Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was blocked from using eBay/PPDG for GC's, nothing official but they would not go through no matter how many hours I spent on the phone with ebay so I gave up on that whole route. I didn't know about the CIP 3x UR for purchases thought, what category does that fall under?

Iirc, it coded as utilities for CIP.

Question - Can you buy a Disney GC at a store (target, Kroger, Disney store etc.) and then keep adding money too it or do you have to keep buying new gift cards? Can you add money online or do you have to do it in store? My plans is to get a DGC for our honeymoon next October and each week put $10 on it or each payday put $20 on it, if I can do this. That way I'm saving money to spend at Disney but I'm not likely to use it like a Visa GC or Cash.

Question - Can you buy a Disney GC at a store (target, Kroger, Disney store etc.) and then keep adding money too it or do you have to keep buying new gift cards? Can you add money online or do you have to do it in store? My plans is to get a DGC for our honeymoon next October and each week put $10 on it or each payday put $20 on it, if I can do this. That way I'm saving money to spend at Disney but I'm not likely to use it like a Visa GC or Cash.

disneygiftcard .com allows you to add and combine gift cards up to $1000. So if you started with a card you could then add smaller ones to it until you hit the threshold. Then you could remove that card from the account and start in on a new one while keeping the balance on the card. It's not perfect, but is an option.

disneygiftcard .com allows you to add and combine gift cards up to $1000. So if you started with a card you could then add smaller ones to it until you hit the threshold. Then you could remove that card from the account and start in on a new one while keeping the balance on the card. It's not perfect, but is an option.
Okay so, I can buy a Disney GC on disneygiftcard.com and then add money to it or Ii buy individual gift cards and then pile them all together? Just so I have it straight, I just didn't want to carry around 60+ $10 Disney GCs lol

The max per card is $1,000 but you can only move the full amount from one card to the next. You can plan it to have as many cards as you want at whatever value you want. Also if you are staying onsite you can just use your magic band and pay off your balance at your resort with your gift cards and not carry any around.

The max per card is $1,000 but you can only move the full amount from one card to the next. You can plan it to have as many cards as you want at whatever value you want. Also if you are staying onsite you can just use your magic band and pay off your balance at your resort with your gift cards and not carry any around.

Yes it's important to note I think that you can only transfer the entire balance, not a specified amount. That can be a little annoying in certain scenarios I think.

Yes it's important to note I think that you can only transfer the entire balance, not a specified amount. That can be a little annoying in certain scenarios I think.

Okay, thanks! Since you can only put $1000 on each and Future Hubs & I are both going to adding $10/week or $20/paycheck I'll probably do two. One for him and One for myself and then we can attach each of our respective GCs to our magic bands. If I can do math AND we keep up with It each week then we should each have a GC of $620 by trip time. We are also filling bottles with change to cash in before we go, future hubs bank will let you cash in non-rolled change in a machine w/o a service chage like coin star so we get to keep everything we save :love:

One for him and One for myself and then we can attach each of our respective GCs to our magic bands. :love:
just an FYI. You can't "attach" anything to a Magic Band. You use the band to charge to your room and you can go to the Front Desk at your resort to pay down the balance. Be sure to go before the end of your trip as they will charge the credit card on file overnight the day you check out. I went down mid trip and then again around 6PM the day before we checked out to pay off the charges with my GC

Has anyone had success in a south jersey areas bbb buying disney gift cards with bbb gift cards? If so, which store....thanks!

I just cashed in $200 of Target random gift cards that were on the Target app for a plastic gift card then cashed that in for 4 $50 Disney gift cards. This was at the Downtown Seattle Target. I'm so thankful I have this thread because without it, not sure if any of it would have happened. Guest Services didn't know you could combine gift cards with them and were a bit reluctant. After I got that squared away I then had to pursue the issue of using target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards. One manager said no, the other said yes. Thankfully the yes manager prevailed and agreed with me when I said that Disney cards ring up as entertainment cards, not gift cards.

Thank you all for helping this happen!

just an FYI. You can't "attach" anything to a Magic Band. You use the band to charge to your room and you can go to the Front Desk at your resort to pay down the balance. Be sure to go before the end of your trip as they will charge the credit card on file overnight the day you check out. I went down mid trip and then again around 6PM the day before we checked out to pay off the charges with my GC

OHHHHHHHH Gotcha okay! See, this is why I ask these question in advanced. This is my first time Disney trip planning. I've been a lot I just haven't planned it myself.

Was wondering the same thing!

You cannot add money directly to a Disney GC. So, if you have a $50 GC. for instance, there's no way to add another $10 to it using a credit or debit card like you can with Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts apps. However, you can do what the PPs advised which is to purchase additional Disney GCs and then transfer the balances to a single Disney GC using the disneygiftcard.com website.

New Best Buy eGift Card Deal: https://bestbuy-m.cashstar.com/buy/
  • Buy $150 Best Buy e-gift card and get a free $15 Best Buy promotional code.
  • Valid 8/13/17-8/26/17 online only.
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 9/5/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 9/5/17-9/18/17.
  • Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
  • Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
  • Savings code may be redeemed online and in store.
  • Not valid if order is canceled.
ETA Desktop version: https://bestbuy.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/

Last edited:
You cannot add money directly to a Disney GC. So, if you have a $50 GC. for instance, there's no way to add another $10 to it using a credit or debit card like you can with Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts apps. However, you can do what the PPs advised which is to purchase additional Disney GCs and then transfer the balances to a single Disney GC using the disneygiftcard.com website.

Okay now I'm understanding. Map my best bet so buy them in chucks rather than weekly & then combine them or go with something like a Visa Gift Card that's reloadable and I could add to every week. Thanks everyone!

Okay now I'm understanding. Map my best bet so buy them in chucks rather than weekly & then combine them or go with something like a Visa Gift Card that's reloadable and I could add to every week. Thanks everyone!

You can always open a savings account (I like Capital One 360) and have money automatically deducted from your paycheck into the account. I like doing that because you don't "see" the money leaving you. Plus, you'll earn some interest too! Then, before your trip, you can convert that into a Disney GC Buying one at BJs at a discount will make your money go a little further (you don't need a membership to purchase online).

New Best Buy eGift Card Deal: https://bestbuy-m.cashstar.com/buy/
  • Buy $150 Best Buy e-gift card and get a free $15 Best Buy promotional code.
  • Valid 8/13/17-8/26/17 online only.
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 9/5/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 9/5/17-9/18/17.
  • Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
  • Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
  • Savings code may be redeemed online and in store.
  • Not valid if order is canceled.

Thank you for this! I assume everything is still good with Best Buy about buying a Disney GC with Best Buy GC?

I orderd a small order at WM on the 11th, got most of my stuff, charge still pending on act page...WTH?:confused3 I can't see if I got the 10x bonus,and I won't buy more without knowing for sure it worked.... it's up to $250 each card that's enrolled on Chase pay,right? I still haven't pulled the trigger on my Amex/BB gc thingy yet..... I haven't even checked if the one nearest me does gc-gc......

I think I saw a deal for spend $100 on third party gc at Stop and Shop- get $15 off next transaction...not sure what brands count.... I hope I get my BCP soon so I can do this!

According to the flyer, Best Buy is definitely one. Not sure about buying Disney GCs directly, however. The flyer said it most definitely did not apply to MC/Visa/Amex and S&S GCs.

S&S_Flyer_081017.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter