December 2010 Meets! Anyone is Welcome!!

We will be there from the 3rd-17th. Would love to attend a meet...:thumbsup2 Who organizes these?

We will be there from the 3rd-17th. Would love to attend a meet...:thumbsup2 Who organizes these?

Hopefully "the organizer" ;) will make an appearance soon. I just wanted to open up a thread to those who may not meet the criteria on the other December thread. She's got a Google calendar going. :thumbsup2

Hopefully "the organizer" ;) will make an appearance soon. I just wanted to open up a thread to those who may not meet the criteria on the other December thread. She's got a Google calendar going. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Sounds good to me. Is there really an organizer?? :happytv:

:thumbsup2 Sounds good to me. Is there really an organizer?? :happytv:

Sort of. :laughing: She started the Google calendar on another thread, but the author of that thread prefers it be singles only. That's why I started this one for anyone (singles, solos, groups, whatever) who'll be at WDW in December. It'd be fabulous to meet the love of my life at WDW in December, but it's also lots of fun to grab a ride, a meal or a drink with other ::coughcrazycough:: DISers.

Hi everyone! Thanks Jess for starting this new thread!

Ok, so I have an idea as to how to handle this thread so that the meet information doesn't get buried. I am going to link to the Google Calendar in this post, and I will also list by days who will be at the World. Also in this same post I will update various meet days/locations as they get organized. So even if any chatter or additional posts with travel dates ensue on any following pages, this will be the post to check back on for any updated meet info/calendar additions. Cool? I hope I am not outclevering myself. And here... we... go:

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE GOOGLE CALENDAR

Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party:
A special night of holiday entertainment in the Magic Kingdom that includes: Castle Dream Lights; Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade featuring Santa Claus; special Holiday Wishes - Celebrate the Spirit of the Season Fireworks; Celebrate the Season Castle Stage Show; snow on Main Street, U.S.A.; complimentary hot cocoa and cookies. Please see the calendar below for dates. The party runs from 7 p.m. to midnight; Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade is at 8:15 and 10:30 p.m.; Holiday Wishes fireworks is at 9:30 p.m.

Prices for the party are as follows (all prices listed include tax):
Advance Purchase: $57.46 for adults 10 and older / $51.07 for ages 3-9 (Not available December 7, 10, 12, 17 or 19)
Passholder and DVC Member Discounts: $53.20 / $46.81 (Not available December 7, 10 through 19)
Day of Event (if still available): $63.85 /$57.46

Extra Magic Hours:
On designated days, a Walt Disney World theme park will be open an hour early and three hours later for Disney Resort guests only and includes guests staying at the Walt Disney World Swan/Dolphin Hotels and the Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort. EMH parks are listed in the calendar below and are subject to change.

LOCALS WILLING TO DO MEETS ANYTIME
rebecca06261 (Rebecca, female, Florida)
disnut66 (Gary, 43 yrs, male/single, Florida)
calurduran (Danny, 28 yrs, male/single, Florida)

December 2010 DISboards travelers by date:

Wednesday, Dec. 1st
EMH Morning - NONE
EMH Evening - Animal Kingdom
DisneyMiss (Cheri, female/single, Pennsylvania)
PolyndianPrincessJes (Jess, female/single, Oklahoma)
Tinky-Belle (Nora, female, Florida)
pdchris (56 yrs, male, Michigan)
Julie Mouse (Julie, 46 yrs, female/single, Illinois)
hms1016 (Heather, female/single, Pittsburgh)
nstem (Nancy, female/single mom)
csharpwv (Married couple, 28yrs/27 yrs, West Virginia)
beuna_vista (Tom, 45 yrs, male/taken, Boston)

Thursday, Dec. 2nd
EMH Morning - Magic Kingdom
EMH Evening - NONE
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Magic Kingdom - 7pm to Midnight
nstem (Nancy, female/ single mom)
OregonGirl (Carey, 30 yrs, female/single, Oregon)
santadog (male/single dad, Wisconsin)
hJOYh (Heather, female/taken, Indiana)
rmom50 (Laura, female/taken, Illinois)

Friday, Dec. 3rd
EMH Morning - NONE
EMH Evening - EPCOT
MyMuse (Michele, 38 yrs, female/single, New Jersey)
Wasre (Kenn, 40 yrs, male/single, Oregon)
BLTLDZ (honeymooners, New York)
jenscourt (40 yrs, female, Florida)

Saturday, Dec. 4th
EMH Morning - Hollywood Studios
EMH Evening - NONE
DrZoidberg (Ryan, 34 yrs, male/single, Rhode Island)

Sunday, Dec. 5th
EMH Morning - Animal Kingdom
EMH Evening - Hoolywood Studios
rstout (Ross & Dan, Oregon, celebrating 25th anniversary!)

Monday, Dec. 6th
EMH Morning - Animal Kingdom
EMH Evening - Magic Kingdom
rstout (Ross & Dan, Oregon, celebrating 25th anniversary!)
btowndude (Mike, California)
dazzling (male/single, United Kingdom)

:grouphug:

------------------------------------------------

OregonGirl (29) princess: [[ Mom (57) :cutie: Dad (58) :cool2: ]]

Oregon Family of 3 - Nov 1-11, 2007 – Boardwalk Inn (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl - Our August 2008 Disneyland visit - Marriot Residence Inn Maingate (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl, family of 3 – January 24-31, 2009 – Boardwalk Inn concierge (Mouseplanet TR)

OregonGirl, family of 3, December 6-12th 2009, Boardwalk Inn concierge ºoº (Mouseplanet TR with pre-trip info)

NEXT DISNEY TRIP - DECEMBER 2nd - 11th 2010 - Boardwalk Inn club level

Sort of. :laughing: She started the Google calendar on another thread, but the author of that thread prefers it be singles only. That's why I started this one for anyone (singles, solos, groups, whatever) who'll be at WDW in December. It'd be fabulous to meet the love of my life at WDW in December, but it's also lots of fun to grab a ride, a meal or a drink with other ::coughcrazycough:: DISers.

great now you're talking... Love to meet and hang out with friends... have met singles,couples,families from ages 3 months old to hmmm retiree... I dont discrimanate... :goodvibes

Looking between 13 to 20th of Dec. still ot sure where to stay depends on the other travelling buddies... :love:

DFD, you are going to miss Wasre and I by TWO STINKIN' DAYS if you do the 13th to the 20th... :mad:

How about the 10th to the 17th? :hug:

kdunkle - anyone can go, and usually the meet is just a casual get together that can include an ADR somewhere, a park meet to ride certain rides, or a more formal meet that involves a dessert party or cruise, for example. I've never actually done one at WDW myself, but I am familiar with the concept. I have sort of taken the reins on organizing various meets (not all of which I will be in Florida to attend) during the month of December, mostly because I have already created a Google calendar which stemmed from a bunch of single, solo, and/or adult travelers that are all going around the same time. Of course, anyone can suggest the specifics of a meet, and I'd be happy to add it to the post above --^-- that I am working on, which will hopefully include the names of each disboard member going to WDW on each day in December, and then also whatever meets are scheduled during those days as well.

Folks can modify this next statement, but in my opinion the best way to do this is to keep it casual and, for the most part, not require any sort of RSVP to these meets. True, ADRs or dessert parties will require a commitment ahead of time - but in general I am thinking of things like "Monday, December 6th, 11:30AM meet at Kilimanjaro Safari for a group ride", or "Wednesday, December 3rd, 12:30 PM casual gathering for lunch at T-REX", or "Friday, December 10th, 8:00 PM Atlantic Dance Hall - look for folks wearing the lime green Mickey ears!", etc...

One more thing: If there are enough of us that all want to meet on a certain date and can commit to it ahead of time, I can probably organize a "Grand Gathering" with Disney for something like the MK dessert party during MVMCP, or an ADR at a dining experience, or a fireworks cruise, or something similar.

Sorry, OregonGirl, but the link to the Google calendar doesn't work. :sad1:

And :thanks: for taking on this responsibility!!

Oops. Guess DISboards didn't like my *******. I really did out-clever myself. Anyway it's fixed. :) Thanks!

(( ok, I would like to point out that I am NOT swearing up above. I am trying to write t i n y u r l and apparently that's a taboo word ))

I'd also like to mention to ANYONE reading/lurking/posting/visiting/living in Florida during December 2010, please speak up with some suggested meets - I don't want to have to think them all up on my own, especially since I might not attend them all.

:santa:I can't believe it's already time to plan Christmas meets

I like your dates, Duck!

:goodvibes Thank You Reb!!! I am counting on you being around then ??!!!

Christmas in July you know. :)

yeah... and I am working on July 25th boohooo!!!

DFD, you are going to miss Wasre and I by TWO STINKIN' DAYS if you do the 13th to the 20th... :mad:

How about the 10th to the 17th? :hug:

Sorry OG... I promise Godson we're doing Hershey on those weekends... breakfast with Santa Hershey and Mrs. Kisses... lazer show and lots of Hot Chocolate followed by a shopping spree at the TDS Outlet!!! cant break tadition with a 6 years old :)

We'll be there December 1-8 with DS5 (among the rest of our crew). Where are you staying?

We'll be at All-Star Music - not my first choice, but the only one I could get on those dates with the free dining.

What day(s) are people planning on going to the MVMCP? That would be an ideal meet, IMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter