DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bishoparc

DIS Veteran
So our last actual "official" meetup as a big group at the Fort was in October of 2020. How do we feel about doing another in 2024? This would give us 2 years to save/plan. I'll volunteer to be ring leader unless someone else wants to. Was just thinking we're about due for another roundup at the Fort but wanted to give everyone enough time to make sure they could fit it in their schedule.

Main Activities
  • Meet & Greet/Potluck
    • Monday 11/4/2024 6P - Site TBD
  • Group HDDR - TBD

UsernameArrivalDepartureLoop Type
@Bishoparc11/211/10Premium
@tigger9266211/211/10Premium
@Teamubr11/211/16Full
@Sjm991110/2811/8Full
@jbrostek11/311/16Full
@garneska11/211/16Full
@BenitaN11/211/10Premium
@bama_ed10/3011/11Full
@Part-Time Paradise11/411/10Full
@cruising spud11/111/13Full
@407711/211/9Full
@Boomer111/211/16Full
@MrsPAHunter11/311/16Premium
@himandher818
@serenitygr
@tripleb11/211/9Full
@team bradfield11/411/21Premium
@Disneypeach10/2011/16
@GA WDW Fan10/2611/9Full
@JETS7010/2711/9Premium
@TheRustyScupper11/311/5Cabin
@champagne&disney 11/311/9Cabin

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this, Arc!

I know it doesn't work with kids/school schedules, but I'd prefer a cooler, non-holiday week. March is usually pretty good (and cheap if Easter isn't too close). I've never been down for Christmas decorations, so I also picked the November and December weeks. Weather should be decent and those weeks are far enough away from Thanksgiving/Christmas for the crowds to be reasonable.

j

We missed the first one due to Covid 😞 I always vote October simply because that’s the only time I can leave home for that long! But two years from now? My kids will all be graduated- possibly even married! 😳 so I might be open to anything by then!

I put in votes for Oct-Nov-Dec-Jan dates. In a general sense, those are my preferred times of the year to be at WDW.

2024 is a long ways off but since we will be at the Fort later this year, '23 could be a skip year before considering a possible return visit to the Fort.

A couple observations about dates:

1. The days following MLK Day itself are some of the best rates in that winter window time frame and that goes for almost two weeks before they jack up the Feb rates.
2. President's Day weekend usually has a Run Disney full or half marathon (Princess?) and the Fort always books full well in advance for that event.
3. Personally we would not go for a September date. No way no how.
4. Prioritizing the dates I voted for is Nov, Jan, Dec (pricier), Oct.

Thanks for tossing this idea out there, Arc.

ED

The meeting last year was pretty good. until I had to the hospital. This year is going to be epic in Gettysburg. Alot of people committed to this, then the excuses came. And that was before gas went up. I know things change and work gets in the way. Just bustin chops. Maybe by 2024 I can walk more than a half mile or so. but the heat is killing my skin for now. We are cancelling our 2023 trip, I am not up to it even with DAS assistance.

If I could join y'all, I would prefer Nov or Dec. because of the decorations. Arnold & myself enjoyed Jan or Feb. Less crowds then & the weather was ideal. Who knows, something wonderful might happen & I can join the group. Would have to rent a camper. Hey, a girl can dream - right!

The meeting last year was pretty good. until I had to the hospital. This year is going to be epic in Gettysburg. Alot of people committed to this, then the excuses came. And that was before gas went up. I know things change and work gets in the way. Just bustin chops. Maybe by 2024 I can walk more than a half mile or so. but the heat is killing my skin for now. We are cancelling our 2023 trip, I am not up to it even with DAS assistance.
Yeah…. I previously never committed to any of the DIS meets informal or otherwise because I didn’t have vacation time ready scheduled with my employer (except our small meet in Lake George 2020 because I DID have that vacation time booked with work all ready). Took a chance with Gettysburg without work vaca all ready scheduled and that was a bust. Won’t do that again, so not sure when I’ll make one again, but future will be vacation time approved/set first, THEN the “yes I’ll go….”

October is a great time for Disney ... we have almost always booked Disney in October ... way back to 1974. We are going this year in October 8-) Count on us for a October Dismeet.

October is a great time for Disney ... we have almost always booked Disney in October ... way back to 1974. We are going this year in October 8-) Count on us for a October Dismeet.
I agree that October is great (but admittedly I also still like the warmer weather). I don’t have a bone here because kids and school, so not voting, but I like joining the conversation about times to go….

We go March 2023 so I'm afraid, with Disney's skyrocketing prices and oldest DD will be in college it might not work for us. I'll keep up with it as it goes however.

Teresa and I would love to meet everyone at the Fort for a Dismeet. We are pretty set on last week of October thru first week of November so we vote for the week of November 4th.

Steve and Teresa

November 4th may work for us as I think thats jersey week and the kido will have half days. She will not ve a kido in 2 years though. So , If its this time , I may go.

Ok, looks like we are tied for October 7 and November 4. For those that voted, is there anyone that that picking between one of those weeks would preclude you from being able to attend? I know we're never going to be able to accommodate everyone but trying to get as many in as we can. To do a group at the Fort we'll need to have a decent size group so we can get a loop reserved for us. I'm leaning towards November 4 for the cooler temperatures. Thanks everyone for responding. Hoping we can get this together!

Ok, looks like we are tied for October 7 and November 4. For those that voted, is there anyone that that picking between one of those weeks would preclude you from being able to attend? I know we're never going to be able to accommodate everyone but trying to get as many in as we can. To do a group at the Fort we'll need to have a decent size group so we can get a loop reserved for us. I'm leaning towards November 4 for the cooler temperatures. Thanks everyone for responding. Hoping we can get this together!

I do recall that at our most recent Fort DISMeet, the "Rendezvous at the Fort" 2020 in 1100 loop which was in early October, the first part of the week was hot, humid, moist, rainy and generally uncomfortable.

Then we had a system come through with cooler, dryer air for the rest of the week.

When I camp I'm outdoors more often than not so that's why I voted for November in the first place. Of course I understand if people have work/school commitments or vacation limitations.

ED

PS - another dynamic ("moving pieces") I've noticed over the years is that large numbers of folks come in to stay at the Fort through Halloween (10/31) and thus when it's over, November 1 has been a YUGE checkout day. As in half the Fort guests leave on 11/1. However, in 2024, Halloween is on a Thursday night so 11/1 would be a Friday. But then the weekend dynamic kicks in and people might stay till Sunday 11/3 (many locals come in for Halloween so might stay through the weekend and go home Sunday afternoon). So 11/3 or 11/4 is a good choice for starting a November DISMeet.

We have always enjoyed October because of the Wine and Food Festival but, November would work for us also.

I’m retired so can go whenever although my favorite time is Halloween into early Nov to see all the decorations both in the parks and in the Fort!

Halloween is getting to be so hard to book, I’ve asked Dreamsunlimited TA to try to snag it at 500 days for me next year but so far she hasn’t been able to do it.

Donna said she won't go in October again. We went 4 years in a row in September or October. It's still pretty hot.
I'd also like to try November to see the Christmas decorations. We've never been down for Christmas.

j

Last edited:
Donna said she won't go in October again. We went 4 years in a row in September or October. It's still pretty hot.
I'd also like to try November to see the Christmas decorations. We've never been down for Christmas.

j
We have been a couple of times during and near Christmas. It is something that any Disney "nut" should experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter