DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge #5 (5/14 - 5/20)

Awesome! Thanks Britt, now I can give up on the linking thing...:rotfl2:

And thanks for the love!

Here is my entry. This challenge really helped me think about the pictures I want to get for this LO. This pre-scrapping thing is really helping me focus for our trip. I might take small sizes of my pre-LOs with me to remind me of the shots I want. I'm really excited. So this week, again, still Disney, though not obvious, but a pre LO for my ABD trip to London/Paris in a week and a half. I really enjoyed using this kit. Thanks Britt! And also seeing everyone's ideas. You all make me try to be more creative. I really appreciate that.

1OnMyWaycopy.jpg

Also I would like to throw out an element idea to any designers who might feel so inspired. As a PSE user so far I haven't been able to get text on a path to work right for me. In my above LO I used a half cicle text template I downloaded from CK. A text path in the shape of a Mickey head, either filled in and/or as an outline, would be about the coolest thing ever. I don't know if that's doable or not, but I wanted to throw that idea out into the world.

I hope everyone had a super weekend!

20080122-Storytellers-Cafe.jpg

Here is my LO for the week. I will have to get caught up on what all you have done tomorrow. I have been doing a challenge over on DSP which is where I started digi scrapping. I took a class from one of the ladies who started DSP so most of my stuff is from there. Anyway, they had a Scrapping with the Stars challenge that they do once a month. You do 10 layouts in 5 days. The only problem was you had to use their products. It took me quite a while to go back through and verify what was DSP and what wasn't. I have started marking which website the kits come from and the artist's name. Lesson learned!

Credits:

Kit by Britt-ish Designs
Flourish by Misschifis from her The Beach kit
Template: Photo Selection by Lauren Bavin

I started at DSP too and stayed there awhile until I realized all their kits were only 200dpi... are they still? Or have they gone to the industry standard of 300dpi?

I started at DSP too and stayed there awhile until I realized all their kits were only 200dpi... are they still? Or have they gone to the industry standard of 300dpi?

I don't know. I never thought about it, I just thought everyone was the same. I went to the website and clicked on a kit, but it didn't say. How can I check?

That stops me from going there, I only realized it after buying stuff. I can't find anything stating it's one way or the other. I don't get why they don't just bump it up?

I don't know. I never thought about it, I just thought everyone was the same. I went to the website and clicked on a kit, but it didn't say. How can I check?

According to their store, they are still 200ppi. Here's the link.

I'm glad someone here mentioned this, because I probably never would have spotted that! I haven't purchased any kits here, so I'll stick to the many, many other sites I'm already addicted to!!

Where'd you find that Jess? I never could after getting my stuff and being disappointed. Anyhow, now I look for the dpi in the description of the kit I'm buying and if it isn't stated I don't buy it.

I have enough credits with the Disney Movie Rewards program to buy their digital kit through that reward site, but someone else told me it's only 72dpi!!! That is worthless for printing. What a disappointment! I can't find any wording about the product to confirm that on the rewards site.

It was me that bought the princess set from the movie rewards club. When I take an image from the .pdf (all you get is 1 pdf file of everything in it) and put it in my PSP, it stated it was 72 dpi. However, I went and printed it and it wasn't too bad. The Cinderella printed a lot larger then normal (it was a corner image on a 8x10 paper and Belle didn't enlarge so much. They look ok, they aren't excellent but they aren't horrible either. All the papers (3 i think) are 8x10, and I was not too thrilled with the elements either.

I printed the image and took a pic of it. It's here:

DMRkittest.jpg

Well that is strange that they would sell it as a digi kit and have it be so lacking! One pdf with everything in it, not too customizable. Well, I may get the pirate one anyway. What else am I going to use those points for?
LOL
But I wonder if it is just as good as the print stuff they have in their reward member area? Maybe some of those could be used (images from cards and such).

Where'd you find that Jess? I never could after getting my stuff and being disappointed. Anyhow, now I look for the dpi in the description of the kit I'm buying and if it isn't stated I don't buy it.

It was just right there on the first page of their store. Like I said, I probably wouldn't have even read it if it wasn't for this conversation!

It's a huge pdf file, 17 pages. I'll list each page specifically.

1 - Basically instructions. According to the text, the kit is actually for paper scrappers, you just print, assemble and scrap everything.
2 - Instructions for the backgrounds.
3 - background #1 - pink with swirls and that cinderella image in the lower right corner.
4 - background #2 - pink with lots of white flowers
5 - background #3 - green with white flowers and sparkles
6 - background #4 - pink with swirls and with 2 big images of flowers/ words of Bright as a Dream and Romance in Blossom.
7 - background #5 - blue with swirls and pixie dust and a lower border of Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Belle.
8 - instructions for journal blocks
9 - journal block with image of 6 princesses on bottom and an envelope to print and fold with 4 princesses and another journal block with just cinderella
10 - instructions for stickers
11 - the stickers: 4 tag-like, 2 have princesses, 4 circle/ovals, 3 have princesses and 9 swirly type stickers
12 - instructions for borders, corners and frames
13 - 6 borders, in pairs that match: ie 1 pink with flowers and then the same one with princesses also.
14 - photo corners: several sets, all with flowers
15 - frame #1 - both frames are oval with a flower border and a space for a word or so underneath. You have to cut your picture into an oval and stick it on top.
16 - frame #2
17 - sample page

Below is their sample page, it uses the pink swirly background, flower borders and a couple different corners (yes the circles are photo corners too) and one of the princess borders on top. Although it does state 72 dpi, it comes in at 1200x1200 pixels, which explains why the sample i printed came out so big on the paper.

Too bad they didn't ask me... single .png images of each princess and element, plus whatever papers and so forth they wanted to include would have been much nicer. If I want to use anything, I will have to do a bunch of extraction work. I almost have 600 points again, and I may be a sucker and get the pirate one too! LOL... nothing else to spend it on.

disneysamplekitpage.jpg

Well that is actually really cute!
Okay, it's back on!
LOL
Exactly...i am not likely to get the 5000 to get something worthwhile, so I keep buying 500-800 point things (but somehow I keep racking up more points? do I have a disney spending problem as of late? :cutie: )

I have a question about the challenges . . . is there a place where you can volunteer to host one? I had an idea for one the other day that I think would be really fun. So is there a place to volunteer/sign up?

Fran, (and anyone interested in the movie reward scrap kit)
They come up as 266dpi when I open them with photoshop. That is doable. They are not as high of quality as I would like, but it's good enough for my family scrap book for the one or two pages I'll use a pirate theme for!
LOL

I have a question about the challenges . . . is there a place where you can volunteer to host one? I had an idea for one the other day that I think would be really fun. So is there a place to volunteer/sign up?

You may have just signed yourself up to host the next one! I don't think we have any one signed up yet! You might want to email Britt and talk to her about prize options (she has been super helpful with that for us!!). I hosted one and it was a lot of fun!

ETA, I have enough points for the pirate Disney digital kit, maybe I'll order it. The princess one doesn't look bad once you see it. I have no clue what I'd use the points for other wise! ETA< I went and looked at the Pirate kit again. I opted not to get it. Britt's stuff is so much cooler looking! I got myself a one year subscription to Wonder Time magazine instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter