DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge #5 (5/14 - 5/20)

ETA, NOW I can see Susan's LO! I LOVE it!! Did you take all of those castle photos yourself? They are awesome!

Thanks! Yes, I took those this past trip. Isn't the castle so fun to take pictures of? It has so many personalities. Only fellow Disney-lovers will understand this, huh?

I came up with that phrase because of the fascination I have with it not really be made of stone. I had to use memories, so I thought it worked in this manner. Seeing the castle brings back so many memories.

Okay... now I'm missing Disney pretty bad.

I love this kit. I love how everyone is going is so many directions with it. Amazing work, y'all!

Everyone's pages are great! I have been busy and did not do the last couple of challenges but I'm going to try and do this one.

OK, Here's mine. I had to figure out something to do with those circles, since I didn't really need any Mickey accents on the page. The colors of this kit were PERFECT for these pictures of Chip & Dale!

Everything is from Britt's mini kit, plus brads and stars from Britt's Dreams Do Come True Kit and the white photo strip form Britt's Leave the World Behind Kit. Fonts are Yahoo! and Disney Print.

295491703_yvpAz-L.jpg

Thanks! Yes, I took those this past trip. Isn't the castle so fun to take pictures of? It has so many personalities. Only fellow Disney-lovers will understand this, huh?

I came up with that phrase because of the fascination I have with it not really be made of stone. I had to use memories, so I thought it worked in this manner. Seeing the castle brings back so many memories.

Now I"m going to need all the details on that fireworks photo! :worship: What camera and lens did you use? Where were you standing? What shutter speed did you use? I'm totally obsessed with fireworks photos, in case you can't tell!!

Susan: Your layout is beautiful. Those photos are stunning! I love the main image. Just gorgeous! The title is great.

WOW you guys! Truly beautiful LOs. It's so fun seeing everyone's different take on how to use the same papers and elements. What an awesome challenge, Britt! Thanks so much! Here is mine.... I am double dipping... This is also for the Tuesday Template Challenge at Scrapmatters. ;)

Magical-Page002.jpg

Journal Keepsakes Template by DigiKeepsakes (Scrapmatters)
DIS Mini Kit by Britt
Happiest Kit on Earth
Daily Inspirations Paper (Creative Memories)

You guys! These all rock! So, so cool. I'm am headed over to SM to leave tons of love.:thumbsup2

Marileeh - What a fun page!! I love the pics and how you made the circles into a hidden Mickey. So clever!!

loveGoofy - I LOVE Grizzly River Run!! It's not fun to get wet, but the ride is such a hoot! This is sooooo adorable. Great job. Love how you did the ragged edges.

Hypermommy - this might be my favorite LO of yours. I LOVE the hanging photos. So cute!!! The brown polka dot ribbon is perfect. And I love how you used the ric rac to make waves.

Diana - ADORABLE. That photo is AMAZING!! Wow. Love this. The selective coloring, the brown Mickey Head. So cute!!!!

Melissa - You are clever to take the brackets from Monica's template!! This is STUNNING! Your sepia-tone solution for the pics is PERFECT. I love this! LOVE the font you used on "magical" what it is?? Or is it wordart?

Pooh46 - How adorable!! I almost made this kit pink but I thought everyone would give me a hard time!! I LOVE PINK!! This is so perfect. Good for you to be brave and recolor it all!!! Your daughters wedding sounds like a dream!!!!

Susan - LOVE this. I can't believe you took these photos? They look like professional Disneyland brochure photos!! WOW!! Love the swirls and the strip of photos. VERY cute page.

Jess - LOVE the Chip & Dale photos for this kit. So perfect! Love how you used the rings!! Very different than everyone else!! I like that. Love the BURST you created under the main photo!!

DisneyCruiser2008 - CLEVER GIRL!! Double dipping is smart! Everyone at SM is going to see this kit stuff and be JEALOUS!! Cuz its ONLY for my DIS girls!! HAHA!! This LO is WONDERFUL!! I really love it! The title work is soooo cute and I love the photo. It's very magical!

WHEW!! Thirteen entries on Day 1!!! Holy crap guys! That's amazing. You girls seriously ROCK!!!! :banana:

I hope I didn't miss anyone. I don't think I did!!! I think I'll make time to do mine tomorrow or Friday. I'm so excited but I have new stuff to get finished and released on Friday!! :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful day! Can't wait to see more LOs! :yay:

I thought this looked like such a fun challenge, so I decided to try. I was planning on doing a LO like this for my Disney album's main page, and it certainly seemed like it would be easier to do it digitally than cropping the pics perfectly for paper scrapping.

main600.jpg

I think all the kit elements are obvious (the brown paper was recolored.) Only non-Britt element is the sparkles in the bottom right corner. It's from Ellie Lash's Sunday Morning kit. Fonts are CK Carefree & Pea Alesa.

ngneer98 - love the baby ears LO. What a cutiepie! And I love the fact that the ears are in color while the rest of the photo is b&w.

yzerbear - great photos!!! Love how you used the ric rac for the frame!

Pooh46 - what a great story of your daughter's wedding. Great LO

Susan - I love the way you incorporated the "Memories" into word art! And the swirlies! And the pictures! And everything about it.

labdogs - love all the stars and the pop of your LO

DisneyCruiser - good for you on the double-dippin. I call that working smart! I love the way you put the title in the rings!!

kswm30b - Love how you used the ric rac to make your frame. And the rings are a perfect accent to the title

Wow.. you guys, these are seriously the prettiest layouts i think i have seen!!!! I love them all!! wow! I know i will have lots of ideas for future lo's from this kit and you guys that's for sure!
here is my layout:
flyingdutchsm.jpg

Caitsmama - I love this LO you've done! I love how the picture takes up the whole thing and everything else is accents. Very cool!

you guys these are all so good! I love how each person just lets their own personality come through. I was laying in bed, not falling alseep thinking about new design ideas last night! LOL
:rotfl:

Also, it occurred to me that I really love the mini kit and if the challenge wasn't to make it creative and different, I would use it exactly as it was intended, so that is fun, too! Since I am new to this, it just boggles my mind how many different ways you can use the SAME starter for different looks. You could do a whole album with just these basics and some extra embellishments!
Love that!

And it just dawned on me how to make the cutouts in photosop, which will make future pages even more fun. I am so hooked. I need to sign up for more then one weekly challenge, I think ;)

Labdogs - you were right, the brown is perfect for the chipmunks!

Caitsmama, that is lovely. I was looking at that brown and blue and thinking BEACH!!! So I am happy to see that photo chosen!

kswm - simple and elegant :)

DisneyCruiser, I love the cut outs of the browns. That is what I'll play with in photoshop next time! It adds a very scrappy effect (in a good way!)

. I need to sign up for more then one weekly challenge, I think ;)

Stop on by at ScrapMatters -- they have more challenges to do there! I have to hop over there now to upload my Chip & Dale page. Their challenges are great and the people there are really nice (which is something to be said for a scrapbooking site, some of those sites are SCARY!:scared1: )

now you are going from enabler to scrap pusher! LOL (I am teashing)

on my way to SM to check it out!

Stop on by at ScrapMatters -- they have more challenges to do there! I have to hop over there now to upload my Chip & Dale page. Their challenges are great and the people there are really nice (which is something to be said for a scrapbooking site, some of those sites are SCARY!:scared1: )

You beat me to it! I was going to suggest the same thing.

I'm also thinking of hosting some challenges on my blog if I can think of a couple. Would anyone be interested? Only thing is without a forum I'm not sure how folks would show their work. Maybe a link in the comments? What'dya think?

kswm-Glad you went digi for this it came out fantastic, it has that magic feel.

Stacey-WOW! This is such a stunning page, you rocked this!

Jess-Now you have me wondering which sites aren't so nice. Care to spill? I have found some sites that are so over the top sweet that I feel suffocated because you feel like you can't be yourself at all, it drives me crazy.
I agree the ladies at SM are a nice bunch, I feel very comfortable there.

I thought this looked like such a fun challenge, so I decided to try. I was planning on doing a LO like this for my Disney album's main page, and it certainly seemed like it would be easier to do it digitally than cropping the pics perfectly for paper scrapping.
Beautiful! :thumbsup2 Awesome job! See digital scrapbooking isn't too bad. ;) :)

Melissa - You are clever to take the brackets from Monica's template!! This is STUNNING! Your sepia-tone solution for the pics is PERFECT. I love this! LOVE the font you used on "magical" what it is?? Or is it wordart?
It is a font called More Enchanted Prairie Dog :lmao: I believe I downloaded it from Dafont since after I got my new laptop last week I went on a font downloading binge from there. I think this is a variant and the other is just called Enchanted Prairie Dog. Hope that helps.

Now I"m going to need all the details on that fireworks photo! :worship: What camera and lens did you use? Where were you standing? What shutter speed did you use? I'm totally obsessed with fireworks photos, in case you can't tell!!

Thanks. I shot all of those with my new Nikon D40 DSLR. The lens is a Nikkor 18-55 lens. I was shooting in autofocus with no flash. The best fireworks photos I ever took were with our old Sony that wrote to cd. It took the best nighttime photos. We just got this camera in December and I'm not quite used to it. I play with other modes, but stay on one of the autofocus ones for normal stuff. The key to getting a good photo is to take lots of them!

I just looked at the properties of the fireworks photo on my page. These are the settings autofocus used:
fstop = f/8
ISO = 1250
exposure = 1/250 seconds
focal meter = 23mm

I'm still learning about all these settings, so it's interesting to look at properties to see what the camera "chooses" on autofocus.

Thanks again. I have some decent fireworks pics on my blog if you look back in past years. Some of my favorites are at: http://beentheredonethatgoingback.blogspot.com/2005/06/wishes.html

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter