Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize if this has been asked before, but has anyone put together a list of places that (potentially) allow GC to GC purchases.

If not, I'd be happy to put one together. Please let me know where you've had success with this. The only places I know about are Best Buy and Target.

Thanks!

I apologize if this has been asked before, but has anyone put together a list of places that (potentially) allow GC to GC purchases.

If not, I'd be happy to put one together. Please let me know where you've had success with this. The only places I know about are Best Buy and Target.

Thanks!
The problem with a list like that is it is so fluid. Things from just a year ago are no longer accurate. It is also regional. When GS stopped allowing gc>gc it started out west/Midwest and spread.

no way!! i thought you can't buy GCs with GCs there?!
I could never find a good answer on that. It seemed like you could, but I guess at one point they didn't sell a lot of other retailers gift cards? One of the posts stated they could only find iTunes and the store GC. But the one near my work has a whole rack in the front with a whole bunch of different things, reminded me of the grocery store or target displays. I never found a response that said they were denied, so I pulled the trigger cuz I figure it's wedding season I'm sure I'm buying something there in the next couple months.

Is there a place you are able to get the BB&B GC's at a good discount?
I used my Discover cashback. You redeem $20 in cashback for a $25 BBB giftcard. I only had the option of $25 denominations but you can order multiple in the same redemption. I know there's other retailers that sell BBB giftcards just can't think of them off the top of my head. At least you might get gas rewards or other rewards points from the purchase if that retailer doesn't have disney directly.

I could never find a good answer on that. It seemed like you could, but I guess at one point they didn't sell a lot of other retailers gift cards? One of the posts stated they could only find iTunes and the store GC. But the one near my work has a whole rack in the front with a whole bunch of different things, reminded me of the grocery store or target displays. I never found a response that said they were denied, so I pulled the trigger cuz I figure it's wedding season I'm sure I'm buying something there in the next couple months.

I used my Discover cashback. You redeem $20 in cashback for a $25 BBB giftcard. I only had the option of $25 denominations but you can order multiple in the same redemption. I know there's other retailers that sell BBB giftcards just can't think of them off the top of my head. At least you might get gas rewards or other rewards points from the purchase if that retailer doesn't have disney directly.

hmm..i have a return credit, wonder if that will work.

I noticed that Meijer is still having the promotion, if you buy $50.00 in gift cards, you get $5.00 rewards. Does anyone know if you could use those rewards to purchase more gift cards?
EDIT: Never mind, I just read back a few threads and saw the answer....

Last edited:
I have like $25 in GS rewards from the good ol'churning days. Does anyone know if those rewards can be used on a GC?

Unfortunately, they cannot. I asked that question a while back when the churning days were going strong. You could, however, look for games that Gamestop recently discounted in price they may have decent trade value at Best Buy and then use the points to buy the game and then flip to BB that way. They give you a gift card which we all know leads to Disney. I did this with many of my accrued points from The Great Churn of '16. This is similar to the exit strategy someone recently mentioned for those that got stuck with GS gift cards after the churn fell through.

This is very tempting but I'd hate to find out the hard way it won't work at my local store. I don't know what I'd do with multiple BBB gift cards.

BBB accepting GCs > GCs is news to me, but I don't think my local BBBs even carry Disney cards. I remember looking at BBB for Disney during an Amex Offer last year (where have all the good ones gone, btw?); couldn't find any and ended up buying Starbucks and iTunes. Those two go on sale often enough on their own that I don't really like taking the extra step of trying to exchange a GC for them and possibly be denied. I know BBB is great at price matching and their coupons make their prices even better, but I get hammered by BBB emails with 20% off coupons that I already don't know what to do with.

BBB accepting GCs > GCs is news to me, but I don't think my local BBBs even carry Disney cards. I remember looking at BBB for Disney during an Amex Offer last year (where have all the good ones gone, btw?); couldn't find any and ended up buying Starbucks and iTunes. Those two go on sale often enough on their own that I don't really like taking the extra step of trying to exchange a GC for them and possibly be denied. I know BBB is great at price matching and their coupons make their prices even better, but I get hammered by BBB emails with 20% off coupons that I already don't know what to do with.
Amex offers: OMG, right?! This whole year I've gotten $100 of Disney for a $80 out of an office depot offer and that's it!

Didn't BBB used to allow GC > GC waaaay back in the day but then they shut it down? (Mine never stocked Disney GCs either.)

Amex offers: OMG, right?! This whole year I've gotten $100 of Disney for a $80 out of an office depot offer and that's it!

Didn't BBB used to allow GC > GC waaaay back in the day but then they shut it down? (Mine never stocked Disney GCs either.)

It's entirely possible it depends on the store. I freely admit I don't head into BBB all that often (I collect those coupons religiously though!) but I just noticed that sometime in the last year (ish i guess) the 'beyond' part has expanded into drug store/cosmetic items. The couple I've been in have like half a side full of HBA type things. Those ones have the racks of gift cards. So it could very well be a chain wide change or maybe only some locations updated the offerings? I know these stores didn't have nearly that kind of shelf space before. (although for the life of me i can't remember what was there either, apparently not anything people wanted since we're not missing it :) )

FWIW that's a definite no on BB & B allowing you to use their GC to purchase another GC.

FWIW that's a definite no on BB & B allowing you to use their GC to purchase another GC.

If you go a page back misstressuz posted yesterday that they did in fact buy disney gift cards with gc's at BB &B, that's why it's being discussed, so it's not a definite no.

Did a cashier stop you or did the system just not allow it? Can you remember how long ago, maybe there's been a recent change? Worked for me yesterday. :confused3

Did a cashier stop you or did the system just not allow it? Can you remember how long ago, maybe there's been a recent change? Worked for me yesterday. :confused3
I'd be interested too. My local grocery has 20-cents fuel saver on BBB gift cards plus I get 6% back on all grocery store purchases. That would come out to be an 8% savings and the best I know of now is 5% with my Target credit card.

(I missed the BJs special)

Hopefully we'll see new offers in July. I think BJ one day special & BB $15 were the winners for June. For those who did the BB deal make sure to mark your July Calendar to get your BB $15 between July 7th - July 20th!

Hopefully we'll see new offers in July. I think BJ one day special & BB $15 were the winners for June. For those who did the BB deal make sure to mark your July Calendar to get your BB $15 between July 7th - July 20th!
I am anxiously awaiting :) First time for me doing the best buy deal, the wait's been killer. Are they pretty good at showing up on the first day?

I'd be interested too. My local grocery has 20-cents fuel saver on BBB gift cards plus I get 6% back on all grocery store purchases. That would come out to be an 8% savings and the best I know of now is 5% with my Target credit card.

(I missed the BJs special)
FWIW the $100 gift cards at bjs.com are 5% off (94.99) plus you'd get what ever credit card cashback offers you have available. So slightly better than the target 5% because you'd get the CC points on top.

We're in the last two days of Q2, so I'm a little surprised PPDG hasn't had more (any?) Best Buy eGift card deals lately. eBay OTOH has had 2 $15 off $75 flash sales, targeted coupons, several eBucks promos including one ending tonight, and today Gyft is offering $5 off $50 eBay GCs.

I am anxiously awaiting :) First time for me doing the best buy deal, the wait's been killer. Are they pretty good at showing up on the first day?

Yes, you should get an email on 7/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter