Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
On more question, can you pay for the Best Buy e-gift cards (the buy $150 get $15) offer with a physical card? I know that is totally pushing it, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Sorry, nope, credit card only. The eGift cards are bought through CashStar which is a separate company so they don't accept gift cards.

On the off chance everyone isn't sick of my saga and someone is wondering how it ends: I'm buying Disney gift cards from best buy online. No discount, but this money is specifically earmarked for my trips and I don't want any issues at Disneyland with these vanilla visa cards not being accepted. I'm trying Best Buy first because Disney Store online is SO slow! (I ordered a gift card from them that supposedly shipped 8/5, still don't have it...)

Ordered a Disney Gift Card from Disney Store Online to put in my son's birthday card with the surprise news that we were going to WDW. Ordered it a week and a half before his birthday. It came three days after his birthday. Had to scramble and buy a generic gift card to put in the birthday card.

So I was thinking of a way to try to split up some of the big cards I got when the whole DVA thing went down. Could I not buy Disney Gift cards with some of my Disney Gift cards to get some smaller amounts? Had anyone tried this?

Hello folks: I am kind of new to the Disney store egift card. I just need to know if I can use an e gift card to pay for a Disney resort stay? any info will be appreciated

If anyone has a Hyatt Chase credit card, there is an offer for $20 back on a $50 purchase at Whole Foods. My Whole Foods sell Best Buy gift cards. You must register for the offer prior to making your purchase. Unfortunately, it is limited to one offer per card.

Same here. When I take advantage of these deals, I always use my info and my wife's to double dip. Haven't had any problems.

I forgot to mention, when buying the Best Buy eGift cards through CashStar, there should be a field where you can enter your My Best Buy membership number and earn points towards Best Buy reward certificates, which can also be used toward third-party (including Disney) gift cards.

So just to clarify, the only thing that has to be different to double dip is the name change and a different email address? can it be paid with the same credit card? Very cool if they let you double dip for a total of $900 in gift cards.

My first attempt at this worked almost flawlessly today with the one exception where my credit card company flagged my card for the rapid $150 gift card purchases at best buy. They declined them after the first one but once I called and explained everything was fine. And all went smooth processing the transaction at the local Best Buy - they only had $25 and $50 Disney cards though so I had to get 9 cards but I did ask if they had more cards somewhere else before doing the transaction - I tried to make it easier for them (and me later). All worth it for the savings though. Thanks again for alerting us of these savings opportunities.

Not Disney, but since Starbucks is all over Disney parks (and everywhere else)...

When you buy a $10+ Starbucks eGift card using Visa Checkout, you get a $10 bonus (for a total of $20 Starbucks eGift card): https://starbucks-promotion.cashstar.com

This promotion is limited to the first 225,000 people, so HURRY. It's still working as of this posting.

The bonus is reflected at checkout (no waiting a day or more to receive the bonus), and I received a $20 Starbucks eGift card almost immediately after submitting my order.

Good luck!

Worked for me! Thanks OP! To add to your physical Star Buck Gift Card:

All you have to do is click the link where it says “Starbucks Rewards members:
Add this Starbucks eGift Card to your Starbucks account for quick, easy use.”

Hello folks: I am kind of new to the Disney store egift card. I just need to know if I can use an e gift card to pay for a Disney resort stay? any info will be appreciated

I believe the answer to that is no. Disney Store gift cards are much more restricted in use than Disney Gift Cards.

So I was thinking of a way to try to split up some of the big cards I got when the whole DVA thing went down. Could I not buy Disney Gift cards with some of my Disney Gift cards to get some smaller amounts? Had anyone tried this?

I think I tried this about a year ago and it did not work. If something changed since then, you may be able to.

@Lain gotta thank you again for the Star Bucks! Was able to use both accounts and transfer funds onto main card! $70.14 and counting!

The Walmart 10x using chase pay turns out pretty good when combined with Sam's club purchases. Not quite as good as the Amex offer of $250 on a $1250 Sam's Club purchase last year, but still worth the effort if anyone is on the fence. The catch is that it depends on how you value chase points. If you redeem them routinely for 1 cent per point, then it's not so good. I value them around 1.7 cents.

So, I was eligible on 3 cards. Using each offer for a $250 walmart gift card, that's $750 in gift cards. Using $715 of the Walmart gift cards on the 3-packs of disney cards at Sam's nets $750 in disney gift cards, plus a $35 walmart gift card left over. Effectively, it's $715 for $750 in disney gift cards, plus 10x on the $715 in spend is 7150 points. I value 7150 points at around $121.55. So, $750 in gift cards for about $573.45, taking into account the points. That's almost 20 percent off, which is what I aim for. That's a little misleading, because the $35 in savings is not in cash, but in a left over walmart gift card, but that's almost as good as cash to me, so close enough.

So for those that do the shopkicks at Best Buy, they're doing a 2x pts this weekend for the Birthday Bash. I'm a little brain dead at the moment, this means that since it's usually 2 kicks per $ it'll be 4 kicks per $ this weekend... right?

I've got a $50 BB gift card from Swagbucks burning a hole in my pocket so I'm thinking it's better to hold on to it until the weekend to buy the DGC with the double points, yes?

My first attempt at this worked almost flawlessly today with the one exception where my credit card company flagged my card for the rapid $150 gift card purchases at best buy. They declined them after the first one but once I called and explained everything was fine. .

You can buy them all in 1 transaction and still get the savings codes. You could buy 3 $150 GC's and it'll add 3 savings codes to your cart, or buy 1 $450 GC and you'll still get 3 savings codes in the cart. For kicks and giggles I just tried with a $250 GC and a $200 GC and I still got 3 savings codes in the cart. (that one's kind of odd but seems to work :confused3) That might help with the credit card company if it was the number of transactions that flagged it

New Best Buy eGift Card Deal: https://bestbuy-m.cashstar.com/buy/
  • Buy $150 Best Buy e-gift card and get a free $15 Best Buy promotional code.
  • Valid 8/13/17-8/26/17 online only.
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 9/5/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 9/5/17-9/18/17.
  • Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
  • Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
  • Savings code may be redeemed online and in store.
  • Not valid if order is canceled.

Thanks for this offer too!!! I purchased two - woohoo! I also checked my BB account and have a $10 reward. :confused3.
Last time I did this deal I also received a $25 Member Reward Certificate which blew my mind! We only shop there during the holidays IF it's worthwhile, so not sure how I earned it but certainly glad I had it!
:jumping1::dancer::jumping1:

So for those that do the shopkicks at Best Buy, they're doing a 2x pts this weekend for the Birthday Bash. I'm a little brain dead at the moment, this means that since it's usually 2 kicks per $ it'll be 4 kicks per $ this weekend... right?

I've got a $50 BB gift card from Swagbucks burning a hole in my pocket so I'm thinking it's better to hold on to it until the weekend to buy the DGC with the double points, yes?
Thanks for posting this. I was going to head to BB today but I think that I'll wait until the weekend instead. I was going to do a pretty big spend there, so it's worth waiting.

I have a question. We're close to paying off our trip for next May. I talked it over with DH after looking at how much we had in rapidrewards and we agreed to add a couple of days to our stay and fly instead of drive. We'll have enough for at least 1 free ticket, but it's been forever since we've flown and it's never been with Southwest. I was looking at payout options for our rewards with our Discover card and noticed Gamestop listed. Does anyone know can you still get Southwest cards with Gamestop cards? I know the ebay option died out awhile ago, but I'm trying to find ways I can start funding our flight.

I have a question. We're close to paying off our trip for next May. I talked it over with DH after looking at how much we had in rapidrewards and we agreed to add a couple of days to our stay and fly instead of drive. We'll have enough for at least 1 free ticket, but it's been forever since we've flown and it's never been with Southwest. I was looking at payout options for our rewards with our Discover card and noticed Gamestop listed. Does anyone know can you still get Southwest cards with Gamestop cards? I know the ebay option died out awhile ago, but I'm trying to find ways I can start funding our flight.

I can't answer your specific question, but did want to point out that you may want to consider earning a Southwest companion pass. You could time it out just right by earning it earn 2018 and it would be valid through all of 2018 and 2019. It requires opening 2 of the Southwest credit cards and meeting spending limits, so it's not for everyone depending on your financial habits. Here is more info if you are interested: http://southwestcompanionpass.com/how-to-get-southwest-companion-pass/

I can't answer your specific question, but did want to point out that you may want to consider earning a Southwest companion pass. You could time it out just right by earning it earn 2018 and it would be valid through all of 2018 and 2019. It requires opening 2 of the Southwest credit cards and meeting spending limits, so it's not for everyone depending on your financial habits. Here is more info if you are interested: http://southwestcompanionpass.com/how-to-get-southwest-companion-pass/
We just opened our Discover not too long ago and I was planning on referring DH for the Disney Visa for the bonus offer so we're not really looking into another credit card right now. Thank you though!

Anyone had any luck with the Ibotta 2% cash back when using the BB gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards in store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter