstar.com

This promotion is limited to the first 225,000 people, so HURRY. It's still working as of this posting.

The bonus is reflected at checkout (no waiting a day or more to receive the bonus), and I received a $20 Starbucks eGift card almost immediately after submitting my order.

Good luck!

THANK YOU!

I have an AMEX with an offer for $30 back on a $300 Best Buy purchase. It excludes e-gift cards and corporate gift cards. Would this mean I can or cannot buy a Best Buy physical gift card and later use it to buy a Disney gift card in the store? I am not sure what they mean buy corp gift cards. I could just go to the store and buy a Disney there, but I am not sure I have time to get to the store before the offer expires.

Thanks!

I did get this one on AmEx but I'm not sure if you can turn it into a gift card. The description stated it was for https://grocery.walmart.com/ which seems separate from the regular walmart site. I only looked at it for a few minutes but offhand the categories available don't seem like gift cards would be included and it's an order pickup service so a location has to participate. Like they're trying to act like a separate grocery store so I don't think you could combine a grocery purchase and a purchase from the main site together in one order. Not sure about this one for gift cards, but a good find if you grocery shop at walmart anyway and then move that $20 bucks from the grocery budget to the disney budget :)

That's my plan :)

I have an AMEX with an offer for $30 back on a $300 Best Buy purchase. It excludes e-gift cards and corporate gift cards. Would this mean I can or cannot buy a Best Buy physical gift card and later use it to buy a Disney gift card in the store? I am not sure what they mean buy corp gift cards. I could just go to the store and buy a Disney there, but I am not sure I have time to get to the store before the offer expires.

Thanks!

Yes! You can order physical Best Buy gift cards online, then use them in store to redeem for Disney gift cards, and qualify for the Amex Offer statement credit. I did this, received a confirmation email that I used my offer and received the credit just fine. I also happened to have another Amex Offer that earns an additional MR point for purchases on BestBuy .com so I was able to double dip on the two offers, get a $30 statement credit and an extra 300 MR points on each of my Amex cards.

The exclusionary language about eGift cards is probably because BestBuy .com processes eGift cards through CashStar, so the transaction would post from CashStar and not Best Buy, and thus would not qualify for the offer. Corporate gift cards refer to gift cards that are discounted as part of corporate benefits or incentive programs. You're not buying corporate gift cards when paying face value for physical Best Buy gift cards.

I was nervous to try disney so I bought Best Buy and got the coupon. If anyone tries Disney, please report back! Normally I'd just do it on my BCP and get the 6% to test it, but I'm working on the minimum spend on my CSR right now so don't want to put spending anywhere else.

I didn't try Disney, but I did try Lowe's & no luck. Best Buy seems to be the way to go.

Yes! You can order physical Best Buy gift cards online, then use them in store to redeem for Disney gift cards, and qualify for the Amex Offer statement credit. I did this, received a confirmation email that I used my offer and received the credit just fine. I also happened to have another Amex Offer that earns an additional MR point for purchases on BestBuy .com so I was able to double dip on the two offers, get a $30 statement credit and an extra 300 MR points on each of my Amex cards.

The exclusionary language about eGift cards is probably because BestBuy .com processes eGift cards through CashStar, so the transaction would post from CashStar and not Best Buy, and thus would not qualify for the offer. Corporate gift cards refer to gift cards that are discounted as part of corporate benefits or incentive programs. You're not buying corporate gift cards when paying face value for physical Best Buy gift cards.
On more question, can you pay for the Best Buy e-gift cards (the buy $150 get $15) offer with a physical card? I know that is totally pushing it, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter