December Scrapping Challenge- Princess Nancy Wins!!! Get in those final numbers

Count me in. I should be able to get a few done this month. Next year I really need to get cracking. I still have not finished our family album for 2007 or started 2008! :scared1: How did I get so far behind? :confused3

Congrats for getting an early jump on the pages: PrincessNancy96 (8 more until u've bumped to the next group), mrs hower 726, & even me (9 more). You can do it. You've been crowned "Adhesive Aces" & been awarded the "Dancing Reindeer" award. Here's a small cheer to keep you going. :cool1:

Count me in. My goal for the month - 31. One for each day. I am already behind but I will be determined to get caught up!

I am in.... I have worked on some of my scrapbook projects/ christmas gifts. So far I have finished 4 pages and 1:cool1: small project.

I'm in this month. Probably won't be my most productive month, as I am finishing Christmas cards and putting together a CD of old photos for a family gift, but I should get a few done anyhow!....................P

I am updated through here.

Congratulations to all of you who are already on the board!! Keep up the good work.

Rebecca

I did 2 last night - I plan to finish my DL 2006 trip this month, which is only about 20 more pages, so I should be able to squeeze them in. :thumbsup2

I finished one more page. It's posted on the challenge thread. :thumbsup2
Hoping to get a few more done. Working through the headache. It's not going anywhere and I refuse to be a slave to it. :rolleyes1 Although I do think vacuuming should be postponed. :rotfl2:

Rebecca and Buffey, do you do digital scrapping or paper to get soooooooooo many pages done? You both just blow me away, especially you Rebecca!!

My goals for December:

Survive my swaps Im in!
Get Christmas album I ordered for MIL, wich wont arrive for another week, done in time, and you all will have to tell me how to count it!:goodvibes
10 or 11 pages done, which realistically, I wont even start until after Christmas but promised myself for my b-day a day of nothing but scrapping!

So I'll be reading but not posting, I dont tink, and I wish you all
Happy Scrapping!:santa:

Rebecca and I are both paper scrappers, Rebecca mostly works with her swap items so her pages go really fast. I sat with her at SDV and she flew through 120+ pages. Having the swap items kitted with the pics really makes it go faster.

I am not fast, at all. I am currently working with my 8x8 completed pages so the pages are almost done, I just need add pics and journalling and I'm not big on journalling so it's not on every page.

Rebecca and Buffey, do you do digital scrapping or paper to get soooooooooo many pages done? You both just blow me away, especially you Rebecca!!

As Buffy said kitting makes a big difference. I also happen to be working on various size Christmas books. For those I cut things in little batches from time to time and then sit down and make the multiple copies of the books for the children on my Christmas list.

I also have the freedom to spend the time I want to scrapping. I am not working and I don't have children. Yes I do have a number of things I am doing for the church but I can take time off for myself when I want. I probably have a lot more hours to swap and just my dog to interupt so that makes a difference too.

26 of the pages I made last month were 6by6 pages that were a Christmas ABC album for a niece. Each page had paper piecings on it along with a phrase and letters. I also did 2 8by8 books last month with paper dolls on each page.

I did an album for my uncle who visited for Thanksgiving that was an album in a box kit from SEI. They have the layouts ready and stacked and all the papers cut so you just have to add the right size photos and journaling. Since he doesn't read much I only used 1-3 words of journaling per page.

I also kit my pages when I am not feeling like actually glueing and pasting. I choose out pictures, background paper, matting paper, and embellishments and stack page kits like this in a bag. If I want to type jornaling or titles then I make a list of what I want to do and when I am waiting for an online response or figuring out a nice way to put something in the church newsletter I will type some of it up. Then as I print it, I add it to the kits. I can do 10-20 pages in an hour when all I have to do is mat photos and glue everything to the page. Having lots of swap items makes a big difference. I probably have used well over 500 items this year alone. Since I am at 900 pages for the year and I use 1-5 items on most pages I probably am well over 1000 in swap items used.

I have no hang-ups on scrapping in any order. When I am in the mood to scrap, I tend to grab the bag of pages I feel like and do them. I also will do quick pages to hang on the church bulletin board every time we have a church event.

About 20 of my pages for last month were for the CPS due in January- I have another 9 to do this month to finish that swap. I actually swap on 2 boards other than this so sometimes I am completing page swap for those boards as well. The swaps tend to go quickly because it is a design that gets repeated over and over- yes I still have to cut it (generally anything other than a straight mat is cut by one of my machine and I can have both running at the same time when needed). 42 pages from last month were completed page swaps from other groups.

Rebecca

7 more for me today.

I have a goal of 6-8 layouts a day, in order to get these books done. At least, until I run out of photos I already have printed, then I have to order more. I think I have about 4 more days worth of photos before then.

Hope to have BIG numbers over the weekend...I have photos being shipped to me for the kids' Christmas albums! Woo hoo!!! Plus the Holiday/Season swap due in the end of the week too! YEAH!

Please add me for December with 1 page done so far.

I want to get 2008 finished and I have a whole book to make as a Christmas present so I should be busy getting pages completed over the next few weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter