Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the flyer, Best Buy is definitely one. Not sure about buying Disney GCs directly, however. The flyer said it most definitely did not apply to MC/Visa/Amex and S&S GCs.

View attachment 261737

I was nervous to try disney so I bought Best Buy and got the coupon. If anyone tries Disney, please report back! Normally I'd just do it on my BCP and get the 6% to test it, but I'm working on the minimum spend on my CSR right now so don't want to put spending anywhere else.

You can always open a savings account (I like Capital One 360) and have money automatically deducted from your paycheck into the account. I like doing that because you don't "see" the money leaving you. Plus, you'll earn some interest too! Then, before your trip, you can convert that into a Disney GC Buying one at BJs at a discount will make your money go a little further (you don't need a membership to purchase online).
That's what I would do. Save up your money until you can take advantage of one of the special offers like the recent Best Buy one. This thread is about saving money when you buy gift cards not just acquiring them.

I orderd a small order at WM on the 11th, got most of my stuff, charge still pending on act page...WTH?:confused3 I can't see if I got the 10x bonus,and I won't buy more without knowing for sure it worked.... it's up to $250 each card that's enrolled on Chase pay,right? I still haven't pulled the trigger on my Amex/BB gc thingy yet..... I haven't even checked if the one nearest me does gc-gc......

Yes - $250 in purchases (not $250 cash back). Frustrated with this deal. Apparently you can't use Chase Pay if you have both business accounts and personal under the same login.

It's not a great deal, but if you buy Musselman's apple sauce anyway, they have the gift card promo available again. 20 UPCs from certain single serve products gets you a $10 gift card with Best Buy being one of the options.

http://musselmans.com/offers-promos/school-gift-card/

They've also got coupons on the site too. If you really LOVE your applesauce the bad news is it's limited to 50 requests per household :P

New Best Buy eGift Card Deal: https://bestbuy-m.cashstar.com/buy/
  • Buy $150 Best Buy e-gift card and get a free $15 Best Buy promotional code.
  • Valid 8/13/17-8/26/17 online only.
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 9/5/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 9/5/17-9/18/17.
  • Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
  • Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
  • Savings code may be redeemed online and in store.
  • Not valid if order is canceled.

Did anyone have problems purchasing Disney GC's with the Best Buy GC's?

Also, are the Disney GC's allowed to be any amount? In other words did people purchase a $165 Disney GC?

I orderd a small order at WM on the 11th, got most of my stuff, charge still pending on act page...WTH?:confused3 I can't see if I got the 10x bonus,and I won't buy more without knowing for sure it worked.... it's up to $250 each card that's enrolled on Chase pay,right? I still haven't pulled the trigger on my Amex/BB gc thingy yet..... I haven't even checked if the one nearest me does gc-gc......

Walmart is odd that way. With the AmEx offer a couple weeks ago I bought a gift card and some small items shipped to store. Well I picked up the ship to store items but I didn't get charged for them until the whole order completed, like a week later. But they still came as separate transactions on my card, just on the same day! I haven't seen any other store do that.

It's not a great deal, but if you buy Musselman's apple sauce anyway, they have the gift card promo available again. 20 UPCs from certain single serve products gets you a $10 gift card with Best Buy being one of the options.

http://musselmans.com/offers-promos/school-gift-card/

They've also got coupons on the site too. If you really LOVE your applesauce the bad news is it's limited to 50 requests per household :P
I really love my applesauce, the problem with this is the little cups aren't enough! I'd have to eat two a day :)

Also, are the Disney GC's allowed to be any amount? In other words did people purchase a $165 Disney GC?

I didn't have any problems, but I think there's a small percentage here that have individual stores deny GC - GC purchase. The system allows it with no problems.

BB should have a variable load Disney GC up to $500. So you can get a $165 GC. That's what most people do, it seems.

I didn't have any problems, but I think there's a small percentage here that have individual stores deny GC - GC purchase. The system allows it with no problems.

BB should have a variable load Disney GC up to $500. So you can get a $165 GC. That's what most people do, it seems.
Yes, that's what I do. I purchase a Disney card with the initial gift card purchase plus the bonus gift card(s).

• $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 9/5/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 9/5/17-9/18/17.
  • Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.

Thank you for this! I assume everything is still good with Best Buy about buying a Disney GC with Best Buy GC?

Your best bet is to redeem these in store. Best Buy's in store POS system accepts its gift cards as a form of payment for third-party gift cards like Disney, but not open loop gift cards like Visa/Amex prepaid cards. Some stores, cashiers or managers may give you trouble and claim it's not allowed at all (even though it's fine for Disney) so YMMV.

A lot people have problems using Best Buy gift cards to order third-party gift cards online, as those orders tend to get cancelled automatically because the site will say it can't verify your information for whatever reason.

Most Best Buy stores sell Disney gift cards in fixed $25 and $50 denominations and a variable load card that you can put any amount on from $25-500. Remember to use either Shopkick or Ibotta when you check out for additional points back towards more free gift cards.

Promotional codes look and act just like gift cards, but promo codes expire and gift cards don't. So be aware of the expiration date since it looks like the promo code will arrive via email about 2 weeks after the promotion ends.

One more thing, if you have a Chase Ink Preferred, use it to earn 3x UR points because these gift cards are processed through CashStar which codes as internet services or utilities. Chase Ink+ and Ink Cash may earn 5x UR, but I don't have any personal data points.

[ETA] When buying the Best Buy eGift cards through CashStar, there should be a field where you can enter your My Best Buy membership number and earn points towards reward certificates, which can also be used toward third-party (including Disney) gift cards.

Last edited:
After being effectively blocked (all orders cancelled) by BJs ordering online my phone order was successful, item shipped today. A fam member made an account and tried an order yesterday (different name and payment method but same address, although I did buy for her before on my account with that payment method a month ago) and they were cancelled as well. I called in to do an order in person with my Visa gift card purchased through the Walmart deal and they were unable to complete it. The farthest expiry their computers allow for phone orders on a payment card is 2025 and my gift cards have a 2026 date. Dangit. I'm trying another family member at a different address, but I've had BJs ship things to this address as well so I'm not hopeful. I suspect I'll just have to give up the extra $20 in savings and grab some Disney gift cards from Disney...

Anyone know if this offer will work with the Amex Best Buy offer? I'm unsure since this is associated with cashstar.

After being effectively blocked (all orders cancelled) by BJs ordering online my phone order was successful, item shipped today. A fam member made an account and tried an order yesterday (different name and payment method but same address, although I did buy for her before on my account with that payment method a month ago) and they were cancelled as well. I called in to do an order in person with my Visa gift card purchased through the Walmart deal and they were unable to complete it. The farthest expiry their computers allow for phone orders on a payment card is 2025 and my gift cards have a 2026 date. Dangit. I'm trying another family member at a different address, but I've had BJs ship things to this address as well so I'm not hopeful. I suspect I'll just have to give up the extra $20 in savings and grab some Disney gift cards from Disney...

Instead of trying to pay with your Visa gift cards, can you simply pay with a regular credit card and use your Visa gift cards for something else? Or will it take you too long to spend the Visa gift cards?

Instead of trying to pay with your Visa gift cards, can you simply pay with a regular credit card and use your Visa gift cards for something else? Or will it take you too long to spend the Visa gift cards?
Originally I was trying to use a new credit card. My fam member attempted to use her everyday credit card that she'd used before. Both cancelled. Didn't even try my VGCs until today (actually, I did use 1 VGC on the account successfully a week or 2 ago, but I ran into trouble starting with my next purchase which I tried to use my credit card on). It looks like the online system flagged all payment methods I'd previously used on the account and whatever I tried to use on the account. The VGCs are a pain for me to use elsewhere, I have the worst luck trying to make them work places, so I want to convert them to DGC before my trip. I may have found success with the family member's new account & new address. It's been 2 hours- not cancelled, previously always cancelled within 1 hour! (Upside to the VGC- I could assign the new address as the billing address so it's not hooked to me at all!)

This is good idea but I'm not convinced it's because they are VGCs. I could totally be wrong though. Just so frustrating!!

Originally I was trying to use a new credit card. My fam member attempted to use her everyday credit card that she'd used before. Both cancelled. Didn't even try my VGCs until today (actually, I did use 1 VGC on the account successfully a week or 2 ago, but I ran into trouble starting with my next purchase which I tried to use my credit card on). It looks like the online system flagged all payment methods I'd previously used on the account and whatever I tried to use on the account. The VGCs are a pain for me to use elsewhere, I have the worst luck trying to make them work places, so I want to convert them to DGC before my trip. I may have found success with the family member's new account & new address. It's been 2 hours- not cancelled, previously always cancelled within 1 hour! (Upside to the VGC- I could assign the new address as the billing address so it's not hooked to me at all!)

I know it won't save you money, but I've used VGC with no issues on Disneystore dot com.
I've also loaded the card # onto Paypal and when using Paypal to check out, select that particular card (it defaults to your main form of payment, so you have to make sure to change it). I had to do that with a virtual MC for Disneystore dot com for some reason.

Oh yeah - forgot you were trying to use a new Chase card. What a pain in the neck! I haven't had issues using Visa gift cards if I register them first. However, I had a huge issue using the Vanilla variety once - so much so that I will never buy one again. I was scarred for life from that experience! Good luck!

Thanks OP!!! It's what I've been waiting for :D

WOW a max of 3?! AWESOME!!!!

I didn't have any issues and none were reported at least not here. I've been on top of this thread since Father's Day.

The main issues have been with:
Bed Bath & Beyond - Some can & some cannot, very YMMV
Walmart - E-gift cards being cancelled but physical plastic gift cards were no issue.
and @gottalovepluto having issues with BJ's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!