December Scrapping Challenge- Princess Nancy Wins!!! Get in those final numbers

AlexWyattMommy, JandJ, Macca1111, nikkistevej, and tiggerfan6: You've been crowned "Adhesive Aces" & been awarded the "Dancing Reindeer".

BernardandMissBianca and hopemax: You've been given "Paper & Pixel Power" & been awarded the "little present w/ an x on it".

Keep up the great job. :thumbsup2

10 more for me today.

Things were going along swimmingly, and then all of a sudden, I started sneezing up a storm. The last paper I used was some sort of fibrous cardstock, I wonder if I am allergic to it or something. Either that or the white stuff that started falling when I went out to get the mail about the same time. Holy cow! For the last 30 minutes I've been a mess!

I got 5 done today (7 Dec total). I just found a feature on my printer program that will let me print 9 pics on an 8x10 sheet. I'm in heaven. I'm able to fit soooo many more pics on a pg. I include on 4x6 & the rest are littles. I'm a happy girl.

:rotfl2: Whatever the picture is for the category is showing up on my screen is a box w/ an x inside, so I got creative.:rotfl:

It's a snowman. I wonder why it isn't showing up for you. Hmmm.

But I want to be surprised with my numbers at the end of the months. I usually don't peek until the very end here and on the annual thread.

I got 5 done today (7 Dec total). I just found a feature on my printer program that will let me print 9 pics on an 8x10 sheet. I'm in heaven. I'm able to fit soooo many more pics on a pg. I include on 4x6 & the rest are littles. I'm a happy girl.

Have you seen the collage print at Walgreens. Amazing!! I think you would like it.

It's a snowman. I wonder why it isn't showing up for you. Hmmm.

But I want to be surprised with my numbers at the end of the months. I usually don't peek until the very end here and on the annual thread.

Have you seen the collage print at Walgreens. Amazing!! I think you would like it.

Haven't, but will check it out thanks!

Hey girl! How was the evening.. I'll be happy to help DS7, bring him with!!! :)

up til 10:30 doing reading homework. I'm starting to really get ticked. Yes, I know he needs to focus more but they are just dumping sooo much on them. All I did was yell at the boys last night to get work done. I'm beyond tired of yelling at them for something so stupid!!
Sorry to all the teachers out there but I think homework is a waste of time, especially family time. My kids have not been outside after school since September.

Ugh! You know what helped us... First I tried snack and than homework after dinner.... to give them a little play time.. they didn't want to work that way... so now as soon as they get home they MUST get their homework done before they can play or have a snack... it gives mine a real incentive to finish up!!(especially when we have games at night).... then if there is a test we review at bed time for it....

:hug: I feel for ya! Last night I had DS8 reviewing his challenge words on the drive to the game so I didn't txt.. he feel asleep.. they bored him to sleep! LOL

I've tried it both ways. They just have no outlet all day. Recess is a joke, they can't run, they can't scream, there are days they just sit on the picnic benches. Then it's right to homework til dinner, eat, then more homework til bed. And we don't even do sports! I don't know how you do it!!!

When we move I am seriously considering interviewing schools about the homework policies. I've already told this school no more long term projects. If they want them done it has to be done at school.

up til 10:30 doing reading homework. I'm starting to really get ticked. Yes, I know he needs to focus more but they are just dumping sooo much on them. All I did was yell at the boys last night to get work done. I'm beyond tired of yelling at them for something so stupid!!
Sorry to all the teachers out there but I think homework is a waste of time, especially family time. My kids have not been outside after school since September.

The guideline is 10 minutes per grade they are in. So 6th graders should have 60 minutes, etc. And its only Monday - Thursday. And reading time counts toward the total. My daughters old school is ranked very high in testing & their whole curriculum is geared toward them taking their state test. When she was in 4th grade, she would easily have 2 hrs a night & projects on weekends. The kids were all stressed out. We moved to a different state & noticed a change right away. Currently, she's in all honors classes, taking double science classes, 2nd yr language, & in high school (9th grade). And she has less homework then she did in grade school. CRAZY. Also, she does her homework during free time at school to get it out of the way & she works on projects over the weekends & doesn't wait to the last minute. But, I compltely agree that family time is way more important than homework. And I'm an education major. I also believe taking kids out of school to go on vacation is a positive & that they will learn things there they can't in the classroom.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter