Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has a Hyatt Chase credit card, there is an offer for $20 back on a $50 purchase at Whole Foods. My Whole Foods sell Best Buy gift cards. You must register for the offer prior to making your purchase. Unfortunately, it is limited to one offer per card.

Thank you for this! I've been having a hard time finding out if WF sells third part gc. The closest to me is about 20 min via freeway if I go early enough on the weekend. Worth it for a gc so I'll go in a couple of weeks.

My local Best Buy is closing this fall. :( I have used them for Disney gift cards, secret shop income and Shopkick payouts.
I live in a semi-rural area so more importantly than my little Disney savings schemes, it's a loss to our community.

My local Best Buy is closing this fall. :( I have used them for Disney gift cards, secret shop income and Shopkick payouts.
I live in a semi-rural area so more importantly than my little Disney savings schemes, it's a loss to our community.

Oh, I didn't know they were closing down stores. Sorry to hear this. What would be the closest one to you?

Thank you for this! I've been having a hard time finding out if WF sells third part gc. The closest to me is about 20 min via freeway if I go early enough on the weekend. Worth it for a gc so I'll go in a couple of weeks.
I recommend calling first, mine is out of the way too, but worth it now that I know for sure that they have them. Don't forget to register for the offer first.

I have a question. We're close to paying off our trip for next May. I talked it over with DH after looking at how much we had in rapidrewards and we agreed to add a couple of days to our stay and fly instead of drive. We'll have enough for at least 1 free ticket, but it's been forever since we've flown and it's never been with Southwest. I was looking at payout options for our rewards with our Discover card and noticed Gamestop listed. Does anyone know can you still get Southwest cards with Gamestop cards? I know the ebay option died out awhile ago, but I'm trying to find ways I can start funding our flight.
I'm not sure about that, but keep in mind that you can only use 3 forms of payment to pay for Southwest flights. I ran into the same issue not long ago when I used gift cards to help pay for my family's trip. I could've used more CC points to get Southwest cards, but I couldn't use any more forms of payment. $600+ change in flights, so I used 2 $200 gift cards and paid the remainder on my CC.

So we tried to purchase a second round of Best Buy e-gift cards under my wife's name, since it seemed as though that was OK as a separate customer. The transaction went through, but the cards were never emailed throughout the day. There was a screen we found to input the email to check on the order, and we see that the cards showed a status of "return". Everything had her name on them with the exception of the three $15 bonus cards that come later - I'm wondering if my name got on those cards from the use of my credit card (using it for the cash back feature we have for additional savings) or from inputting my Best Buy rewards number. If it's the rewards number I'll try again without using that. It's just odd that we received no email at all saying that the order was canceled, we had to go find out that the cards were "returned".

For those that have done the Best Buy e-gift card offer, were the cards delivered fairly quickly after you purchased them?

I'm not sure about that, but keep in mind that you can only use 3 forms of payment to pay for Southwest flights. I ran into the same issue not long ago when I used gift cards to help pay for my family's trip. I could've used more CC points to get Southwest cards, but I couldn't use any more forms of payment. $600+ change in flights, so I used 2 $200 gift cards and paid the remainder on my CC.
You can, however, break your purchases into multiple transactions. Instead of buying 4 tickets at a time, buy two sets of 2. That way you can maximize your use of gift cards.

The Walmart 10x using chase pay turns out pretty good when combined with Sam's club purchases. Not quite as good as the Amex offer of $250 on a $1250 Sam's Club purchase last year, but still worth the effort if anyone is on the fence. The catch is that it depends on how you value chase points. If you redeem them routinely for 1 cent per point, then it's not so good. I value them around 1.7 cents.

So, I was eligible on 3 cards. Using each offer for a $250 walmart gift card, that's $750 in gift cards. Using $715 of the Walmart gift cards on the 3-packs of disney cards at Sam's nets $750 in disney gift cards, plus a $35 walmart gift card left over. Effectively, it's $715 for $750 in disney gift cards, plus 10x on the $715 in spend is 7150 points. I value 7150 points at around $121.55. So, $750 in gift cards for about $573.45, taking into account the points. That's almost 20 percent off, which is what I aim for. That's a little misleading, because the $35 in savings is not in cash, but in a left over walmart gift card, but that's almost as good as cash to me, so close enough.
thanks for the breakdown..... I don;t know why I'm having hard time wrapping my mind around this one...it's so simple!

I'm kind of bummed I can't take advantage of the BB deal. Our trip is next week so when the rewards certs come I don't know what I'd do with them. We don't have another Disney trip in the works so I wouldn't want to get DGC. I'm sure we'll need something from BB for a Christmas present or something but I just can't think of anything that we will need to buy 9/5-9/18. Maybe I'm just bummed because this means I don't have another Disney trip to plan.
I went ahead and bought DGC for the last $200 of spending money we need from Target for the measly 5% off. Was able to buy eGC online so at least it's easy.

I'm kind of bummed I can't take advantage of the BB deal. Our trip is next week so when the rewards certs come I don't know what I'd do with them. We don't have another Disney trip in the works so I wouldn't want to get DGC. I'm sure we'll need something from BB for a Christmas present or something but I just can't think of anything that we will need to buy 9/5-9/18. Maybe I'm just bummed because this means I don't have another Disney trip to plan.
I went ahead and bought DGC for the last $200 of spending money we need from Target for the measly 5% off. Was able to buy eGC online so at least it's easy.

Best Buy sells other gift cards other than Disney that you could have purchased when you got the reward certificate for something you probably would have used, whether it be the movies, a restaurant, something.

Hate you wasn't able to take advantage of it either :(

They sell so many cards. Last time I actually got a Netflix card and applied it to my account and it's slowly billing that gift card each month (automatically) instead of my regular card. There are also restaurants, Starbucks, Toys R Us, and tons of other stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter