CKC Valley Forge 2009

Oh GOOD!!! I'm printing the classes and going to work on this at work tomorrow.

I was thinking about taking the all day Thursday Album class...did anyone take this in the past?

Thanks for the updated class info. Most of the classes I'm interested in are on Friday but for one Saturday. Humm, wonder if Mom can take off and watch the girls?:confused3

ddavis860...I took the all day class a couple of years ago. Although the class was ok...the album was not to my task...they pages really did not match at all. I felt that I could of used my money someplace else (maybe shopping)...I don't think I would do this again...but my words and $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee.

I will do a spreadsheet for all attendees again after registration - just pm me if you want to be included.
And do you want to attend the 3rd annual 'Meat Meet'?

I've nailed down my schedule for Saturday as Megan will be coming with me. Spoiled brat!
I'm still working out Friday - I am thinking of booking extras (marked w/**) and just picking up the class kits. My plan is to travel much lighter this year and just work on the stuff I get during the day at the crop Friday night.

Friday
**8:30 - 9:30 All Creatures Great & Small
**8:30 - 9:30 Shape Up Your Layouts
8:30 - 10:00 A Taste of Scraptique Part Duex
9:50 - 10:50 Kiss the Cook Recipe Book
11:10 - 12:10 Latest & Greatest Basic Grey
**12:30 - 1:30 Cookie Sheet Message Board
3:10 - 4:10 Play
**4:30 - 5:30 Sweet & Sassy
**6:00 - 7:00 For the Record
7:00 - 11:30 Friday Night Crop

Saturday

12:30 - 1:30 Creativity on Display
1:50 - 2:50 Dutch Door Travel Book
3:10 - 4:10 All Tagged & Files Mini Album
4:30 - 5:30 Come Full Circle

These are the classes that I'm hoping to get in:

Friday
8:30-9:30 - All Creatures Great and Small (may have to get the kit if I don't get there in time :lmao:)
9:50-10:50 - In the Doghouse III
3:10-5:10 - Album Enhancing Techniques-I love the classes that SEI has taught at CKU's so I'm hoping this one will be a good one.

Saturday
9:50-10:50 - 2009 Latest & Greated with Basic Grey (I've heard this is a great class)
11:10-12:10 - Paradise Found

Still trying to decide whether I want to take "A Taste of Scraptique Part Deux" - did anyone take this last year? and if they did - how was it?

I'm leaving plenty of time for my DD and I to do some of the make & takes. I'm going to crop in my room since I'll have my DD and she's only 9 and she would rather crop while watching TV :rotfl:

replies in bold...

These are the classes that I'm hoping to get in:

Saturday
9:50-10:50 - 2009 Latest & Greated with Basic Grey (I've heard this is a great class)

I always take this class - I love Basic Grey. They finally moved i to the ballroom last year because soooo many people go. It's a huge class and numerous session. The layouts are always great but it does move quickly. I need to search for my class reviews I did here so you can see last years.

Still trying to decide whether I want to take "A Taste of Scraptique Part Deux" - did anyone take this last year? and if they did - how was it?

I haven't taken it before but I am this year because they use my favorite manufacturer's - I love Fancy Pants, Prima & Kaiser. I hope it's good!

I plan on going again this year. Since I seem to continuously be maxing out my accumulated sick time, I may be "not feeling too well" and need to take Thursday and/or Friday off.

I can not believe some of you have already picked out classes....I am still looking at them. I have at least norrowed it down to what I want to take and know I need to choose from them....this is way to hard.

So tell a newbie what to expect when I go...

If I drive there and not spend the night, where to park? Approx cost a day?

If I spend the night is the hotel right there they are ad for the 115 a night? (So could I park at the hotel and walk to the events?)

Anything else in the area worth doing while there? It has been 15 years since I nannied in Philly and all I remember in the area is Ikea and the big mall.:rotfl:

I read another post about the projects and I am assuming packing a lunch/snacks is okay there?

Also what is the dress code for Disers there? I heard/read Disers had balloons and totes marked with mickys but what is the plan for this year? I have a cricut which is dying to be broken in.:rotfl2:

see below

So tell a newbie what to expect when I go...

If I drive there and not spend the night, where to park? Approx cost a day?
There is tons of parking at the convention center - no charge - but if you aren't there first thing you will have quite a walk.

If I spend the night is the hotel right there they are ad for the 115 a night? (So could I park at the hotel and walk to the events?)
I don't know the pricing but the hotels are attached to the convention center - you don't need to go outside to get from the convention rooms to your hotel room.

Anything else in the area worth doing while there? It has been 15 years since I nannied in Philly and all I remember in the area is Ikea and the big mall.:rotfl: The malls is even bigger now, lol. And you will be right next to Valley Forge park if you're interested in history - it's a nice place to walk around but too hot for me at the end of July/beginning of August.

I read another post about the projects and I am assuming packing a lunch/snacks is okay there? Yes, you can pack!

Also what is the dress code for Disers there? I heard/read Disers had balloons and totes marked with mickys but what is the plan for this year? I have a cricut which is dying to be broken in.:rotfl2:I don't know what the plan is yet - I think there was takl of making pins for this year!

Did anyone take any of the photography classes last year? Any thoughts or reviews on these classes?

Here is what I like

Thurs night crop

Friday
830 --taste of scraptique deux
1110 -- boy chipboard
1230 --digital SLR photo
150 -- disney lickety split
310 - come full circle
430 - photos first

Friday night crop

Saturday
950 basic grey
1110 - sketchabilities
1230 -- fast & furious with Lickety Split
150 - Chipboard Callendar wall hanging

I have never been to the convention -- babysitting gets me every year. Since DH will be away, I know it will be a problem again. SO this is what I think I would like, but it is not very likely.

I haven't left much time for shopping.....what's better: the classes or the shopping?

I went to the convention last year and bought a bunch of supplies (which I'd like to finally put to use :rolleyes:). I was thinking of registering for some classes. Many of them say they are fast-paced (even the beginner ones). Will I be totally lost? I've scrapped 2 pages in my entire life, so I'm definitely a newbie (with a fortune in supplies).

Also, has anyone taken the card-making classes? There were many listed. Which ones were worth taking?

Thanks for any advice.

Terri

There are some bargains and it's nice to be able to see some products in person. But I spend most of my $'s on the classes. The retail value of the supplies is more than the class cost and you can learn something new! That's why I will even register for some classes and just pick up the kit and leave (I do that for ones I know supply good instrustions).

While the classes are fast paced, I don't think they are overwhelming. Get to the class as soon as they are letting people in and sit toward the front (if you have a problem you'll be close to the instructor), have the supplies you need for the class organized and ready and you should be fine.

I haven't taken any card classes but I think ddavis has. I had the 7 Minute Cards class by Boxer Scrapbooks on my short list but it didn't make the final cut, lol. I know Boxer has a great reputation for their classes.

Marlynn, as usual, you are the best...posting the floor plan, and making the spread sheets are soooo helpful! Thank you!!

Yes, the classes are fast pased, but if you know how to work your tools you will be fine. And the biggest thing I can stress to a newbie, is not to stress! The classes I've taken have been really easy to catch up on missed stuff at home, or at the crop that night. Just know how to work everything, and there is lots of time before to play with stuff. I've taken card classes before, and have gotten a few really good ideas from them, which I used for card swaps on the DIS.

As for rooms, if you want one, better call and reserve now. You can always cancel, but my experience has been that they book early.

Marlynn, I would love a DIS Meet again!! Do you want to do the Meat Meet, or would a pizza party or something like that be better? We could get delivery, and have a bring beverages, and desserts kind of thing. Just a thought... But, there are 6 just in my group of friends going...

I have my list...now to narrow it down to what and when...

Does anyone remember the names of the classrooms that are in the lower level of the Radission?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter