Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a specific dining offer that is related to the Disney Visa? Sorry, but I am just confused.

According to mousesavers Disney Visa cardholders can book a special version of the current free dining offer, which is identical except that the first check-in date is 8/13/17 (instead of 8/21/17).

Disney Visa has an offer for fall free dining with a few extra dates in August that's only available to those with the card. I can't remember the dates off the top of my head, but I want to say it's an extra 2 week window.

Disney Visa has an offer for fall free dining with a few extra dates in August that's only available to those with the card. I can't remember the dates off the top of my head, but I want to say it's an extra 2 week window.

As a cardholder, how do I see these dates?

I can't remember which gift cards they still allow, but Disney is not one of them. I *think* you could still get Starbucks or maybe gas station, but I'm not 100% sure on that. It has been so long, they may not even allow any gc>gc anymore.

In my experience since the churning days, the still allow GC to GC purchases on pretty much everything aside from eBay, Amazon, or MC/Visa. So basically gas stations, restaurants, Southwest, etc. They don't sell Disney unfortunately but if they did, it would probably be allowed.

Disclaimer: This is still definitely YMMV. It's been a few months since I flipped a GC there so things could've changed and/or differ by location. Tread at your own risk.

Thanks! I think I'll try it. Probably won't be worth much anyway.

Back in the "churning days" I know that Gamestop would allow gift cards - other than a couple of exceptions - to be purchased with their gift cards? Is that still the case? We have an xbox one and a wii system and games that I'm thinking of taking there to see what we could get for it. If I could get store credit and then later go in to get gift cards with it, I might go that route. If not, I'd have to take the cash offering, because we really don't spend much in there any longer.

I can't remember which gift cards they still allow, but Disney is not one of them. I *think* you could still get Starbucks or maybe gas station, but I'm not 100% sure on that. It has been so long, they may not even allow any gc>gc anymore.

In my experience since the churning days, the still allow GC to GC purchases on pretty much everything aside from eBay, Amazon, or MC/Visa. So basically gas stations, restaurants, Southwest, etc. They don't sell Disney unfortunately but if they did, it would probably be allowed. Disclaimer: This is still definitely YMMV. It's been a few months since I flipped a GC there so things could've changed and/or differ by location. Tread at your own risk.

I thought a year or so back the Gamestop churn blew up in some people's faces and they were stuck trying to liquidate gamestop gift cards online because they had no use for them. I'm even more sure as I think about it because some people became super adept at buying certain games at gamestop and then selling them to Best Buy as a way to get out from under them without taking the big loss selling online would have been. Personally, I would avoid the gamestop store credit route if you don't have a use for store credit.

@Phatscott25 it's good to know they might still allow some churns! (but it definitely sounds YMMV by location)

Back in the "churning days" I know that Gamestop would allow gift cards - other than a couple of exceptions - to be purchased with their gift cards? Is that still the case? We have an xbox one and a wii system and games that I'm thinking of taking there to see what we could get for it. If I could get store credit and then later go in to get gift cards with it, I might go that route. If not, I'd have to take the cash offering, because we really don't spend much in there any longer.

I used a GS GC to buy a Starbucks GC last month just fine.

When you trade in your consoles, they'll give you the option of trade-in credit or cash. The trade-in credit is always higher. Ask them what you can use the trade-in credit for. They should say something like, anything in the store. Ask, even gift cards? They may give a few exclusions like Visa GCs but you should be ok with restaurants, gas, Southwest, iTunes, Google Play, Steam, I think I saw some Gap GCs too. If they tell you no gift cards, ask them if it's a store policy or all Gamestops? Because like I said, it was working about a month ago and I check in on the GS subreddit every now and then and haven't seen any change.

I used a GS GC to buy a Kohl's GC a week or so ago. I was planning to get a gas GC but they are only available for $25 or $50 and I had a GS GC for some weird amount of dollars and cents, and I was able to purchase the Kohl's GC for that exact amount. If I recall correctly, the ones that the system won't allow are eBay and Amazon.

I have like $25 in GS rewards from the good ol'churning days. Does anyone know if those rewards can be used on a GC?

What Visa offer for free dining are you referring to?
Sorry! There is a special Free Dining offer to people who have the Disney Visa card. It allows check-ins for a week before the the regular free dining offer. We are checking in that week.

Does anyone know how long it takes for BJs to ship Disney gift cards? Their site says 3-5 business days, but someone commented on their review section saying that it took much longer to receive his gc's. We want them to help pay off our trip by July 19, so I want to make sure I will receive them in time. We live in NY.

I saw this asked a couple times when I searched but I never found an answer. I just turned Bed Bath and Beyond GCs into Disney. When I checked to see if they even carried Disney they only had the $25 ones but they must have restocked cuz when I went in today they had both the $50 and $25 Disney out. I did buy a greeting card for cash along with the gift cards (it's wedding season :) ) but cashier didn't bat an eye when I pulled out my stack of GC's to pay. No problems with the system and they're activated already.

Does anyone know how long it takes for BJs to ship Disney gift cards? Their site says 3-5 business days, but someone commented on their review section saying that it took much longer to receive his gc's. We want them to help pay off our trip by July 19, so I want to make sure I will receive them in time. We live in NY.

The last one I ordered on 6/22 arrived on 6/24. That was crazy fast. The one before that was 5/25 arrived 5/30. All mine have come from Massachusetts. But I've only been ordering one $100 at a time as I get discounted visa cards, so it's all USPS delivery. I'm in the Philly suburbs.

I just ordered one last night so I will update when I receive it.

I ordered $350 worth of Disney from BJ's last Wednesday and UPS delivered today.
Thank you! That sounds good! That would be 5 business days, which is within the time frame they state. I think we will go ahead and order them as we should have plenty of time to receive them before our payment due deadline.

The last one I ordered on 6/22 arrived on 6/24. That was crazy fast. The one before that was 5/25 arrived 5/30. All mine have come from Massachusetts. But I've only been ordering one $100 at a time as I get discounted visa cards, so it's all USPS delivery. I'm in the Philly suburbs.
Thank you for your reply! That is fast. I was afraid I would order $900 worth of gift cards and they would arrive after my final payment due date!

I saw this asked a couple times when I searched but I never found an answer. I just turned Bed Bath and Beyond GCs into Disney. When I checked to see if they even carried Disney they only had the $25 ones but they must have restocked cuz when I went in today they had both the $50 and $25 Disney out. I did buy a greeting card for cash along with the gift cards (it's wedding season :) ) but cashier didn't bat an eye when I pulled out my stack of GC's to pay. No problems with the system and they're activated already.

no way!! i thought you can't buy GCs with GCs there?!

Is there a place you are able to get the BB&B GC's at a good discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter