Disboards Crop Feb 4, 2011

The first challenge is due in the morning, is that right? Doing homework help so a little distracted right now! Fractions:scared1:

Yes it is not due till the morning- one things some people said is that they have trouble doing things in a short time so we made 1 challenge last for the duration of the crop and into tomorrow. The others will have a time when they are due.

Please answer as many of the following questions as you are comfortable with- if you can title the post with youre disboard name that would be great. See the first post for instructions.

Disboard Name:mommy2mrb

Prefer to be called(on the boards): Lisa

When did you first start scrapping?july 1999

What got you started? getting pregnant with Megan

Why do you scrap? to preserve our memories & its FUN!!!

Do you make simple or complex pages? depends on the subject

Do you like your handwriting?for the most part

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?RED

What is your favorite scrap snack? carmels

What place would you like to visit and scrap about?Hawaii

Would you rather take pictures or be in them?take them

Give one word that best describes you.Loyal

Disboard Name: bigbabyblues

Prefer to be called(on the boards): Steph

When did you first start scrapping? 1997/1998

What got you started? A new neighbor was just getting started as a CM consultant, and she invited me to a party she was having. I called to decline, but she was so excited because there were 4 people coming. I couldn't let her have only 4, so I went.

Why do you scrap? To keep a record of the things we've done, places we've gone, etc.

Do you make simple or complex pages? Usually simple

Do you like your handwriting? No, but people at crops tell me I have nice handwriting

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? purple

What is your favorite scrap snack? chips and taco dip

What place would you like to visit and scrap about? There isn't really any place I haven't been that I want to visit. I like scrapping beach and Disney.

Would you rather take pictures or be in them? I used to take them all until my DH got our DSLR (it was supposed to be mine, lol), now he takes almost all of them. I like it either way, but I don't always like the pics of me.

Give one word that best describes you. ??? I'll have to think on that one

Please answer as many of the following questions as you are comfortable with- if you can title the post with youre disboard name that would be great. See the first post for instructions.

Disboard Name:wdwmickey or wdwm

Prefer to be called(on the boards):Cheryl

When did you first start scrapping?15 years ago

What got you started? A Creative Memories party. My first page was the girls at the beach

Why do you scrap?I like to see our family memories in a safe place with the stories next to the pictures. I almost always handwrite my journalling. My dad died when I was 13; I have very few pictures (he was always the photog) and I don't have any samples of his handwriting.

Do you make simple or complex pages?Mostly simple, I like lots of pictures on the page. I want the pictures to tell the story and not be overwhelemed by embellishments. Remember, I started as CM girl so I mostly crop the CM way, although I am becoming much more adventurous since I began swapping :)

Do you like your handwriting? Yes!!!!!

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?Purple

What is your favorite scrap snack?M & Ms, or pretzels

What place would you like to visit and scrap about?The Carribean and Alaska

Would you rather take pictures or be in them? I much prefer to take pictures, but, I try to make sure there are pictures of me too. In some of our albums I am "missing"

Give one word that best describes you.
content

Disboard Name: Reddy

Prefer to be called(on the boards):Reddy

When did you first start scrapping?had to go pull the album - spring 2006

What got you started? looking for something to do - was a stay at home mom at the time

Why do you scrap? love it

Do you make simple or complex pages? I'm moody so both

Do you like your handwriting? no - why hate journeling

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?red to match my hair

What is your favorite scrap snack? nuts

What place would you like to visit and scrap about? Disney

Would you rather take pictures or be in them? what is my wiegh at the time to taking??

Give one word that best describes you - friendly

Steph--how do you eat chips & salsa while you're cropping? I would drip on my pages ;)

Disboard Name:JJ&JHsmom

Prefer to be called(on the boards):Cassey

When did you first start scrapping? about 10 years ago

What got you started? too many pictures in boxes

Why do you scrap? I love being creative and want to tell the stories to go with the pictures.

Do you make simple or complex pages? depends on my mood.

Do you like your handwriting? NO!!! Which is why I computer journal

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Bright Lime Green

What is your favorite scrap snack? Chocolate

What place would you like to visit and scrap about? Russia

Would you rather take pictures or be in them? Take them, don't like the way I look in pictures.

Give one word that best describes you. DS says moody.

Steph--how do you eat chips & salsa while you're cropping? I would drip on my pages ;)

I run back and forth to the kitchen, especially when I'm using the cricut. :rotfl: (This might explain why I don't finish many pages these days).

No food at the scrap table for me, I'm WAY too messy. My pages would be embellished with dip. Plus, my table is too small.

here is my LO...haven't adhered anything to the pages yet....what do you think????

P1050277.jpg

Disboard Name: Jacksmomma

Prefer to be called(on the boards): Jacksmomma

When did you first start scrapping? 2005, my BFF told me to give it a try. After I completed my first album I was hooked. Now I scrap a lot more than she does!

What got you started? Going to the scrap store with my BFF and seeing all the fun papers and stickers

Why do you scrap? I love having a creative outlet and preserving memories. I am a picture person, I love looking at photos, so this is a natural fit.

Do you make simple or complex pages? Both, though usually I make them too complex and it slows down my progress

Do you like your handwriting? I have grown to accept it. I love to journal, so it is growing on me.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Popular color here...RED!

What is your favorite scrap snack? Um...fruit salad, though I usually do not eat when scrapping

What place would you like to visit and scrap about? China or Ireland

Would you rather take pictures or be in them? Both...DH and I have very different photography styles, so I try to make sure we are both behind the lens at some point.

Give one word that best describes you: loving

I love the layout.

Just checking in. I will be in and out most of the night. Have tons of stuff I need to do here and DH is not feeling well.

Hope you all make lots of layouts.

Disboard Name: DisneyIsTerrific

Prefer to be called(on the boards): Stephanie

When did you first start scrapping? in 2003

What got you started? We had just moved here and I was bored and lonely. I've always taken lots of photos and when I found a scrapbook store and a Ben Franklin's (both are gone now) with lots of pretty papers, I decided to try scrapbooking.

Why do you scrap? I enjoy the process of creating a nice way for us to look back on our memories

Do you make simple or complex pages? mostly simple with a complex one thrown in there every once in a while!

Do you like your handwriting? no, but at least I can read it, unlike DS's!

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? pink

What is your favorite scrap snack? Hershey Kisses

What place would you like to visit and scrap about? Alaska would be pretty cool

Would you rather take pictures or be in them? I prefer to take them, but I also like sharing that duty so that I'm actually in some of them too.

Give one word that best describes you. I couldn't decide so I asked DH. He said "enthusiastic"

Disboard Name: Joyah

Prefer to be called(on the boards): Christy

When did you first start scrapping? 4 years ago

What got you started? My friend dragged me kicking and scraming to one of her crops she's a SU rep

Why do you scrap? memories

Do you make simple or complex pages? simple mostly

Do you like your handwriting? no but everyone else says they do

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? red??

What is your favorite scrap snack? red twizzlers

What place would you like to visit and scrap about? national parks my dream for retirement is to go to EVERY one

Would you rather take pictures or be in them? take them I'm to fat and the rest of my family are bean poles

Give one word that best describes you. ???? don't really know

Disboard Name:dacky041208

Prefer to be called(on the boards):dacky or Vicky both work for me!

When did you first start scrapping? the summer of 2001...I scrapped my senior year of hs.

What got you started? I had a tendency to keep things...brochures, napkins, etc...and I took a ton of pictures and wanted to show them off! The book makes me laugh now looking back at it. :)

Why do you scrap? It makes me extremely happy. Walking through my pictures helps me to remember the happenings of that event and the way I felt at that time. I also love sharing them with family and friends. Right now I really only stick to our vacations but I know that someday I'll expand to other topics (like when we finally buy a new house, have babies...).

Do you make simple or complex pages? I'd say mostly simple but I'm trying to get more complex. I tend to avoid patterned paper which frustrates me because it's so pretty! Joining the swaps here on the dis has definitely helped to improve my work.

Do you like your handwriting? not at all. In 5th grade, my catholic school teacher informed me I had "public school handwriting" and she meant it as a knock because I don't write on a slant....although I still don't understand what she meant by that, that is what I think of when I think of my writing.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Victoria Lilac! haha It was the color of my bridesmaid's dresses....and very much my favorite color!

What is your favorite scrap snack? hmmm I don't eat so much as guzzle down iced tea.

What place would you like to visit and scrap about? DISNEYLAND! and hawaii.....possibly 2012???

Would you rather take pictures or be in them? I prefer to take pictures anymore but years ago I was all about the "floating headshots" with my friends.

Give one word that best describes you. I was once told I was "overwhelming" I take that to mean stunning, amazing, astounding. lol

I run back and forth to the kitchen, especially when I'm using the cricut. :rotfl: (This might explain why I don't finish many pages these days).

No food at the scrap table for me, I'm WAY too messy. My pages would be embellished with dip. Plus, my table is too small.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter