CKC Valley Forge 2009

I registered. I haven't heard from my sister yet though. I'd have to drive the kids up to CT on Wed and then pick them back up on Sunday. Hopefully she doesn't have any plans.

07/30/2009 12:00 PM Preview Crop
07/30/2009 6:30 PM Thursday Night Sketches Crop
7/31/2009 8:30 AM Chipboard Calendar Wall Hanging
07/31/2009 9:50 AM 2009 Latest & Greatest with Basic Grey
07/31/2009 11:10 AM Lickety Split Page Kits
07/31/2009 12:30 PM Magnetic Cookie Sheet Message Board
07/31/2009 6:00 PM All Mixed Up 8x8 Album
07/31/2009 7:00 PM Fun-Filled Friday Night Crop

I have from 130 - 600 to shop. Is that too much? Should I add a 130 class?

That's probably a good amount of time for lunch and shopping. It takes a long time to get through all the booths, though I do wonder if there will be a signifigantly smaller turn out this year.

Uggghhh...my sister has vacation planned. I'm just going to ignore this for now, and hope I can figure out something.

I hope to take some classes this year! I'll have to go peruse the list.

Can someone give me details about the crop?

I am going too for the third or is it forth year. My schedule is

Thursday:
sketches crop

Friday:
8:30 SEI acrylic album
9:50 SEI jacob's ladder
11:10 Latest and Greatest with Basic Grey
shop
3:30 Home Sweet Home
Volunteer Friday night crop

Saturday:
11-3 volunteer
rest of day shop and use $60 volunteer credit to sign up for other classes.

I hpe that maybe I can meet some of you during the weekend.

Robin K

I am going too for the third or is it forth year. My schedule is

Thursday:
sketches crop

Friday:
8:30 SEI acrylic album
9:50 SEI jacob's ladder
11:10 Latest and Greatest with Basic Grey
shop
3:30 Home Sweet Home
Volunteer Friday night crop

Saturday:
11-3 volunteer
rest of day shop and use $60 volunteer credit to sign up for other classes.

I hpe that maybe I can meet some of you during the weekend.

Robin K

Robin...is that you...from Berks County?! This is Taryn!

BUMP!!
bump2.gif

HEY!!! We're getting closer!!

2uge4p4.gif

2 weeks and we will be there!! What is everyone bringing to the crop? Last year I had swap stuff, but didn't join any swaps this year... I'm thinking maybe Christmas cards? CJ pages? 365 stuff?

I need to get a new rolling tote, my old one broke over the winter...

is there going to be a DIS Meet at the CKU?

I'm not going to any of the crops since I'm taking my 9 yo DD and she just doesn't have the attention span to stay through a whole crop but I am staying onsite.

The last few years we have had a meet at lunch on Friday...Marlynn's Meat Meet. But I haven't seen her here in a bit, so not sure :confused3

Last year we had a table at the crop on Friday night with balloons, and all DISers were welcome to join... Anyone was to do that again this year?

I'll have my LGMHs on everything, and be wearing my big Mickey Icon earrings...if you see a big girl with LGMHs, that's me...PLEASE say "HI!" :teeth:

I really don't know how this happened, but I missed sign ups. I know! missed them...sigh... :confused:

So, I won't be at the crops or any classes...but I would be up for lunch on Friday, I think...I should be able to get the kids to go to friends...keep me posted and let me know if you need anything from me. :)

duh...

This will be my 4th year at CK and it never ceases to amaze me how many people bring food with them and eat in their rooms. But looking at my class schedules/crops there really is so little time to eat and I always feel there are so few choices (without leaving the hotel). So now I'm thinking it may be easier to bring food and eat in our room.

Has anyone done this before? If so, what kind of food did you bring?

Yes, we brought food last year, and are planning to do it this year too. It worked so well for us... Breakfast was bagels and cream cheese. Lunch was Marlyn's Meat Meet on Friday, and snacky stuff on Saturday... Dinner the first night was subs from a home sub shop, and the next night was meatball sammies...

My group of friends are meeting on Thursday to hammer out a menu for this year...We are a bigger group this time, 6 of us, so it will be interesting what we can come up with...

I agree, the restaurants are very limited at the venue, and if you are short on time, it really stinks if you have bad service... Plus we saved a bunch of $$$ and were able to spend more at the vendor faire :teeth:

I really don't know how this happened, but I missed sign ups. I know! missed them...sigh... :confused:

So, I won't be at the crops or any classes...but I would be up for lunch on Friday, I think...I should be able to get the kids to go to friends...keep me posted and let me know if you need anything from me. :)

duh...

smiley_doh_ani.gif
D'OH !! Mickster!! It's not going to be the same without you!!!

Maybe you can get a ticket to the crop at the show? :)

Yes, we brought food last year, and are planning to do it this year too.

How do you keep it all cold? Do you bring coolers and fill them with ice? I have seen some people pulling coolers through the hallways and always wondered if the hotel gave them any problems. I may just have to limit my clothes and pack a cooler with some lunchmeat and pasta salad. I have a small hot pot I could use to heat up some roast beef and gravy. May have to drag my Keurig with me, too. I'm always craving a good cup of coffee when I'm there and haven't been able to find one.

Last year someone at our Saturday night crop table called and had a pizza delivered. (All I could think about was Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.)

Micki, I brought a cooler to ckc last year at the Marriott - the bellman loaded it on the cart with all the luggage and never blinked an eye. Ate out of that thing all weekend and darn glad I had it. I always pack a dry box too, with coffee, filters, bagels, crackers, napkins, plates, s&p, etc. If it's a hotel chain where I know they use somekind of flakey coffee maker (Sheraton comes to mind), then I pack the coffee pot too. Of course that only works if you drive, not fly.

Thanks, Linda. I think this just might work for us. It's only two of us this year but we have opposite classes and there really is such little time to find something to eat. I've never been happy with the quick lunch down on the floor and the restaurants are just okay. I would be much happier munching on a bagel with my own coffee. And it will be easy to pack since we'll be driving (we're only an hour away.)

Thanks, again!

Is someone making something for the table again this year? I have the whole day off this time so I will make it to the crop on time this year.

Last year we had balloons with a big LGMH hanging from them for the center of the table... I was planning on doing that again for Friday night, and someone can take them for Saturday night as I'm not going to that one ...

As for the food, we were at the Scanticon last year, and they have a fridge...but I also had the coolers, mine and my friend's. I took my coffee thermos too, and filled it from the little pot in the room the night before, so we could all get our fix first thing... I think it was 2 or 3 pots full...

Last year DH got me a big rolling cooler on wheels, so I'll be using that this time...This year EVERYTHING will be on wheels, because with all the people coming in, finding someone to bellhop can be a challenge...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter