Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone posted....RiteAid has Best Buy gift cards. Buy $50 get $8 in plenti points. Limit 2 offers. I've purchased many Disney gift cards using Best Buy cards both online and in store.

FYI - In June 2017 the $50 gave you $10 this current offer only gives you $8. Thanks for posting!
Best Scenario:
  • Get $8 in Plenti points with $50 in Best Buy or Children’s Place gift card purchase at Rite Aid; limit 2
  • Get $5 in Plenti points with $25 Red Lobster gift card purchase at Rite Aid; limit 2
You can do more than one offer per checkout. For example, you can buy a single $100 denomination Best Buy card + a $50 denomination Red Lobster gift card and get $26 Plenti in a single transaction.

FYI - In June 2017 the $50 gave you $10 this current offer only gives you $8. Thanks for posting!
Best Scenario:
  • Get $8 in Plenti points with $50 in Best Buy or Children’s Place gift card purchase at Rite Aid; limit 2
  • Get $5 in Plenti points with $25 Red Lobster gift card purchase at Rite Aid; limit 2
You can do more than one offer per checkout. For example, you can buy a single $100 denomination Best Buy card + a $50 denomination Red Lobster gift card and get $26 Plenti in a single transaction.

So what can you get with the Plenti points? We signed up when Rite Aid switched over but we don't really shop many of the other Plenti partners and we barely shop at Rite Aid (so little that I just realized our prescriptions count for the Wellness+ plus but don't give us Plenti points so we don't even have enough to redeem...) But just noticed you can earn points from Hulu so trying to figure out how to turn that into a Disney or other travel GC. Can you use the points in Rite Aid (or other partner) on a transaction that includes a gift card?

New Best Buy eGift Card Deal: https://bestbuy-m.cashstar.com/buy/
  • Buy $150 Best Buy e-gift card and get a free $15 Best Buy promotional code.
  • Valid 8/13/17-8/26/17 online only.
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 9/5/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 9/5/17-9/18/17.
  • Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
  • Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
  • Savings code may be redeemed online and in store.
  • Not valid if order is canceled.

Thanks for posting this! Basically equivalent to 10% off a $450 Disney gift card once converted and you receive the savings codes. For anyone who has done one of these before, do the savings codes come with any conditions (like $15 off a purchase of $X dollars or more) or is it simply $15 to use at Best Buy? And, can you use the savings codes to buy another $45 Disney gift card?
Thanks for the info.

Thanks for posting this! Basically equivalent to 10% off a $450 Disney gift card once converted and you receive the savings codes. For anyone who has done one of these before, do the savings codes come with any conditions (like $15 off a purchase of $X dollars or more) or is it simply $15 to use at Best Buy? And, can you use the savings codes to buy another $45 Disney gift card?
Thanks for the info.

No conditions, it gets treated like a gift card (but it's called a 'savings code' because it has an expiration date) and yes you can buy a $45 Disney gift card with just the savings codes. Or the variable load DGC's go up to $500 max, so you can pool the gift cards and savings codes together to buy a $495 DGC (if you have the patience :) ). Hubby and I did the offer in June and I pooled $60 in savings codes plus a $20 BB rewards certificate to buy a $80 DGC.

So what can you get with the Plenti points? We signed up when Rite Aid switched over but we don't really shop many of the other Plenti partners and we barely shop at Rite Aid (so little that I just realized our prescriptions count for the Wellness+ plus but don't give us Plenti points so we don't even have enough to redeem...) But just noticed you can earn points from Hulu so trying to figure out how to turn that into a Disney or other travel GC. Can you use the points in Rite Aid (or other partner) on a transaction that includes a gift card?

I use it to pay my AT&T bill or get free stuff when I shop at Rite Aid or Macy's. You should take a look at the partners page:
https://www.plenti.com/partners

And check out coupon mom for Rite Aid deals: http://www.couponmom.com/

In earnest I haven't purchased name brand toothpaste, toothbrushes, hand soap and hair care products because I follow this site.

Thanks for the info.

The savings codes arrive via email on the date specified in the terms. You click on the email link to retrieve the savings code. The savings codes are functionally the same as eGift cards except they have an expiration date. The savings codes come with a barcode, code number and pin, just like an eGift card. Present the savings code to the cashier like you would an eGift card, have him/her scan the barcode and type in the pin; the register will deduct the amount of the code from your total. Before I go into a store, I actually pull up every one of the eGift card and savings code links on my iPhone, take screenshots of each of them saved to my Photo album, so I can flick through screenshots of all my eGift cards and codes and present them easily at checkout. There are no spend conditions. You can absolutely use the savings codes to buy another $45 Disney gift card. But, like I and others have mentioned, you may occasionally encounter a cashier or manager who gives you a hard time. Good luck!

Thanks for the info.

I had $355 and purchased a loadable Disney GC.

No conditions, it gets treated like a gift card (but it's called a 'savings code' because it has an expiration date) and yes you can buy a $45 Disney gift card with just the savings codes. Or the variable load DGC's go up to $500 max, so you can pool the gift cards and savings codes together to buy a $495 DGC (if you have the patience :) ). Hubby and I did the offer in June and I pooled $60 in savings codes plus a $20 BB rewards certificate to buy a $80 DGC.

The savings codes arrive via email on the date specified in the terms. You click on the email link to retrieve the savings code. The savings codes are functionally the same as eGift cards except they have an expiration date. The savings codes come with a barcode, code number and pin, just like an eGift card. Present the savings code to the cashier like you would an eGift card, have him/her scan the barcode and type in the pin; the register will deduct the amount of the code from your total. Before I go into a store, I actually pull up every one of the eGift card and savings code links on my iPhone, take screenshots of each of them saved to my Photo album, so I can flick through screenshots of all my eGift cards and codes and present them easily at checkout. There are no spend conditions. You can absolutely use the savings codes to buy another $45 Disney gift card. But, like I and others have mentioned, you may occasionally encounter a cashier or manager who gives you a hard time. Good luck!

I had $355 and purchased a loadable Disney GC.

Thanks for the quick replies - I'm still new to all of the different options for saving money with the various gift card conversion methods. But grateful that they are out there, especially with the dwindling availability of actual discounted rooms available when Disney finally announces the discounts (there were literally none available when they announced the week we're planning 12/2-12/9 later this year). So we're happy to have these options available to us. I'll do a little research and extra work for the discounts.

I use it to pay my AT&T bill or get free stuff when I shop at Rite Aid or Macy's. You should take a look at the partners page:
https://www.plenti.com/partners

And check out coupon mom for Rite Aid deals: http://www.couponmom.com/

In earnest I haven't purchased name brand toothpaste, toothbrushes, hand soap and hair care products because I follow this site.

Thanks, I did check the partners page and while they have added a few to the network it's still places we don't really frequent. I got excited when I looked at our Hulu account and saw you could link it but turns out you can only earn not redeem at Hulu. So was wondering if it was worth the effort to earn points if all I'm doing is getting free stuff from Rite Aid. We don't have many Exxon stations near us so it's not very convenient to use for gas.

Not that there's anything wrong with free stuff, but we're still using some of the free stuff we got with the wellness program so I'd have to check out if there's anything we could get that we actually need with the little bit of points we'd earn from Hulu (looks like max of $10 ATM if you're a new Hulu customer, $8 for existing).

Thanks, this is good to know. I did the max of $450 and converted them to a Disney gift card today because I didn't want the egift cards sitting in my email for so long before the savings codes arrived. I also used the Shopkicks app in store for the first time. When the savings codes arrive I'll go back to get a $45 gift card.

I have to go check out my local bb...... should I buy a tiny gc to try it out? also have any of you successfully used the Walmart chasepay deal for gc? I'm curious about portal extras etc. (Thinking for dis gc at sams)

Not Disney, but since Starbucks is all over Disney parks (and everywhere else)...

When you buy a $10+ Starbucks eGift card using Visa Checkout, you get a $10 bonus (for a total of $20 Starbucks eGift card): https://starbucks-promotion.cashstar.com

This promotion is limited to the first 225,000 people, so HURRY. It's still working as of this posting.

The bonus is reflected at checkout (no waiting a day or more to receive the bonus), and I received a $20 Starbucks eGift card almost immediately after submitting my order.

Good luck!

Not Disney, but since Starbucks is all over Disney parks (and everywhere else)...

When you buy a $10+ Starbucks eGift card using Visa Checkout, you get a $10 bonus (for a total of $20 Starbucks eGift card): https://starbucks-promotion.cashstar.com

This promotion is limited to the first 225,000 people, so HURRY. It's still working as of this posting.

The bonus is reflected at checkout (no waiting a day or more to receive the bonus), and I received a $20 Starbucks eGift card almost immediately after submitting my order.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for posting that!

Follow up:
I ordered more BB&B gift cards with Discover Rewards, $100 this time. Went back to the same BB&B I had success at before and was TURNED DOWN. I spoke to the manager and he repeatedly informed me it was illegal to buy gc with gc. The whole think was beyond annoying but the end result is BB&B is very YMMV.
I will try to few other stores I have access to and maybe try to by some other items too, to make it less noticible.
Used my BB&B GC this weekend. Was visiting family about an hour away in PA so I thought I'd try there. We also bought some other items and the cashier didn't even flinch when I paid with all GCs.

About a hour ago I received an email from the District Customer Service Manager at BB&B, apologizing and asking me to give him a call so we can resolve this gift card issue. When I called he apologized again and confirmed that you can purchase gift cards with BB&B gift cards. The only ones you can't purchase are the open loop cards, i.e. Visa, MasterCard, AMEX. He said they used to not allow any GC to GC transactions, but the policy changed a couple of years ago.

He said he had been in contact with the store manager about this. He also wanted to know if the associate actually said "money laundering" and I confirmed that she did. He chuckled in disbelief and said sometimes their associates get over zealous. He said he wanted to make it right and if I was willing to give them another chance he would call whichever store I preferred to let them know I was coming in. The Tanasbourne store is really close, so I told him I could go in right away.

At the store, I handed my BB&B gift cards to the cashier and she hesitated before telling me that she didn't think I could buy a GC with GC. I politely asked her if she would mind checking with a manager. She called for the MOD. While we waited, the cashier at the next register looked over and asked my cashier if there was a problem. My cashier explained what I was trying to do and the other cashier very emphatically told her that they don't allow it. At that moment the manager walked up and said that it's fine. He said to both cashiers that buying Disney gift cards is fine, it's the Visa and MasterCard gift cards that aren't allowed. I made sure to thank him. The cashier finished my transaction and we chatted about Disney briefly.

I didn't see my nemesis, the pregnant lady. i'm hoping word gets around to all the associates so that this isn't a problem in the future. I don't plan to do this regularly, but it's a nice way to use my Discover rewards.
WOW, so annoying that all the stores/cashiers don't seem to know this. I'd want to rub it in the accusing cashiers face, but I'd be a bigger person than that (maybe).

Wow, I wish I could give this post more likes! You really went above and beyond to prove your point, and I'm so glad you've been vindicated!

BB&B $100 eGCs often sell for $90 on eBay/PPDG, which earns 3x UR when paying with CIP and 5x UR when paying with CIC/Ink+ credit cards, so there's a deal to be had if you can trade it in for a Disney GC. (But for the same discount, BBY eGCs seem to be more of a sure thing.)

I've been looking into the BB&B situation, and it seems a fair amount of people who comment on SD, Reddit, DoC, FM know that BB&B allows GC>GC but keep it on the down low. With all the reports in just this thread about uninformed cashiers shutting us down, I'm scratching my head how these people even get their transactions through. It almost doesn't seem worth the hassle. One tip I read was to use the eGC to order a physical BB&B GC (free shipping) on the website and then use the physical GC in stores. I haven't tried this personally, but I suppose it could work. It would add a few days to the flip, but I wonder if it would make the in-store transaction easier if you can just swipe the physical card at the terminal.

@Eighty8Keys, were you using an eGC?
I had physical GC also. That is what Discover carries.

Good luck!
Awesome, thanks! This worked for both mine and my wife's Disney card. Same CC account, different Visa Checkout accounts! Only difference was the name on the card. :)

Good luck!
I got the email last night and did it right away. GC came instantly but then I'm having trouble adding it to my Starbucks account. I keep getting a pop up that says "too many requests" and it won't add the card to my account. Still getting the error this morning so I might just have to go in store and use it to reload my gold card

We've been doing $25 Disney GC's from a local grocery store. With each purchase, we get 4x the fuel points, which gives us gas discounts. Probably not the highest amount of discounts/rewards for GC's, but it very useful in the summer when gas tends to hit the highest price of the year. (And if we buy the GC's on the weekend, that's an extra 2x fuel points...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter