Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh! Was just turned down at BB&B trying to use a gift card to buy a Disney gift card. Was told that it was money laundering. This the same store where I was able to do this twice in the past two weeks. She offered to call the manager for confirmation but I told her not to bother. The last thing I need is for the manager to bring it up to all employees at a morning meeting. There's another store not far from work so I'll try there tomorrow. Or I'll wait a bit and try this store again. The employee was very pregnant so maybe she'll be off on maternity leave shortly.

Ugh! Was just turned down at BB&B trying to use a gift card to buy a Disney gift card. Was told that it was money laundering. This the same store where I was able to do this twice in the past two weeks. She offered to call the manager for confirmation but I told her not to bother. The last thing I need is for the manager to bring it up to all employees at a morning meeting. There's another store not far from work so I'll try there tomorrow. Or I'll wait a bit and try this store again. The employee was very pregnant so maybe she'll be off on maternity leave shortly.

I think I would have spoken to the Manager. That is a pretty serious charge for a cashier, or even a manager, to make to a customer.

mon·ey laun·der·ing
noun
  1. the concealment of the origins of illegally obtained money, typically by means of transfers involving foreign banks or legitimate businesses.
Some of these stores are getting pretty blatant with these accusations. My statement would simply be "I purchased these at a small discount online to try to save a small amount for my families vacation. I don't appreciate the defamation of my character with an accusation that I am attempting to spend illegal money."

I think I would have spoken to the Manager. That is a pretty serious charge for a cashier, or even a manager, to make to a customer.

mon·ey laun·der·ing
noun
  1. the concealment of the origins of illegally obtained money, typically by means of transfers involving foreign banks or legitimate businesses.
Some of these stores are getting pretty blatant with these accusations. My statement would simply be "I purchased these at a small discount online to try to save a small amount for my families vacation. I don't appreciate the defamation of my character with an accusation that I am attempting to spend illegal money."

It caught me off guard because at most I expected them to tell me it was against store policy, not accuse me of being a criminal. I like your statement. If I have problems tomorrow when I try again at a different store, I plan pursue it calmly with manager.

It caught me off guard because at most I expected them to tell me it was against store policy, not accuse me of being a criminal. I like your statement. If I have problems tomorrow when I try again at a different store, I plan pursue it calmly with manager.

Heck, even with couponing and stuff, you get looked at as if you're a criminal. We have problems around here that they don't always grab all the sale tags. Then you go to the register to pay and the item comes up the non-sale price. We've gotten to the point that if someone has to go do a price check, my gf actually goes along so they can't pull the 'sale' tag off quick and say it's the normal price.

Btw, these are places that you should be able to load in-store coupons onto your keychain store card and yeah, the employees don't even have the slightest clue how the program works.

But...

Buying a gift card with a gift card can be tricky. I know at Target I can use my e-gift card from Swagbucks to get a Disney gift card. Hopefully that'll work for me again in a few weeks when I redeem my next one.

Seems to depend on where you live and how much you buy. All mine shipped from Massachusetts and only had to go to PA so I got mine anywhere from 2 - 5 days. But I've been buying 1 or 2 $100's at a time so it's all come USPS. Some folks ordered larger amounts and that came UPS. Somewhere in the last 10 pages a bunch of folks reported back on their latest ship times .
I've ordered up to $700 at a time and they've also shipped USPS. I've received all of my orders within a week, shipped from Massachusetts to Indiana.

My statement would simply be "I purchased these at a small discount online to try to save a small amount for my families vacation. I don't appreciate the defamation of my character with an accusation that I am attempting to spend illegal money."

You might also add that the express terms of this BB&B gift card do not exclude using it to purchase any other gift card, and that you know for a fact BB&B's point of sale system will accept a gift card as tender for a third-party gift card so it cannot be illegal or against store policy.

I finally got rid of the last of my GameStop gift cards. I had $76.20 over two 'cards'. I bought a Netflix card and applied it to my account. I figured I'd buy something I would use anyway.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Ordered Friday so hoping tomorrow I'll get a tracking number.
I had two orders--one for my MIL for $700--ordered on Sunday, and already shipped--and one for me at $2500, ordered on Saturday and yet to process. I am hoping that it is just the larger order that is causing the delay and not the "you are a crook" thing as above. :(

interesting..... in the past, I had thought the rule of thumb for gc-gc etc and finding deals required staying 'under the radar' in stores...no calling managers, no defending ourself as 'not illegal' and asking for another cashier etc.... is something changed? B/c from my past experience(haven't done it in awhile) the more 'noise' that's made about a deal, the faster it goes away? it almost sounds like Bb&B was very YMMV to begin with,and now that 'noise' is being made in various states, they are becoming aware of and shutting it down(?) Anyway..... thanks for all the update and data points, this is very useful info!

interesting..... in the past, I had thought the rule of thumb for gc-gc etc and finding deals required staying 'under the radar' in stores...no calling managers, no defending ourself as 'not illegal' and asking for another cashier etc.... is something changed? B/c from my past experience(haven't done it in awhile) the more 'noise' that's made about a deal, the faster it goes away? it almost sounds like Bb&B was very YMMV to begin with,and now that 'noise' is being made in various states, they are becoming aware of and shutting it down(?) Anyway..... thanks for all the update and data points, this is very useful info!
Yes, if your churning cards. The days of churning are over, now it's about getting the best deals on discounted cards and/or best rewards on your credit card to try to obtain a small discount on gift cards. There is no longer a manipulation of the system to make money. Now it is just our hard earned money being used to purchase legally acquired gift cards on the internet. a lot of us are still a little shy because we knew churning was manipulating the system and didn't want the doors to get closed.

I had two orders--one for my MIL for $700--ordered on Sunday, and already shipped--and one for me at $2500, ordered on Saturday and yet to process. I am hoping that it is just the larger order that is causing the delay and not the "you are a crook" thing as above. :(
Update--got tracking numbers for my large order today! Woot.

Does anyone know if target sells any other airlines GC's other than Southwest. I have 80k thank you points with my Sears card, that I want to use for my flights in December. I can get $800 in Target or Best Buy, American Airlines has better flights for us, but I don't know if either of these sell them. I already have enough Disney cards, just need travel GC's now.

Does anyone know if target sells any other airlines GC's other than Southwest. I have 80k thank you points with my Sears card, that I want to use for my flights in December. I can get $800 in Target or Best Buy, American Airlines has better flights for us, but I don't know if either of these sell them. I already have enough Disney cards, just need travel GC's now.

I have only seen Southwest at Target.

First, someone please refresh my memory on eBay rules - can't seem to keep track these days since I don't use Ebay much. Can you still buy a gift card with an eBay gift card?

If so, then you could use your Target gift card to purchase eBay cards in store at Target. Ebay sells American airlines cards (via Paypal Digital Gifts). Of course you must have a Paypal account linked to Ebay. I would purchase in small increments as some of us have had issues with large Paypal Digital Gift purchases.

First, someone please refresh my memory on eBay rules - can't seem to keep track these days since I don't use Ebay much. Can you still buy a gift card with an eBay gift card?

If so, then you could use your Target gift card to purchase eBay cards in store at Target. Ebay sells American airlines cards (via Paypal Digital Gifts). Of course you must have a Paypal account linked to Ebay. I would purchase in small increments as some of us have had issues with large Paypal Digital Gift purchases.
Unfortunately, eBay will not allow GC payments for anything in the GC category, nor can you earn ebucks if you purchase GC's. So the only savings would be on the credit card used.

This seems to be a company-wide thing now. I've gone to three BB&Bs in the past two weeks. The first time, my transaction went fine. The second time I was accused of money laundering. The third time I wasn't accused, but just told that there is a federal mandate that considers GC to GC transactions money laundering. They are really shooting themselves in the foot by both offending customers and making themselves look misinformed. I just sent some angry feedback via their online form, and requested a phone call back. If it's store policy, just call it store policy and stop accusing people of breaking non-existent federal law!

This seems to be a company-wide thing now. I've gone to three BB&Bs in the past two weeks. The first time, my transaction went fine. The second time I was accused of money laundering. The third time I wasn't accused, but just told that there is a federal mandate that considers GC to GC transactions money laundering. They are really shooting themselves in the foot by both offending customers and making themselves look misinformed. I just sent some angry feedback via their online form, and requested a phone call back. If it's store policy, just call it store policy and stop accusing people of breaking non-existent federal law!

That's good idea. I just sent some feedback about my visit using their online form relaying my experience yesterday and expressing my embarrassment over being falsely accused of money laundering in front of other customers. I leave work in 45 minutes and will head to a different BB&B to give it another try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter