December 2010 Meets! Anyone is Welcome!!

Man the Wing over Homestead Show here at the air froce base is over so now all I have going on is thinking about my Disney Vaction. It is getting so close, I am lookign so towards seeing the MVMCP on the 3rd of Dec and the Osborne Lights it has been a few years since i gotten the chance. Since they have opened more discount rooms at the value resorts decided to move from CSR to ASM so I can add two more days to my trip. Arriving late ont he 26th of Nov and leaving on the 4th of Dec. Lookign to see if there is anyone that wants to see about getting together out there.

I definitely try to forget that part. ;) I always get a little bummed when I see all the sunburned tourists with their Mickey ears in the terminal when we arrive, though. :upsidedow

We get there on December 1!!! Just three weeks and a few hours for us! Agreed...can't get here soon enough.

I actually prefer to see them at the airport when I arrive. That's that many fewer people to have to knock down... er, I mean push aside, er... wait in line with. Yeah, that's it! Wait in line with! That's the ticket! :upsidedow

A full work week to endure before Thanksgiving week rolls around, followed by a short week and then vacation!! :banana:!!!

ADRs are set. 4 rounds of golf, set. Doggie day care, scheduled and paid for. Packing list, .. well, mostly filled out. All that's really left is to wish the days away... :goodvibes

Tommorrow I can do my online check, I can't wait to get this vaction started, I have been looking to have a Disney Holiday Experence for over 2 years. :)

Tommorrow I can do my online check, I can't wait to get this vaction started, I have been looking to have a Disney Holiday Experence for over 2 years. :)

8 days and I can do my online check-in. I'm also ready for this trip to get started. :cool1:

I am Judy, and will have to wait until the last minute to know whether I am coming or not... not even sure when but this would be my first solo trip but I am in such need of a little Disney CHristmas, I may wave goodbye to the family (2 teenage girls) and drop in for a few days. I will keep watching this thread and when I know my dates to jump, I will let you know~
It is so nice to know you are out there....:love:

I am Judy, and will have to wait until the last minute to know whether I am coming or not... not even sure when but this would be my first solo trip but I am in such need of a little Disney CHristmas, I may wave goodbye to the family (2 teenage girls) and drop in for a few days. I will keep watching this thread and when I know my dates to jump, I will let you know~

Judy. . .so nice to see you. Hope you make it out here. We definitely have to get together. . .

Ryan! Ack! Glad to hear you are ok... :goodvibes

A facebook page is a good idea. I am going to not-nominate myself right now as I am A) still hoping to get Post #9 and the google calendar in better shape and more up to date, B) am swamped with work and can't take on any new projects, and C) don't really use facebook. Yes I know, gasp all you want, but I really can't stand that site. ;)

Is anyone else who is going in December a jogger? I thought it might be fun to try some of the Fort Wilderness trails if anyone wants to join...

- Carey

------------------------------------------------

Carey, I don't know if you've had any responses on this, but I thought I'd post some links to the Disney running pages for the joggers in the group. I like the Boardwalk/Canal routes best, but can only join for morning jogs on 12/2 or 12/7.

http://disneyrunning.com/joggingtrailbw.html

http://disneyrunning.com/wdwtrails.html

Judy. . .so nice to see you. Hope you make it out here. We definitely have to get together. . .

Judy, great to meet you in May! I hope you're able to join in sharing some Christmas spirit in December!

We're getting sooooo excited!!! We're just two weeks away, and with Thanksgiving next week, I have a feeling it's going to fly right by us.

:banana::santa::banana::santa::banana:

Ack! For my little family of three, it really IS two weeks from TODAY that we fly out red eye from Portland. Yes, I am beyond excited, but I am also incredibly busy with work and some home construction and now the holidays and we haven't even secured a house sitter yet - and with 4 dogs, 11 cats and a horse on a farm out in the country it's not as easy as one might think - I'm beyond stressed. ACK!!!!

Which is also why I haven't been able to do much to the calendar or anything. Sorry everyone. DOUBLE ACK!!!

I have also been unable to plan for any sort of DisBoards Event on December 6th, but I still have hopes to in the coming days. TRIPLE ACK!!!

I can't think of anything else to vent about, but even so.... QUADRUPLE ACK!!!

Buena Vista - Thanks for the jogging links! I haven't gotten a lot of responses for potential joggers, but I plan to do AM jogs around Boardwalk every morning because that's where I am staying. I do 3 miles a day at home so I'm think just once or twice around the water is good enough since I'll also be walking all day. As an aside, since you seem to also be a jogger, I thought I would give a shout out to the RunKeeper App that I downloaded onto my Droid X. If you have either that or an IPhone, it is a great tool to track your activities via GPS, and counts your calories burned, distance traveled, elevation, and syncs with the companion website - and its all free! Very cool tool.

Jes! We have to get together at some point during your stay! Did you happen to notice that a certain someone we've discussed seems to have been granted their most desired wish and is now no longer traveling solo? If you get my drift? Hee hee.

Kenn! MICKEY!!!! AAAHHHH!!!!

Judy! Hi! Will you be around on December 6th? I was serious about trying to plan something for that evening.

Darcy! You're local, so you can do the evening of December 6th yes? No?

SnipeDog! Crap, you're leaving on the 4th. Well I know some people who are doing MVMCP on the 3rd so maybe we can all pal around.

DisneyGal! You don't come in until the 9th, double crap. I'll add you to the calendar at least. :) Oh and HI!

EVERYONE ELSE!! I can't see any further posts but a shout out to my peeps who have been with this thread since the beginning: DFD! DizNut66! Donna! BLTLDZ! I know there are a bunch more of you. HI!!! :goodvibes

- Carey

OregonGirl (30) princess: [[ Mom (58) :cutie: Dad (59) :cool2: ]]

Oregon Family of 3 - Nov 1-11, 2007 – Boardwalk Inn (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl - Our August 2008 Disneyland visit - Marriot Residence Inn Maingate (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl, family of 3 – January 24-31, 2009 – Boardwalk Inn concierge (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl, family of 3, December 6-12th 2009, Boardwalk Inn concierge ºoº (Mouseplanet TR with pre-trip info)

NEXT DISNEY TRIP - DECEMBER 2nd - 11th 2010 - Boardwalk Inn concierge

Carey!! :laughing: Nooo!! I didn't see it! I'll have to go poking around.

YES!! We'll have to compare schedules again. The mommas are hitting Jellyrolls on the 4th, I think. Maybe that night since you're at BWI?

Ack! For my little family of three, it really IS two weeks from TODAY that we fly out red eye from Portland. Yes, I am beyond excited, but I am also incredibly busy with work and some home construction and now the holidays and we haven't even secured a house sitter yet - and with 4 dogs, 11 cats and a horse on a farm out in the country it's not as easy as one might think - I'm beyond stressed. ACK!!!!

Which is also why I haven't been able to do much to the calendar or anything. Sorry everyone. DOUBLE ACK!!!

I have also been unable to plan for any sort of DisBoards Event on December 6th, but I still have hopes to in the coming days. TRIPLE ACK!!!

I can't think of anything else to vent about, but even so.... QUADRUPLE ACK!!!

Buena Vista - Thanks for the jogging links! I haven't gotten a lot of responses for potential joggers, but I plan to do AM jogs around Boardwalk every morning because that's where I am staying. I do 3 miles a day at home so I'm think just once or twice around the water is good enough since I'll also be walking all day. As an aside, since you seem to also be a jogger, I thought I would give a shout out to the RunKeeper App that I downloaded onto my Droid X. If you have either that or an IPhone, it is a great tool to track your activities via GPS, and counts your calories burned, distance traveled, elevation, and syncs with the companion website - and its all free! Very cool tool.

Jes! We have to get together at some point during your stay! Did you happen to notice that a certain someone we've discussed seems to have been granted their most desired wish and is now no longer traveling solo? If you get my drift? Hee hee.

Kenn! MICKEY!!!! AAAHHHH!!!!

Judy! Hi! Will you be around on December 6th? I was serious about trying to plan something for that evening.

Darcy! You're local, so you can do the evening of December 6th yes? No?

SnipeDog! Crap, you're leaving on the 4th. Well I know some people who are doing MVMCP on the 3rd so maybe we can all pal around.

DisneyGal! You don't come in until the 9th, double crap. I'll add you to the calendar at least. :) Oh and HI!

EVERYONE ELSE!! I can't see any further posts but a shout out to my peeps who have been with this thread since the beginning: DFD! DizNut66! Donna! BLTLDZ! I know there are a bunch more of you. HI!!! :goodvibes

- Carey

OregonGirl (30) princess: [[ Mom (58) :cutie: Dad (59) :cool2: ]]

Oregon Family of 3 - Nov 1-11, 2007 – Boardwalk Inn (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl - Our August 2008 Disneyland visit - Marriot Residence Inn Maingate (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl, family of 3 – January 24-31, 2009 – Boardwalk Inn concierge (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl, family of 3, December 6-12th 2009, Boardwalk Inn concierge ºoº (Mouseplanet TR with pre-trip info)

NEXT DISNEY TRIP - DECEMBER 2nd - 11th 2010 - Boardwalk Inn concierge

Yep, I can do that. . .

I am free the night of the 10th if anyone is goin to be around to meet for drinks after 10pm .My gf arrives around 1230 Am.

Hi everyone, not sure of the dates but it won't be before the 19th.. I will be able to make plans the first week of Dec.
My 16 year old is making noises about coming too... we may just jump in the care and drive- about 10 hours- if the airfares don't dtop and I can almost always find SOMETHING thru DVC for a room for three nights. I will keep you posted... I need a little disney Christmas...

Hi everyone, not sure of the dates but it won't be before the 19th.. I will be able to make plans the first week of Dec.
My 16 year old is making noises about coming too... we may just jump in the care and drive- about 10 hours- if the airfares don't dtop and I can almost always find SOMETHING thru DVC for a room for three nights. I will keep you posted... I need a little disney Christmas...

Awww Judy, I'll miss seeing you again! I'll be there from 12/11-12/16

Hi Everyone! :flower3: I wanted to get your opinions about my preliminary trip itinerary. As this is my first trip without the hubby, I don't know how long I will need at each park :rotfl:

Thursday December 9 - arrival day, Hollywood Studios
Friday Dec. 10 - Epcot (evening EMH)
Saturday Dec 11 - MK as it is the only day it is open past 10 b/c of MVMCP
Sunday Dec 12 - AK
Monday Dec 13 - DTD before coming home.

Also, I'm thinking of doing a tour or something. I haven't decided yet. Any thoughts?

It is hard to believe that it is only about a week away. Already checked in on line and everything is ready to go. I can't wait till next friday so my vaction can begin.

Little over 11 days till Reunion2010/Solo trip and I can't wait. Going to be very busy next week for me at work since we are gearing up for the holiday weekend and then I still need to get stuff for the trip. Ack I feel almost like Oregon girl today. Well it's off to work I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter