DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One note on the golf cart rentals. During our recent Halloween stay, Disney allowed outside vendors to deliver carts to the overflow lot inside the Fort. No explanation was given as to why the change of heart. I thought maybe they allowed it during this time due to the high demand and Disney not having enough carts to fill that demand. Disney rented their entire fleet out so why not let outside vendors try and fill the remaining need.

Steve

Good call. We struggled a lot this past week in full 1600 loop. Am considering changing for the meet but have not decided yet.
We stayed in the 1700 loop during our no parks stay in August. Other than our stays in the 100 and 200 loops (in our teardrop camper), this is our only stay in a full hook up site. During this time, we thoroughly enjoyed the site and loop. This was not a busy time. With that being said, our experiences at the Fort during Halloween and the week after, I'm not sure that I would want a full hook up site. All the loops have their difficult sites, but at least with the premium sites, you do have the advantage of the wider concrete pads. When having to back in at a shallower angle due to decorations and cars, I do believe that the wider concrete opening of the premium sites makes backing easier.

Steve

Last edited:

Well... bummer... we will be at the fort Oct 16- 30ish. I didn't vote since we fall outside of the options.

Ok ,almost time to start really planning! We still need to buy tickets and golf cart rental. So, they have a sports and waterpark package. Its only like 70 more per person and you can go to the waterpark for a day or two. I know this is weather dependent. 2 years ago was in the 60s so too cold. 2 years before that it was in the 90s. So I have a 50 50 shot. Otherwise we will be playing a lot of mini gold to make up for it, lol. I am also debating the park hoppers and less days at the parks. This way we can hop to MK after dinner. We will probably get 6 day tickets. I will start saving now, lol. Anyone ever been to the water park? Worth it or not?

I'm in the same position, Spencer.

We will be there 14 days and I priced out the 10 day hopper tickets. It was a little shocking. $900 when I think the same last trip 2 years ago was about $750. Ian is going to fly in and will probably still be there 9 or 10 days and he'll want to be in the park everyday. Donna is going to work one of the weeks, but will still want the option to go to the parks in the evening.

We've never done one of the water parks or mini-golf. We aren't into either. Ian and I would probably like the water park, but none of us care about mini-golf.

I probably do need to call Kenny and reserve a cart, but I didn't think November would be very busy, so I should have time.

November still seems so far off. I've been booking something for almost every other month starting in March, but knew I had the Fort locked up.

j

Last edited:
I am still planning California, however, I should at least plan my overnight stops for down and back. Part of that is dependent weather I have a convoy or not rolling southbound. I guess I should sort that out and make some reservations.

Because of DVC I skip the up charge for water/sports because I can get discounted water park tickets. I like it because it allows for me to decide when there if we want to go or not. This visit I will probably get an annual pass as I am sure I am going back within the year. Not cheap, yet already know 14 days is about the break even point for the DVC pass (not worried about blackout dates since not in the plan.)

Golf cart wise I am not sure if I will rent or see if I can bring a friends down with me.

Interesting that the Fort rentals are more than regular. And it may be a typo, but Fort rentals are more weekly and monthly, but less daily than the non-Fort rentals.

1705601770099.png

Either way, I called Kenny and got a cart. 13 days for $481.50 all in. You do have to go off site to pick up/drop off unless he has one already at the Fort or a same day rental when you are done.

j

Interesting that the Fort rentals are more than regular. And it may be a typo, but Fort rentals are more weekly and monthly, but less daily than the non-Fort rentals.

View attachment 826837

Either way, I called Kenny and got a cart. 13 days for $481.50 all in. You do have to go off site to pick up/drop off unless he has one already at the Fort or a same day rental when you are done.

j
I know thats why I went with the other, drop off and pick up in the overflow lot. For me thats big, hope it stays that way.

I will check this out. We have never rented (or drove) a golf cart before.
Its atually pretty fun, and a great way to get around, the fort golf carts are way more expensive. We still rented from them a few times in the past, but were budgeting more this year. Best is, get some dollar store battery lights and some zip ties and you have a light up buggy. Really awesome way to see the fort, and lookie loo everyones camp set up.

Starting to lock in more travel plans. I normally will find a Harvest Host site for a quick overnight while on the road. We have done that most trips heading south and have had some great stays at farms, wineries, breweries, churches and such. The problem is many don't have late hours, so I have to make sure I get there before they close. For those unfamiliar with HH, these are generally businesses that allow you to stay over night with the "recommendation" of patronizing the business and spending at least $30 (was $20 until last year). Most have no hookups. Not a bad deal, especially if you were planning on dinner/drinks or whatever and much cheaper than a private CG.

For this years Fort trip, I found a HH place between Lake City and Gainesville, but it closed at 6pm. That would be pushing it, but in the description it said there was a state park within 5 miles. Florida state parks are fairly cheap, so I checked it out.

O'Leno State Park is a few miles off I-75, about half way between Lake City and Gainesville and 2.5 hours from the Fort. 50amp electric w/ water for $35 tax, service fees and everything. So there I'll be on Friday November 1st and I can arrive as late as I need.

1706028187681.png

j

Last edited:
Nice find! So first I should call Kenny on a rental. Less work then trying to bring down a friends cart. After that I need to see if I will have a convoy southbound or not to consider departure and travel times.

I think I am going with 6 day park hopper tickets. Unfortunately since I didnt book them with the site they can not extend the use to the day before we leave. I teied to explain, we may or may not do a party, depending on the night, and that its hard to book 2 years out. They dont care, lol. Such is the life of a big mouse.......q

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter