DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge #5 (5/14 - 5/20)

Grumpy mom, that made me so teary!!!
I think it's great. :)

designerbrit-love it and love the idea of a disney party!

GrumpyMom - If you're crazy for taking 1 year old, then my brother and sister are EVEN MORE CRAZY!!! They took my niece 4 times before she turned 1!!! HAHAHAH!!!!

I love the LO! Great work. Very creative use of the rings! :)

GrumpyMom-- I think your LO is adorable! If I was going to change anything, I might tilt the bracket and text a little to the right, but I think it looks good the way it is, too. I like to tilt things on my LOs, in case anyone hasn't noticed! :rotfl:

I played around with the text FOREVER and at one point I did have it tilted. I couldn't decide what to do so I finally just leave it as is.

Grumpy mom, love the way you used that circle to zoom on the holding hands.. so cute!

Grumpy mom, that made me so teary!!!
I think it's great. :)

GrumpyMom - If you're crazy for taking 1 year old, then my brother and sister are EVEN MORE CRAZY!!! They took my niece 4 times before she turned 1!!! HAHAHAH!!!!

I love the LO! Great work. Very creative use of the rings! :)

Thanks everyone. If you haven't noticed I have 2 teenagers and the baby. It was my oldest holding the baby's hand in that picture. I just love capturing moments of them together. I'm hoping they will stay close despite the age difference.

We're well on our way to creating a little Disney freak. We have Disneyland annual passes so she has been to DL several times. Before she turns 2 in July she will have been to DL, WDW, and on a Disney cruise.

I started messing around with the program modes on my last trip for the fireworks and I was really happy with the results. Here
are some of my shots to share!

Beautiful Photos Jess! Thanks for sharing them. I'd love to borrow a couple of your Nemo musical pics. I didn't take any photos then because when it first opened, they were saying no photography at all. :( I heard they later began saying just "no flash photography." We didn't go this past time, so I'm missing pics. Can I borrow a few? They are fabulous, as are your other photos! Thanks for the link!

So, the Nikon chooses the ISO setting, too? That's interesting. Did you choose any of the settings manually or were they all chosen by the camera? Sorry to get so in-depth here, but I'm so obsessed with Disney photography and now that I understand some of the basics, I'm getting worse!!

I pretty much shot on autofocus w/flash and w/out flash the entire trip except for using the night portrait setting which is AMAZING. It allows available light in the background and flash only on the foreground. I haven't uploaded any of those photos to photobucket, but they are pretty cool. I'm still trying to figure out my camera. I'm going to experiment this Summer while the kids are out of school and I don't have so many demands on my time with homework and school activities. It's a nice camera. It will do much more than I know how to do at this point.

Thanks for sharing your photos and for talking photography with me. We take tons of photos at Disney. We usually come back w/around 1500 or so shots between our four cameras. With that many shots, you're bound to have some good ones. LOL! My favorite is my castle shot on this last layout. It was taken between the hub and Liberty Square ... one of my favorite places to stop and look at the castle!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Susan, we must have had the same ol' Sony camera -- geeez.. what was it's name?? I loved that camera.. and those mini discs were too cute! It took me a while to get use to a memory card after that! LOL

I think it is a Mavica. We still have it and I was tempted to take it past time just to use it at night. It took the best night photos! The only thing, the batteries are toast and it was going to cost a lot to replace them. I figure I spent too much money on the new camera and needed to jump in and learn it. We had a memory stick version later of the Mavica, a DSC-something. Its night photos weren't the same quaility as the earlier version and we were disappointed. We sold that camera and got the Nikon. So far I've been very pleased with it, but haven't invested enough time in learning everything it will do.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Beautiful Photos Jess! Thanks for sharing them. I'd love to borrow a couple of your Nemo musical pics. I didn't take any photos then because when it first opened, they were saying no photography at all. :( I heard they later began saying just "no flash photography." We didn't go this past time, so I'm missing pics. Can I borrow a few? They are fabulous, as are your other photos! Thanks for the link!

yep, you can borrow them, that's why they are there! I got a lot of requests for the Nemo and fireworks pics, so that's why I decided to set up that gallery so folks could use them. There's a guy on the photography board named Mark Barbieri who shares his pics, too. His pictures blow mine away! You should check his out, too.

...hoot Canon (let's not start THAT conversation! :laughing: ) and I have the 20D. I started messing around with the program modes on my last trip for the fireworks and I was really happy with the results. Here
are some of my shots to share!...

Wow your pictures are REALLY good! I am impressed!
did you use a stand/tripod?

Here's my first layout (with a little tweaking) and the new layout that goes on the other side of it:

Castle-1.jpg
Castle2-1.jpg

Now that I look at these pages together, I think I'm going to put the missing corner of picture on the right side onto the left page to make it more realistic. Update: I just made the pictures smaller on the right page.

Credits:
DIS Kit by Britt-ish Designs
Sparkles, Swirls, Magic Wand, and Photo Wrap - Brittish Designs
Date - Tabby Dates by Britt-ish Designs
Round Disney Element - Scanned a coaster from our room
Fonts - Disney Simple and Beautiful

Wow your pictures are REALLY good! I am impressed!
did you use a stand/tripod?

No, these were all taken hand held. I used a fast shutter speed and a lens with a wide (2.8) aperture. I got the lens right before the trip and I absolutely fell in love with it!!

Now that I look at these pages together, I think I'm going to put the missing corner of picture on the right side onto the left page to make it more realistic.

Round Disney Element - Scanned a coaster from our room

I think that would look great! These layouts are beautiful.

Would you be willing to share that element (for personal use of course)? How did you make it look kind of 3d? Or was it just the scanning? I love it!

Here is my entry for this challenge. I had a hard time finding pics for this, but I wanted to use the rings as bubbles. And then I found these pics of my kids playing at Dot's Water Park. So, there you have it.

kids_dotswaterpark_web.jpg

Credits: Template for mat from Scrapkut, Britt's "Can you Scrap IT?" mini kit, and "Date Stamped" by Britt as well!

Thanks for a great challenge!

~*~ Geri ~*~

I think that would look great! These layouts are beautiful.

Would you be willing to share that element (for personal use of course)? How did you make it look kind of 3d? Or was it just the scanning? I love it!

Thank! You are welcome to have the coaster! I scanned it and left a little edge on one side. Then when I added it to the layout, a drop shadow gave it more depth. Here's a ink to the .png of it... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/susan0326/coaster.png

coaster.png

I love memorbilia and save too much of this kind of thing. Now that I am digi-scrapping, it makes me happy to include scanned pieces to satisfy my need to include these items. I really love the colors of this "dream theme" and the castle in the clouds is really beautiful.

Hope you (and anyone else) can use it in a layout. I'd love to see what you do with it!

thanks susan for the coaster element!!! i'm halfway (i think?) through scrapping our 3 disney trips from last year, so this'll come in handy at some point....that's such a cool idea.......and I'm a packrat too with that stuff...I wonder if I have anything that I could scan? :confused3 but thanks for sharing!!!
diana

Love seeing all the different takes with this kit, everyone has done a fabulous job. Will try to get to SM and give some love.
Mine almost didn't happen. All I had left was my journaling, I went into the garage and when I came back in I heard the distinct sound of my computer shutting down. My little ones were on on the stool having a grand 'ol time with my laptop. Luckily I compulsively save, so lucky for them it was still there.

(someday I'll figure out the click for credits thing)
Everything by Britt-ish Designs:
Can You Scrap It? (heart is at the end of the journaling)
Happiest Place On Earth
Springtime For Krista
Date Stamps

Very cute Wen -- I like how you recolored the rings. Which kit are the water drop thingies in? I think I "need" those. ;)
Thank you!
Britt's Spring Time For Krista, it's a really cute kit! I couldn't get my shadow trick to work on them so I layered them on top of each other to make them stand out a little more.

Susan, thank you SO much for that coaster!! I don't have a scanner (shocking... i know..) :( So, there are so many things that i would love to get my hands on to scan... but can't. I know i will use this for sure!! Thank you!!!

Wen - Great lo! love those water drop things too! Thanks for the enabling.. LOL

Susan -- Thanks for the coaster! I love those YOAMD colors, too. I scanned a lot of stuff from my last two trips, but nothing as cool as your coaster!

Wen -- great LO! I also didn't know that if you post from Flickr, the pic is automatically a link. That's cool! Maybe I'll have to try that. The way I usually turn mine in to links is by inserting the image into the post, highlighting the whole thing, clicking the link button and then pasting the link into the box that pops up. Then your pic is a clickable link.

Carsmom
-- I love the circles as bubbles! Great idea!

thanks susan for the coaster element!!! i'm halfway (i think?) through scrapping our 3 disney trips from last year, so this'll come in handy at some point....that's such a cool idea.......and I'm a packrat too with that stuff...I wonder if I have anything that I could scan? :confused3 but thanks for sharing!!!
diana

Um, my dear sister in law- I have LOTS of stuff (park maps, resort maps, keys to the world) you can scan for me seeing as how I don't have a scanner! :) You just let me know when you want it to scan in, m'kay?

Thanks for the element susan! I'm sure I will use it too & will show you any layout I make with it!

Great new layouts everyone!

Wen -- great LO! I also didn't know that if you post from Flickr, the pic is automatically a link. That's cool! Maybe I'll have to try that. The way I usually turn mine in to links is by inserting the image into the post, highlighting the whole thing, clicking the link button and then pasting the link into the box that pops up. Then your pic is a clickable link.
You know, for some reason, I can't make this work. I think I'm missing a step or something but I try and try and get so frustrated, I just give up. When you say highlight the whole thing? The whole post? The pic and link for credits? I don't get why I can't get this....:scared:

eta: can someone click on my LO and let me know if it takes you to Flikr? I'm not sure if it's working that way because that's my album and I'm logged in kwim?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter