Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the answer to this? I'd like to book "free dining" under the Visa offer. I have no problem putting the $200 deposit on my Visa card, but I'd like to pay the balance with gift cards. Can I do that? I've not booked a regular Disney resort is forever ... is final payment due in advance or at the resort?

Yes you can pay the remaining with GC.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I'd like to book "free dining" under the Visa offer. I have no problem putting the $200 deposit on my Visa card, but I'd like to pay the balance with gift cards. Can I do that? I've not booked a regular Disney resort is forever ... is final payment due in advance or at the resort?

You can pay the balance with GC's and final payment will be due in advance. I cannot remember if it is 30 or 45 days before.

interesting- I bought some points and it showed as a valid purchase- hopefully it goes through as promised- going to try befrugal for another large purchase today since they have a big CB on an appliance I need

I checked my Giving Assistant account again. It showed the cash back credit on 5/4. It was reversed on 5/31.

I'm new to this thread. I came here after the BJs/Discover deal was discussed on TPAS board a while back.

I am ready to pull trigger on the deal, but I wanted to confirm that you get the extra 1% from eBates buying Disney Gift Cards from BJs.

I read back about almost 40 pages on this thread and it wasn't entirely clear if the 1% back works with eBates when buying Disney gift cards. Someone even posted a screen shot of the eBates terms that say no eBates on giftcards? Why all the hype on TPAS about eBates/DisneyGC/Discover if the eBates part doesn't work. I would be signing up for eBates just to do this.

I came here to find an answer from the experts!! Can you help me clear this up?

I got the 1% from Ebates. I wish I knew Mr Rebates was giving 3% I would have used that one but Ebates has confirmed my 1% - I shouldn't say confirmed. it shows pending for now.

did they say why?

They say "Your Sam's Club order was cancelled, $2 was debited from your account." My order wasn't cancelled. I assumed they pulled the cash back since their terms specifically exclude gift card purchases from earning cash back. The same thing happened last fall on my Staples orders. You might have different luck with BJ's however. Curious to know if that works for you.

ok- well I bought hotel points from points.com, so I would assume they will still post,as they had the offer up on their site. Looks good so far, but site says 15-90 day delay for vendor. If it works, that'll bring my hotel cost down even more!

Okay, so I am having a completely dumb moment right now... Is there any reason I would need to keep the cardboard packaging that the 3 packs of Disney gift cards come in?

The 4x fuel points for Vacation Category gift cards digital coupon works on Disney! Tried with a $50 and a $25 about an hour apart. The sign in my Kroger shows Southwest, Delta, Hotels.com, AirBnB, Carnival, Uber and a few others that I can't remember. And since the 4x fuel points for gift cards is still showing in my account as "expires today", I got extra points. 300 points for the $50 card and 150 for the $25.

Drat! I had a Disney GC in my hand and put it back after looking closely at the display because I didn't think it would count!! Well, thanks for the info anyway for future attempts.

Back in the "churning days" I know that Gamestop would allow gift cards - other than a couple of exceptions - to be purchased with their gift cards? Is that still the case? We have an xbox one and a wii system and games that I'm thinking of taking there to see what we could get for it. If I could get store credit and then later go in to get gift cards with it, I might go that route. If not, I'd have to take the cash offering, because we really don't spend much in there any longer.

What Visa offer for free dining are you referring to?

Is Customer Service at an actual store the only way to combine WalMart gift cards these days?

Back in the "churning days" I know that Gamestop would allow gift cards - other than a couple of exceptions - to be purchased with their gift cards? Is that still the case? We have an xbox one and a wii system and games that I'm thinking of taking there to see what we could get for it. If I could get store credit and then later go in to get gift cards with it, I might go that route. If not, I'd have to take the cash offering, because we really don't spend much in there any longer.
I can't remember which gift cards they still allow, but Disney is not one of them. I *think* you could still get Starbucks or maybe gas station, but I'm not 100% sure on that. It has been so long, they may not even allow any gc>gc anymore.

In my experience since the churning days, the still allow GC to GC purchases on pretty much everything aside from eBay, Amazon, or MC/Visa. So basically gas stations, restaurants, Southwest, etc. They don't sell Disney unfortunately but if they did, it would probably be allowed.

Disclaimer: This is still definitely YMMV. It's been a few months since I flipped a GC there so things could've changed and/or differ by location. Tread at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter