Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure they do that so you can't buy it online and then pickup in store. They give them different sku's in the system even though they are the same merchandise. Bj's does the same, most of the cards I see there that are 'online only' I do have in the stores (just maybe different pricing). I haven't bought them online for a while but I recall it showing that the last time I did.
I hadn't thought about that. It would make sense though.

With the concerns expressed recently on here about Disney gift cards at Target dwindling, I managed to push my Shopkick over the mark for another $2 gift card, bringing me up to exactly $25 in Target gift cards ($10 and $5 from in-store promos and 5 $2 Shopkick ones, haha). Just walked over to the downtown Minneapolis Target (if you're in the area, check it out - completely remodeled and looks unlike any Target I've ever seen!). The electronics section had a gift card rack that included a pretty normal-looking amount of $100, $50, and $25 Disney Gift Cards. I bought one in a regular cashier aisle with my 7 Target gift cards, no problem! :thumbsup2

With the concerns expressed recently on here about Disney gift cards at Target dwindling, I managed to push my Shopkick over the mark for another $2 gift card, bringing me up to exactly $25 in Target gift cards ($10 and $5 from in-store promos and 5 $2 Shopkick ones, haha). Just walked over to the downtown Minneapolis Target (if you're in the area, check it out - completely remodeled and looks unlike any Target I've ever seen!). The electronics section had a gift card rack that included a pretty normal-looking amount of $100, $50, and $25 Disney Gift Cards. I bought one in a regular cashier aisle with my 7 Target gift cards, no problem! :thumbsup2
Completely off the subject, but they remodeled?? I don't get downtown much, but it was already very different than our suburban stores. I would like to see the remodel next time I get down there.

Signed up for topcashback today via a doctor of credit link that gives $20 extra after you've earned $10, and apparently there's no time limit on when you have to earn the $10 by. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/doc-exclusive-join-topcashback-get-20-sign-bonus/ (I think this is ok to post because the blogger is not receiving any compensation for people who sign up through the link.) Topcashback has been working at BJs right?

Completely off the subject, but they remodeled?? I don't get downtown much, but it was already very different than our suburban stores. I would like to see the remodel next time I get down there.
Yeah, they're still finishing up, but it is WAY different. Hard to get used to where to find stuff now. But looks nice.

For those interested in mobile payment and if you have a Samsung phone, I've found Samsung Pay to be great at saving some cash. Right now they have a lot of gift cards at 20% off. None look like they can be flipped for Disney GCs, but there are a ton of promotions to link and use a card and get so many Samsung Points. You get points every time you make a purchase, and the more you make the more you earn. I figure if I use this to the max (I think 50 transactions per month), I can get a $20 Best Buy gift card (which can be flipped for a Disney GC) every 3 months or so. Sooner if there are Samsung Pay promotions going on. For instance I linked my Disney Chase card and got 500 Samsung Points just for linking and using a Chase card. 4800 points gets me a $20 Best Buy gift card.

Great thing about Samsung Pay over Apple/Android Pay is you can use just about any retailer to pay, because you have the option of using the magnetic strip with your phone. Its damn weird at first, tbh. :)

For those interested in mobile payment and if you have a Samsung phone, I've found Samsung Pay to be great at saving some cash. Right now they have a lot of gift cards at 20% off. None look like they can be flipped for Disney GCs, but there are a ton of promotions to link and use a card and get so many Samsung Points. You get points every time you make a purchase, and the more you make the more you earn. I figure if I use this to the max (I think 50 transactions per month), I can get a $20 Best Buy gift card (which can be flipped for a Disney GC) every 3 months or so. Sooner if there are Samsung Pay promotions going on. For instance I linked my Disney Chase card and got 500 Samsung Points just for linking and using a Chase card. 4800 points gets me a $20 Best Buy gift card.

Great thing about Samsung Pay over Apple/Android Pay is you can use just about any retailer to pay, because you have the option of using the magnetic strip with your phone. Its damn weird at first, tbh. :)

I use samsung pay at sam's club all the time! i normally pay with GCs i've earned through swagbucks and pay the remaining balance with samsung pay. i also earn points with my CC. win, win, win!

Just back from a Target run. No Disney GCs in the cards and stationary section but the checkouts were stuffed to the gills with $50 GCs and there were a handful of $100 GCs in electronics (before I got to them!).

I just cashed out the Target GCs I've earned from Perk and ShopKick for $500 worth of Disney GCs!

Hey crew - Has anyone tried to purchase a Disney GC at Target using the $5 reward from their new pharmacy rewards program? The paper coupon I received says no gift cards, but I wondered if the 'entertainment card' vs. 'gift card' thing applied. Just wondering if anyone has tried this yet? Thanks!

Is anyone else having issues logging into the Disney gc site? I've been trying off and on all morning and getting an error every time.

Is anyone else having issues logging into the Disney gc site? I've been trying off and on all morning and getting an error every time.

I just consolidated about 2k worth of cards. Probably the smoothest the site has ever functioned.

Need some help here. I see there is an upcoming deal at Staples for $20 Visa Prepaid card when you get $300 or more in Visa Gift cards. One per household. From Sun to Sat in store only. Anyone know what the fees are for purchasing a $300 Visa card? And Any ideas on how you could use this to get a further discount on Disney Gift Cards? Maybe purchase Disney from BJ's using the cards?

Need some help here. I see there is an upcoming deal at Staples for $20 Visa Prepaid card when you get $300 or more in Visa Gift cards. One per household. From Sun to Sat in store only. Anyone know what the fees are for purchasing a $300 Visa card? And Any ideas on how you could use this to get a further discount on Disney Gift Cards? Maybe purchase Disney from BJ's using the cards?
Use it to buy discounts Target/BedBath&Beyond/BestBuy gift cards, whichever is cheapest, then buy the Disney GCs at those stores.

USAA credit cards also have a Back to School deal where you get $20 cash back by spending $150 through their shopping portal. It does say that it does not apply to gift cards so it may not work but since I shop at walmart regularly anyways, it does not put me out anything. Planning to get a $150 walmart gift card to use at Sam's Club to get an additional discount on Disney cards.

You need to look at that deal to make sure it saves you money. Those prepaid cards usually have a charge to purchase them and that eats into your profit.

For instance, the $300 Visa card has an $8.95 activation fee so you save $11.05 over $300 which is only 3.6%. The only way this makes sense is if you have a special credit card where you get a percentage off by shopping at Staples.

I just bought a $200 Visa gift card and the activation fee was about $7. I am waiting for it to arrive and will be trying to purchase Disney gift cards from BJs as soon as I get it. It's apparently "on the truck for delivery by end of day" so stay tuned!

Last edited:
Hey crew - Has anyone tried to purchase a Disney GC at Target using the $5 reward from their new pharmacy rewards program? The paper coupon I received says no gift cards, but I wondered if the 'entertainment card' vs. 'gift card' thing applied. Just wondering if anyone has tried this yet? Thanks!
Just try again when you feel up to it, if it fails out try a different browser (chrome, firefox, edge, etc.). The website has been PLAGUED with tech issues for weeks now. It eventually works, just keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter