CKC Valley Forge 2009

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
CKC-Valley Forge, July 30 - August 1, 2009
Valley Forge Convention Center, King of Prussia, PA
Registration dates: 4/29/09 - 7/12/09

The site I bookmarked isn't working anymore. Seems there has been a change at CK.

This is the new site: http://www.scrapandpapercorner.com/events/ckc/valley_forge/classroom.html

Pasadena is right before us, and seems to be working, so hopefully Valley Forge will come online soon.

Thanks so much. I kept going to google and searching for it....I guess now I will need to bookmark it.

bump2.gif

So, anyone getting excited yet?

I have wanted to go for years! I was booked last year and had to cancel. I'd like to go this year, but I'd have to arrange for babysitting as DH will be away.

Okay a newbie here... I have been CM scrapbooking for years 10plus and just recently getting into ACmoore and Mikes supplies and cricut. (now that I have more time and the girls are older)

So, I just want to go and see stuff, can't take any classes since my DDs are too young. (I heard there are some make and takes) Would it be a waste of time to go? It is only 2 hours away and nothing really good here shop wise that I know of.

Can you buy a bunch of stuff on the floor there or is it just displays? I figure if I bring a ton of $ it would find someplace to be spent and hopefully learn a ton of ideas.:confused3

Anyone going from South Central PA?

Okay a newbie here... I have been CM scrapbooking for years 10plus and just recently getting into ACmoore and Mikes supplies and cricut. (now that I have more time and the girls are older)

So, I just want to go and see stuff, can't take any classes since my DDs are too young. (I heard there are some make and takes) Would it be a waste of time to go? It is only 2 hours away and nothing really good here shop wise that I know of.

Can you buy a bunch of stuff on the floor there or is it just displays? I figure if I bring a ton of $ it would find someplace to be spent and hopefully learn a ton of ideas.:confused3

Anyone going from South Central PA?

Oh, you will be able to spend your $$$. The classes mostly promote the products on the vendor floor anyway. They have make it take its, samples to see, loads of machines, discount ribbons, a whole brad/eyelet dealer...

OMG...really not a prob spending all your money! :lmao:

PaulaSue - depending on the age of your DD, they may be able to come into the classroom with you. A few years ago I took my then 8 year old DD to CKC and sat at the end of the table and she sat beside me and helped me with the class. The instructors had no problem with it and actually ended up having her help out. Of course, she's been coming to CKC's & Expo's since she was 4.

This year I'm taking my 9 year old DD and we'll be doing a weekend out of it. My 11 year old is staying home with Dad for some Dad/DD bonding time!

I would LOVE that but with 3 DD (ages, 10,8 and 6 at the time) I think that would be pushing it.:goodvibes

I called yesterday to the Radisson for another room, and had a huge problem. They had changed my original ressie, and totally messed things up.

If you have a confirmed ressie to the Scanticon/Radisson you might want to call and see what they have in their computer system. I was able to get what I needed, but I'll be calling back every week just to make sure they didn't change things again. I don't know what they are thinking confirming double rooms, and then changing them to king sized rooms. I love my friends, but I can't see the 3 of us in a king....just a bit too cozy for us :rotfl2:

bump2.gif

Still no classes posted. I wrote CKC a couple of weeks ago, no answer. Just wrote them again. Haven't classes been posted by now in the past?

Believe it or not, when I was cleaning my office, I found a notebook with random notes in it...one of the notes was to look at the CKC classes for sign ups on April 12...weird...:scared1:

I finally got a reply:

Registration for Valley Forge will open April 29th. I have no ETA for when classes will be posted, all I can tell you is that it will be prior to the event launching. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
CK Conventions

Well, that was helpful...NOT!! :(

Decisions, decisions!!!!

I'm going to try and get into the BasicGrey & Disney one but there are at least 4 others I would like as well - It's going to be an expensive weekend :lmao:

I got an email today...I was just coming here to post that classes are up. I haven't checked them yet...

I would LOVE to do something like CKC, but I just attended a Crop Classix event in my area, so I think it will have to wait. Maybe next year. Especially since we are spending money $$ on WDW this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter