DIS online crop ~ 3/4/11 OPEN

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Good Afternoon!!!

I will be posting this currently so that we can get started promptly at 4pm.

I agreed to host prior to tournament games which would determine when/if we played later this week. Of course once I agreed to host both teams we follow.. our high school and my DS10's basketball teams advanced in their tournament play! So, tonight we are leaving about 6:30pm for the HS game and tomorrow morning my DS10 plays for the championship of his tournament!
Buffy will be around to help me out and Rebecca will be popping in later too. I will make sure Buffy knows what is going on and what Bingo words have been called and what's left... :)

So, please bare with me as I am not accustomed to hosting the online crops...

Our Schedule- I will add in the actual challenges as the time for each arrives:

4pm- welcome to the crop- 1st challenge posted(not due until tomorrow)
We will be putting each challenge in the first post for easy access for all croppers during the crop. * it will be noted in RED*

Challenge 1- this is due by tomorrow morning at NOON - you have all night to finish it
Challenge 1
1. Use 5 or more colors
2. a paper piecing
3. glitter

5pm- Bingo will start. Please ask Rebecca or another member who has played how this works.. I misunderstood how it worked...
Here are the list of words that are being used tonight... You must cross of alll the words on your list to call BINGO!

The list:
Brads
Eyelets
Glitter
Bling
Stickers
Ink
Chalk
Flowers
Gemstones
Buttons
Chipboard
Handwriting
Stamp
Pearls
Stickles
Glimmer Mist
Ribbon
Fiber
Stencils
Distressing

8pm- time challenge(8pm to 10pm) - due at 10pm, post by 10:30
Here is our first timed challenge- you can make anything you would like- a card, a page, an altered item, anything you want- even a swap item.

Use each of the following:

1- chalk or ink
2- a decorated shape
3- at least 3 papers

finish the challenge by 10pm- post your piece by 10:30pm

10pm- scrap challenge(10pm to 11:30pm) - due at 11:30pm, post by midnight
Make something using scraps from tonight or a swap item

Midnight ~ crop officially ends

I will also ask questions periodically just to keep the chatter going (not that we have trouble chatting around here! LOL) I will post those questions in post#2 as well as in the thread when asked... that way any one late to the party can answer the questions if they would like...

Then in post#3 we will have the challenge winners.. Remember Challenge 1 winner will not be determined until tomorrow after noon.

Ok, I think that is it... again, please go easy on me!

Get to know you questions...

5PM: What is your favorite embellishment and why??

8pmish: What techniques do you like to use in scrapping? Do you use them often?

Challenge Winners:

Challenge 1: TBD tomorrow around 12:30pm

Challenge 2 (8-10pm)- Disney-akj- great page with glimmer mist of winter snow- pg 9/10 has the picture

Challenge 4 (10-11:30pm)

:welcome:

Here we go!!

I have added the first challenge in the first post.. and I'll add it here!!!

Challenge 1- this is due by tomorrow morning at NOON - you have all night to finish it
Challenge 1
1. Use 5 or more colors
2. a paper piecing
3. glitter

Ok, so who is working on what???

I'm going to be cleaning my area so I can start on a few pages before we leave.. or at least that is the goal.. I've got to make dinner too!!!:laughing::scared1:

I am here- I will be pulling out a book to try out in a few minutes. I will be on and off for the next bit depending on if dad is up or not and I still have to make some dinner.

Rebecca

Yaaaay! I'm here! My work day went so slow because I looking forward to a night of scrapping with you ladies!

Although I should be on the elliptical right now (3rd week straight of working out 5 days a week!), I rescheduled it for tomorrow morning. I have a goal of a 5K to run in November of this year!

Anyways, I am working on finishing the magic kingdom swap tonight. I am just about finished my angel group, but have 1 that I forgot about :eek:

I am hoping DH will make dinner so I can get this done because I would LOVE to work on some pages in my 2010 scrapbook as well! :goodvibes

Hey I found you!! I, like Linda, are not working on anything I am playing online!!

How about I tackle some organization??

I'm working on lemon herb chicken and rice. LOL

Seriously I have my Anniversary trip to WDW and Kansas trip photos to crop. I saved money by printing them as postcards. I got between 2 and 4 photos on each 4x6 sheet (thanks for helping with that Nan!!)

OK, gonna go turn the oven on and prep the chicken, I'll be back soon.

Yaaaay! I'm here! My work day went so slow because I looking forward to a night of scrapping with you ladies!

Although I should be on the elliptical right now (3rd week straight of working out 5 days a week!), I rescheduled it for tomorrow morning. I have a goal of a 5K to run in November of this year!

Anyways, I am working on finishing the magic kingdom swap tonight. I am just about finished my angel group, but have 1 that I forgot about :eek:

I am hoping DH will make dinner so I can get this done because I would LOVE to work on some pages in my 2010 scrapbook as well! :goodvibes

Hey, I'm doing a 5K too! DS and I are running the one at WDW in May.

I need to get my 2 miles in today, so I'll try to squeeze that in before Nancy leaves at 6:30.

I still have no idea how I'm going to do Bingo!!! LOL I'm so confuzzled!

TRM ~ how is the 4-H going? We had our first meeting on Monday... The leader looked at me..and said let's go home and forget the rest of the meetings.. We had over 50 kids there!

dacky ~ it's a good thing you noticed that missing group before you mailed!! I have made a habit of double and triple checking that I have all my groups done... Some times there are so many that you just know you did that group..but it had to be in a dream!

Rebecca ~ glad to see you already!

Linda~ I'm like you...can't scrap when I'm typin' on this computer... My computer is in the same room but opposite side... I like to scrap in peace... computer is a temptation if on the same workspace!

Hey Buffy~ Rebecca is around so hopefully she can keep bingo going after I leave.. or even start it depending on how her Dad is doing!!! :)

We are having turkey manhattans... I got the easy fix mashed potatoes so I could stay here... the kids are all starved today so I don't know how much dinner they'll eat.. they all 3 came home complaining about starving..evidently school lunch wasn't so good today! LOL

Nan - we haven't had our first meeting yet!! I am lagging this year!!

50 kids!!? WOW!

I think I will have the usual suspects - around 6 or 7

I took your suggestion and asked this years historian if she wanted the groups help doing her book - we will see how that goes.

Do you charge a fee to your group to cover supplies??

I can take care of the BINGO- I will probably wait until at least 6pm to start it- so if anyone hasn't pmed me a list you still have time. Even if I am on and off the Bingo is easy to do.

Rebecca

Hey, I'm doing a 5K too! DS and I are running the one at WDW in May.

I need to get my 2 miles in today, so I'll try to squeeze that in before Nancy leaves at 6:30.

I still have no idea how I'm going to do Bingo!!! LOL I'm so confuzzled!

I've never done a 5K before! Who am I kidding....I never exercised! I know I need to but I've always made excuses....I have a hip disorder so I normally give up when it starts to ache...but I started on the elliptical 3 weeks ago and I refuse to come up with an excuse to not do it. I go 4-5 days a week. Started out 20 mins...up to 30 now! 30 is still a struggle to get through though. Once I get my legs stronger on there I will move to running/walking (plus with the weather getting nicer, it'll be more motivation!).

Have you ever done a 5K before? any advice?

Also, I have yet to sign up for the bingo....I don't know how I'd get any scrapping done! lol

dacky ~ it's a good thing you noticed that missing group before you mailed!! I have made a habit of double and triple checking that I have all my groups done... Some times there are so many that you just know you did that group..but it had to be in a dream!

yeah, I haven't done that before! I was just about to start bagging and tagging when I looked at the "cast of characters"....gotta love the cast of characters listing!

Great Rebecca!!! Thank you!!! 6pm is a good start time..
I hope to play next time..

TRM~ as for the supplies.. I pretty much just donate the supplies... paper/photo printing and I make all the embellishements... Our leader provides the page protectors and book.. We found our book this year at Big Lots for $5.00... I'm still looking for the page protectors though.. I love the Miss Elizabeth or Scrapbook Memories that are found at the dollar tree.... My dollar tree doesn't have them currently... We have the "scrapbook committee" help with our book... this way the kids are involved.. but there are special pages I do myself.. like awards, previous fair exhibits.. I found that the kids were only choosing their or their friends items to put in the book instead of being neutral!

Hello all!!

I have a few scrap related things to do. But we just got done with lunch. and I have my cinnamon roll dough rising. yummy!!! So I have to get those into the oven, clear my desk and get to work. :)

hi just have a few minutes to pop in. I will be back later. Can't wait to scrap

Hi BearBear & JLD!

Cinnamon rolls!!! Lunch time.. I keep forgetting you all are on a different time then us EST people! LOL

I've not read anything yet. I will be here around 6ish - after I feed my family and clean up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter