DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always forget about that since usually we buy ticket for enough days we are there. Guess you cant delay the start day to better align with your stay?

I always forget about that since usually we buy ticket for enough days we are there. Guess you cant delay the start day to better align with your stay?
I did, still needed the one day, no big deal. I just will not do a Halloween party. Lol. So they will loose $$$.

We did the Halloween party once. It was fun with a extra magic sprinkled in here and there. Based on this past years dates, not sure how far past November 1st they might go.

So I'm a Fort Wilderness convert but I stay in the Cabins with my dog because I am the complete opposite of a camping person. Can I join this fun gathering of excellent people? I have a cabin booked November 3-9.
I am not the wagon master, AKA the person in charge, but I dont think anyone would turn someone away that likes disney and the fort. Thats not in the camping spirit.

So I'm a Fort Wilderness convert but I stay in the Cabins with my dog because I am the complete opposite of a camping person. Can I join this fun gathering of excellent people? I have a cabin booked November 3-9.
I highlighted the important part. That's all you need to join this band of camping (cabin'ing) Fort Friends!

Arc- (@Bishoparc) Add them Sarah to the list!

We'll see you on the 3rd.

j

Last edited:
I highlighted the important part. That's all you need to join this band of camping (cabin'ing) Fort Friends!

Arc- (@Bishoparc) Add them to the list!

We'll see you on the 3rd.

j
Y’all are the best! I love FW so much, partly because everyone I’ve met there has been so kind! Can’t wait for this.

I’m Sarah btw.

Twenty-two years ago, we adopted, Lucy, a retired racing greyhound.
1707225450720.png

She was the BEST! Except for one tiny thing-every time we went on vacation, she got sick. She was a total mess. So, after two years of guilt-filled vacations, we decided to buy this:
1707225488569.png

A few years later, we moved up to this:
1707225673712.png

We had this RV for seventeen years, and we created terrific memories. Saw sights and sounds that we would have never experienced otherwise.

And this was the RV we were planning to travel to Disney in this coming fall.

However, last week, my husband and I started talking about our ageing RV (it was twenty-two years old), and we both admitted that the money we had been putting into it in order to keep it in great shape was growing in leaps and bounds. We called a local dealership. They were interested, and yesterday, we sold the RV.

So, last evening I cancelled our November campground reservations. Not sure if we will still come and hit the Disney hotel circuit in November or not. We still need to catch our breath.

Last edited:
I'm in the same position, Spencer.

We will be there 14 days and I priced out the 10 day hopper tickets. It was a little shocking. $900 when I think the same last trip 2 years ago was about $750. Ian is going to fly in and will probably still be there 9 or 10 days and he'll want to be in the park everyday. Donna is going to work one of the weeks, but will still want the option to go to the parks in the evening.

We've never done one of the water parks or mini-golf. We aren't into either. Ian and I would probably like the water park, but none of us care about mini-golf.

I probably do need to call Kenny and reserve a cart, but I didn't think November would be very busy, so I should have time.

November still seems so far off. I've been booking something for almost every other month starting in March, but knew I had the Fort locked up.

j
Just reading through. I found this sight on another thread here on this board. If you are buying a ticket for this long it might be worth looking into. It's a ticket that you buy on the UK sight but all reports on the other feed is that you don't have to be a UK resident. https://www.attractiontickets.com/e...walt-disney-world-resort/disney-14-day-ticket.

Just reading through. I found this sight on another thread here on this board. If you are buying a ticket for this long it might be worth looking into. It's a ticket that you buy on the UK sight but all reports on the other feed is that you don't have to be a UK resident. https://www.attractiontickets.com/e...walt-disney-world-resort/disney-14-day-ticket.
I did something similar when I went to DLP last year. Buying in Euros from a European link saved me a little money.

But my understanding is WDW requires you to show some form of ID when first using the international tickets. You may not have to be a UK resident, but I think you can't be a US resident.

EDIT: I'm checking out the link and I can't find anything that says you can't be a US resident. It says you link the eTicket within MDE. The exchange rate is good right now between the pound and dollar. The 14 day Hopper ticket comes out to $718 and this also includes the water parks. That's a pretty significant savings. I'm going to message them to confirm there are no exclusions for US residents.

j

Last edited:
I did something similar when I went to DLP last year. Buying in Euros from a European link saved me a little money.

But my understanding is WDW requires you to show some form of ID when first using the international tickets. You may not have to be a UK resident, but I think you can't be a US resident.

EDIT: I'm checking out the link and I can't find anything that says you can't be a US resident. It says you link the eTicket within MDE. The exchange rate is good right now between the pound and dollar. The 14 day Hopper ticket comes out to $718 and this also includes the water parks. That's a pretty significant savings. I'm going to message them to confirm there are no exclusions for US residents.

j
https://www.disboards.com/threads/buying-from-attraction-tickets.3933992/#post-65148551

Here is the link I originally found. multiple people says it works for US residents. Have a great trip.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/buying-from-attraction-tickets.3933992/#post-65148551

Here is the link I originally found. multiple people says it works for US residents. Have a great trip.
Thanks Camilla,

The DIS Board post you included discusses using the UK tickets for someone coming from Australia. I checked out the ticket site. It gives you the option to select from a few countries, including USA. The UK version has the great deal on the 14 day Hopper/Water Parks/ MiniGolf tickets, but it also says "Created exclusively for UK and Irish holidaymakers". The other non-USA versions of the site (Germany, Australia, Netherlands) offer WDW tickets up to 10 days, like US tickets. Interestingly, when I select "English United States $ USD", no WDW options come up.

1707255811602.png

MDE also has a "Country" selection and billing and shipping address in your account settings.

I've read prior, when people from the US have tried using the non-US tickets being turned away. Since it worked for someone from Australia to use UK bought tickets, I suspect Disney tech is only smart enough to detect those of us from the US trying to cheat the mouse.

$150/ticket is a nice savings, I don't think I'm going to risk $718/ticket to see.

You also have a magical trip.

j

Thanks Camilla,

The DIS Board post you included discusses using the UK tickets for someone coming from Australia. I checked out the ticket site. It gives you the option to select from a few countries, including USA. The UK version has the great deal on the 14 day Hopper/Water Parks/ MiniGolf tickets, but it also says "Created exclusively for UK and Irish holidaymakers". The other non-USA versions of the site (Germany, Australia, Netherlands) offer WDW tickets up to 10 days, like US tickets. Interestingly, when I select "English United States $ USD", no WDW options come up.

View attachment 832066

MDE also has a "Country" selection and billing and shipping address in your account settings.

I've read prior, when people from the US have tried using the non-US tickets being turned away. Since it worked for someone from Australia to use UK bought tickets, I suspect Disney tech is only smart enough to detect those of us from the US trying to cheat the mouse.

$150/ticket is a nice savings, I don't think I'm going to risk $718/ticket to see.

You also have a magical trip.

j
You got better eyes then me. Sorry for making you dig. Sometimes when the deal it too good, it really is.

@cruising spud,

I understand your decision.

When the DISMeet rolls around in several months, I hope you can still join us. Have you considered possibly renting a trailer to put on a campsite as a temporary solution?

I saw from your dates on post #1 of this thread that you planned to come for almost two weeks. But I checked this morning and I saw Tent/Full/Premium sites still available for your original dates.

Good luck to you down the road.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I understand your decision.

When the DISMeet rolls around in several months, I hope you can still join us. Have you considered possibly renting a trailer to put on a campsite as a temporary solution?

I saw from your dates on post #1 of this thread that you planned to come for almost two weeks. But I checked this morning and I saw Tent/Full/Premium sites still available for your original dates.

Good luck to you down the road.

Bama Ed

Ed, I would love to see everyone in November. Actually, this is this biggest disappointment of selling our rv. I was looking at hotels yesterday. I am still looking at options. Thanks for the input.

So our last actual "official" meetup as a big group at the Fort was in October of 2020. How do we feel about doing another in 2024? This would give us 2 years to save/plan. I'll volunteer to be ring leader unless someone else wants to. Was just thinking we're about due for another roundup at the Fort but wanted to give everyone enough time to make sure they could fit it in their schedule.

Main Activities
  • Meet & Greet/Potluck
    • Monday 11/4/2024 6P - Site TBD
  • Group HDDR - TBD

UsernameArrivalDepartureLoop Type
@Bishoparc11/211/10Premium
@tigger9266211/211/10Premium
@Teamubr11/211/16Full
@Sjm991110/2811/8Full
@jbrostek11/311/16Full
@garneska11/211/16Full
@BenitaN11/211/10Full
@bama_ed10/3011/11Full
@Part-Time Paradise11/411/10Full
@cruising spud11/111/13Full
@407711/211/9Full
@Boomer111/211/16Full
@MrsPAHunter11/311/16Premium
@himandher818
@serenitygr
@tripleb11/211/9Full
@team bradfield11/411/21Premium
@Disneypeach10/2011/16
@GA WDW Fan10/2611/9Full
@JETS7010/2711/9Premium
@TheRustyScupper
Count the wife and I "in".
We are locals, so any dates will work for us.
Our plan is to rent a cabin for 1-2 nights (11/3-11/4?
We would camp, but the ONLY "camp" I know is a Japanese Godzilla movie.
(This is even after being a Concierge at FW during 2005-2007.)

I ran my mouth over on the Chit Chat thread and have come up with some cohorts in crime already. We are going to have a Putt Putt Challenge during the DISMeet open to all comers. Hopefully over at the Fairways course near the Swolphin and hopefully during the day of 11/4 which is the get-together/meet-and-greet/potluck date. I will start a separate thread soon on the Community board to facilitate pulling this off.

The Rules Committee will have to come up with rules while the Membership Committee gets putters to commit to the event. We will need a Marshal Committee to keep the throngs of spectators off the course and quiet during shots.

More to come. The 11/4 date is tentative.

Hit 'em straight. ⛳

Ed

I'm not sure if we'll be on property in time for a putt putt challenge. It depends on if DD makes state CC. If she makes it, (un)fortunately, we'll have to leave the KC area around 2 pm on 11/2. If she doesn't we'll leave in the afternoon of 11/1.

Regardless, I'll help drink fermented beverages in the evening.

I just snagged my tickets today (5 day park hoppers) and made park reservations. Excitement is building. 250 days and counting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter