CKC Valley Forge 2009

I can't believe we never thought of bringing food before - and as I said in an earlier post, this is our 4th year. I've always seen groups of people with crockpots and coolers and just assumed they had some formal program going on with the convention. It was only last year that I caught a glimpse into someone's room and saw all the coolers that I put 2 and 2 together. Now I'm excited because the food issue was the one thing I truly disliked about the convention and by the time I get home on Sunday (from Thursday), I'm starved. So now we can plan some food and since it's only 2 of us, one cooler should do fine including food/drinks. I will definitely be bringing my Keurig - a good cup of coffee to start my scrap day is definitely the way to go!

Thanks everyone!

Oh yeah! I took my crockpot too last year...meatball sammies... that was a good one...put it on low before my first class...nice and hot for dinner...

I'm meeting with my friends on Thursday and we are going to plan the menu then...

Hello Ladies!
I have been reading your thread and have a few questions for you all.
Due to work scheduling I had never been able to attend CKC before last year and even then all I did was walk the floor. A bit overwhelming, but fun!
I noticed that many of you signed up for the Friday night crop but not the Sat night. Why? Are you too axhausted by that time? I signed up for Sat night. I heard while waiting in many lines last year several people say that by Sat Night the vendors are having blow out sales because they dont want to have to pack everything up, there's 2 for 1s and the like.
True or false?
Should I have signed up for Friday instead of Sat?
I am taking 3 classes with time in between for Make and Takes.
I plan on bringing DD up for awhile so that she can experience it too.
I didnt want to overdo too much first time out.
And consider myself lucky because the venue is only 15 minutes away!
Any comments or advise would be great!
Thanks!

Did both 2yrs ago, and we liked the Friday night crop better...felt the Saturday one was quieter, same goody bag...not worth the cost... So this year we are doing the Thursday day crop, the Friday night one, then cropping in the room on Saturday night...

As for the vendors coming in and selling, yes it happens both nights... Not sure if Sat is better...maybe someone else did better than I did, as I went running and even though I was standing with $$ out, girl in front of me says she will take the rest...sold...and I was :headache:

dancegirl2.gif

1 Week....

I would love to join you all Thursday and Firday night. I would also be willing to join in for the lunch and bring a dessert if you would like. Just let me know. I had a great time with you all last year.

Checking in!

How many for Friday lunchtime 'Meat Meet'??

I have a class that ends at 12:10 so I should be back in with everything around 12:30-12:45.

I'm up for a lunchtime meet.

Are we doing anything to let others know that we're DISers even us that are mostly lurkers :lmao:

I did the Saturday night crop at CK Hartford last year (because I needed to stay over the night anyway) and enjoyed it - Sat with 2 strangers and 1 woman I met in a couple classes, and we had fun - the "MC" with her stupid contests was the most annoying thing. I did not take anything of my own to scrap, but finished up several class projects. It was a nice, low key, wind-down time.

I am going on Friday for the shopping only since our family reunion is that weekend again in the Poconos. I managed to convince my son to go with my husband and the dogs on Thursday so I can go through alone at least. Not much to spend till I start the new job in a few weeks but I don't want to miss it.

Last two years there was a coupon sheet that was emailed out in advance and I can't find it again (someone was nice enough to email to me last year). Show specials with coupon. Does anyone have this that they could email me? If so please PM me.

Where and what is the meat meet? I might be able to do that....:) Who is going?

hiya.gif

I'm coming to the Meat Meet Marlynn!! Can I bring something? Dessert? Beverage?

We have had Marlynn's Meat Meet the last couple of years where the sofas and chairs are in the center hallway upstairs at the Scanticon... It's where the general classrooms are (I Think).

hiya.gif

I'm coming to the Meat Meet Marlynn!! Can I bring something? Dessert? Beverage?

We have had Marlynn's Meat Meet the last couple of years where the sofas and chairs are in the center hallway upstairs at the Scanticon... It's where the general classrooms are (I Think).

Cool! I might be able to make that for a bit. I finally found out when my last paycheck was coming (after 4 emails and a voicemail) so I can leave early to get there when it opens at 10. What time is this meet?

Is the Meat Meet on Friday? Can I join? What can I bring?

Yay! Meat Meet Friday 12:30ish.
Bringing either beverages or a dessert would be great. If you bring a beverage - please bring disposable cups, if not single serving.

I've been swamped at work so I won't have as much time as I have in the past to get things together before hand. I will bring meats, cheeses, breads & condiments, macaroni & potato salad, and my famous brownies (will make extra for the crop too)! And plates, napkins, and utensils.

I'll bring disposible cups and my famous Kahlua Vodka Cake - that's if my DD9 doesn't get into it on Thursday night at the hotel, it's her favorite!

I'll bring drinks. If I am able to find the time to make a dessert, I will bring that too. I'll be working hard all week to make sure I am out in time on Thursday.

I'll bring disposible cups and my famous Kahlua Vodka Cake - that's if my DD9 doesn't get into it on Thursday night at the hotel, it's her favorite!

Awwwwwww...we don't mind if the cake has some pieces out of it! Sounds yummy!! Can't wait to try it!

Not sure what I'm bringing yet...gotta think on it...

bliss.gif

WOOHOO!!! Packing today!!! Need to make some LGMH's for the new tote!

Today I have to get my projects power-scrapped for the crops... What is everyone else bringing?

Yay! It's tomorrow! I'm going to work late again today so that I can get to the crop tomorrow night on time. At least I am just up the street.

I now have to work today and tomorrow morning so I won't be able to make the cake BUT my neighbor is stopping at Costco for me to pick up Key Lime tarts that are sooooo good for me to bring.

It's been a crazy week, Monday-lots of appts, Tuesday-all day at the beach, today & tomorrow-work but then CKC!!!!!! I can't wait :banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter