Disboards Crop Feb 4, 2011

Hi everyone! This is my first crop here...hoping to get some pages done tonight! I am working on a variety of different things...trip to Disney, summer vacation, our wedding, last xmas..I tend to jump around so I don't get bored doing a particular topic. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

I am going to work on the questions now!

Welcome aboard Laurie!!!!

welcome to crazy town Laurie :lmao: we have lots of fun here!!!

Disboard Name: Hockeygirl

Prefer to be called(on the boards): Laurie

When did you first start scrapping? about 5-6 years ago, can't remember exactly.

What got you started? my sister started scrapping and dragged me to a local store with there and I was hooked!!

Why do you scrap? to preserve the memories, and as a creative outlet

Do you make simple or complex pages? I would say my pages are pretty simple, although I try to do more complex ones once in awhile.

Do you like your handwriting? I like my handwriting and tend to do most of my journaling on my pages in my own handwriting.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? some form of pink!

What is your favorite scrap snack? potato chips

What place would you like to visit and scrap about? Italy..I have always wanted to go there!

Would you rather take pictures or be in them? I would def. rather take them.

Give one word that best describes you. determined....I am determined to get most things that I want to do done!

Fraction homework is done!! Yea! Science homework and DARE homework is being done now, but not much help is needed on that. Are we supposed to be cropping ? (Did i mention I am sarcastic?)

For the ones that say - I wish I was in more pics - I make a point to hand my camera to my hubby & have him get a few of me - all posed but at least I know I was there (then I try to remember not to wear certain outfits again or restart my dieting again)

Please answer as many of the following questions as you are comfortable with- if you can title the post with youre disboard name that would be great. See the first post for instructions.

Disboard Name: pjlla

Prefer to be called(on the boards): P or Pamela

When did you first start scrapping? I have scrapbooks I made as a young teen. My first scrapbook is actually from my first trip to Disney in 1974. Just photos and cut-outs from brochures and pamphlets that were taped and glued into a craftpaper scrapbook. Journaling done in ballpoint pen.

What got you started? Well... I've always been a nut about "remembering" and "preserving memories". I started what we would consider "modern" scrapbooking when DD was born in 1995.

Why do you scrap? So my kids can remember their childhood... so people years from now know what our lives were like. I would give lots of $ to have a scrapbook from when my grandfather was a kid..... or a teen, or even a young adult.

Do you make simple or complex pages? Mostly simple. Pictures, mats, titles, journaling, and a touch of something "extra". That is usually about it.

Do you like your handwriting? Nope, hate it. But I have been forcing myself to include in occasionally.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Easy..... PINK!!

What is your favorite scrap snack? I tend to NOT eat when scrapping. If I were out scrapping somewhere I would want something neat and light... it would be too easy to eat mindlessly while working. Usually I keep a drink handy though... iced coffee or seltzer in the summer, coffee or tea this time of year.

What place would you like to visit and scrap about? The list is SO LONG! Probably number one on my list is Austria... has been a dream of mine since I fell in love with The Sound of Music in 4th grade. Second would be to see the Egyptian pyramids.

Would you rather take pictures or be in them? NEITHER! I'm a lousy photographer and I hate having my picture taken.... but since I've lost some weight I don't mind it as much as I used to.

Give one word that best describes you. Organized.

I'm off to read other people's responses!........................P

Hi everyone! This is my first crop here...hoping to get some pages done tonight! I am working on a variety of different things...trip to Disney, summer vacation, our wedding, last xmas..I tend to jump around so I don't get bored doing a particular topic. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

I am going to work on the questions now!

Welcome- we are happy to have you with us and get to know you!

Rebecca

For the ones that say - I wish I was in more pics - I make a point to hand my camera to my hubby & have him get a few of me - all posed but at least I know I was there (then I try to remember not to wear certain outfits again or restart my dieting again)

this is a great tip! I started doing this recently because every time I scrapped I realized that I had hardly any pictures of me. Now I need to work on getting pictures of the two of us...I don't get a lot of those!

Disboard Name: pjlla

What is your favorite scrap snack? I tend to NOT eat when scrapping. If I were out scrapping somewhere I would want something neat and light... it would be too easy to eat mindlessly while working. Usually I keep a drink handy though... iced coffee or seltzer in the summer, coffee or tea this time of year.

Give one word that best describes you. Organized.

She's the Yin to my Yang. We are so opposite but get along so well. I love it!

I'm usually only in a few photos for each vacation since I'm the one taking most of the pictures. But, on our WDW trip in November, we pre-purchased the photopass CD and it was so wonderful to have most of the photos taken by the photopass photographer. And, now that I'm scrapping the trip, it looks like I really was on the trip this time!

Disboard Name: bearbear

Prefer to be called(on the boards): cindy is fine

When did you first start scrapping? I started scrapping when my son was a couple months old and now he will be 10 in june

What got you started? looking in the stores and thought it would be fun then went to a creative memories party and was hooked. That consultant is one of my good friends not

Why do you scrap? I do it for my kids. They love to look at them together. it is probably the only time they don't fight

Do you make simple or complex pages? I try to do simple but with the cricut they become complex
Do you like your handwriting? sometimes. when I have a headache i tend to write very small

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? green

What is your favorite scrap snack? used to be m&m and pretzels but now they come together.

What place would you like to visit and scrap about? not sure

Would you rather take pictures or be in them? I usually take pictures, but dh does a good job to make sure I'm in some

Give one word that best describes you. sucker. can't seem to say no

Pamela--did you know that when you go to Austria you can visit some of the places where "Sound of Music" was filmed. I loved twirling on the hillside :)

"Sound of Music" has always been my favorite movie, closely followed by "Gone with the Wind" and "Beauty & the Beast"

when we go to DIsney DH and I now both carry a camera A) because it's easy to snap pics of each other and B) because we tend to see things differently so it's a nice balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter