Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Portland, OR and was successful in using a BB&B gift card to purchase a Disney gift card last week, so I redeemed the rest of my Discover cashback dollars for an additional $125 in BB&B. Had no problems yesterday using another one to buy a $25 Disney GC. My plan was to go slow and redeem one $25 gift card per week, but after hearing about the issue @HHMcG had, I may step it up a bit and do $50 next time just to get rid of them. Discover didn't offer any other gift card options that could be converted into Disney except BB&B and I prefer that over redeeming for a statement credit because it's nice to get the $5 bonus per gift card.

I also went to Target and converted a $100 Target gift card to Disney. I don't shop a lot at Target anymore and was curious to check out the Disney gift card situation in light of what others we posting about dwindling supplies. The checkout aisles had plenty of $50's, electronics had plenty of $100's, but the greeting card rack only had the Disneyland tickets. The $100 Target gift card I used to pay was my last one from the 10% off sale in December. With Target being one of Discover's 4th quarter bonus categories, I'm hoping Target offers the 10% off again this year.
Which store did you have successfully? I live in Oregon City.

Went to my Target over the weekend (Indianapolis). They changed their GC rack around by electronics. They used to have a few rods of each card in the middle of the rack (easy to see). I almost thought they were out, but then noticed around the bottom left they had 1 rod of each denomination ($25, $50, and $100). I grabbed one of each (had $160ish in gc's) and headed to self checkout. My self checkout went fine, but I've had problems in the past where I've scanned the wrong bar code and that will send the cashier over. Paid with my gc's and put the rest on my red card. Still got the 5% off the remaining balance.

Bummer but ROFL at that manager. Illegal my rear, against store policy sure, not illegal! But that's an easy way to shut down a conversation and shame a customer all at once, unfortunately others here have had similar experiences at stores when a manager doesn't have the guts to say "it's against store policy".

Have you considered trying at a totally different time of day so you don't run into the same manager?

Thank you for your comment. That was exactly how I felt. Illeagal NO - just admit it is store policy. Dissappointed I let it annoy me.

I am just going to try another store. Plenty around me to choose from.

With Target being one of Discover's 4th quarter bonus categories, I'm hoping Target offers the 10% off again this year.
I hadn't seen that Target was one of the 4th quarter bonus rewards. That raises some interesting possibilities.

How long does it take for BJs to deliver Disney cards? I'm thinking about jumping on the Staples deal and getting at least one $300 Visa gift card to turn into $300 worth of Disney cards at BJs. I think it comes out to be about a 8.5% savings.

How long does it take for BJs to deliver Disney cards? I'm thinking about jumping on the Staples deal and getting at least one $300 Visa gift card to turn into $300 worth of Disney cards at BJs. I think it comes out to be about a 8.5% savings.

Seems to depend on where you live and how much you buy. All mine shipped from Massachusetts and only had to go to PA so I got mine anywhere from 2 - 5 days. But I've been buying 1 or 2 $100's at a time so it's all come USPS. Some folks ordered larger amounts and that came UPS. Somewhere in the last 10 pages a bunch of folks reported back on their latest ship times .

It's not long..I would say mine took 5 days. I will say that I'm using VGCs and my orders have been consistently cancelled. :badpc: I successfully got 5 to go thru but thats it. I've had 7 cancelled. I contact them via chat but it hasn't helped. When I ordered on walmart.com using amex offers the same thing would happen but I could eventually get it to go through after chatting with them. All my cards are registered.

If theres a trick to getting them to go through I haven't been able to figure it out. :sad:

First off thanks to everyone who has posted I know I've been gone for some time.

Read through the last 100 pages and I'm sure it was mentioned and I just don't remember but how long from the time you place an order on bjs did it take till you received a tracking number?

MasterCard gift cards show pending charges so hoping they go through.

First off thanks to everyone who has posted I know I've been gone for some time.

Read through the last 100 pages and I'm sure it was mentioned and I just don't remember but how long from the time you place an order on bjs did it take till you received a tracking number?

In the same boat. Purchased about three days ago, and still says "processing." Getting a little nervous since trip two weeks away . . .

I ordered my cards from BJ's on Friday afternoon, 7/7. I received a tracking email on Tuesday, 7/11 and my cards were delivered by UPS on Wednesday, 7/12.

Last edited:
I am leaving in 14 days and paid for our trip with gift cards and my debit card, our plans changed and my DH is not coming. I called to take him off the reservation and I am getting back $64.62 on my debit and $666.28 on the gift cards thats after the $50.00 fee. I saved all 36 cards just have to figure out which one's were used last to pay for the trip.
On the bright side I saved $160.00 buying gift cards but wish I had the cash back instead. If I did it again..I would pay the last say $500.00 with my debit card.

It's not long..I would say mine took 5 days. I will say that I'm using VGCs and my orders have been consistently cancelled. :badpc: I successfully got 5 to go thru but thats it. I've had 7 cancelled. I contact them via chat but it hasn't helped. When I ordered on walmart.com using amex offers the same thing would happen but I could eventually get it to go through after chatting with them. All my cards are registered.

If theres a trick to getting them to go through I haven't been able to figure it out. :sad:
Now I'm not sure if I want to try it if BJs might not take the VGCs. I might have already missed the window on buying any of the $300 VGCs that may have been in stock.

Ouch, I did one order on BJs with a vanilla visa, no issues shipped a couple days ago. I have 2 more to do so now I'm a bit nervous... FWIW I registered the card first with vanilla online to attach my zipcode to it and I made sure I had more than enough to cover my order because BJs said only 1 payment method per order.

Ordered Fri, shipped Mon and charge posted to my VGC today (previously it was pending).

I am leaving in 14 days and paid for our trip with gift cards and my debit card, our plans changed and my DH is not coming. I called to take him off the reservation and I am getting back $64.62 on my debit and $666.28 on the gift cards thats after the $50.00 fee. I saved all 36 cards just have to figure out which one's were used last to pay for the trip.
On the bright side I saved $160.00 buying gift cards but wish I had the cash back instead. If I did it again..I would pay the last say $500.00 with my debit card.
I agree ... it's easy to get caught up in the GC buying frenzy if you can get $5-10 off here and there. My wife questioned my GC buying and I was sure that if we didn't use it this next time (and we are upgrading to APs so I figure that's going to be the majority of it) we can just use them on the next trip whenever that is. But that's definitely money that is tied up when you do it that way.

I'm sorry that your plans changed :(. I'm glad that you kept your gift cards so you have them. Did you pay your entire bill with gift cards? Maybe once your gift cards have been refunded you can call Disney up and ask them to change payment from your debit card back to your gift cards.

I agree ... it's easy to get caught up in the GC buying frenzy if you can get $5-10 off here and there. My wife questioned my GC buying and I was sure that if we didn't use it this next time (and we are upgrading to APs so I figure that's going to be the majority of it) we can just use them on the next trip whenever that is. But that's definitely money that is tied up when you do it that way.

I don't think I would get tied up in any gift card churning for any company if I didn't have intentions to at least use them in the next several months. In my case, we are Disneyland locals and have Annual Passes on and off throughout the years. Plus we take WDW or Disney Cruise trips every 12-18 months. I feel for you though, @coneeny4 ! I was tied up with Walgreens gift cards for about a year (just $300 worth) and it was frustrating.

I'm sorry that your plans changed :(. I'm glad that you kept your gift cards so you have them. Did you pay your entire bill with gift cards? Maybe once your gift cards have been refunded you can call Disney up and ask them to change payment from your debit card back to your gift cards.
I was told the money has to go back on the cards they were taken from. Just have more spending money than I planned but I wil find a way to spend it at Disney.

I was told the money has to go back on the cards they were taken from. Just have more spending money than I planned but I wil find a way to spend it at Disney.
Yes, the money goes back to the cards. After it does, you may still be able to swap out payments made on your debit card with the newly replenished gift cards. It's worth a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter