Better than Visa Magic Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly what is going to happen, so don't get too use to this code.
The people on the phone at National never knew anything about this code, now all of a sudden they are getting all these calls and emails.
Ding ding ding, we better check this code out, then it's taken away. I've seen this happen a few times.

I have a feeling that people calling won't matter. I think what will happen is you will get to the coutner and be asked to provide proof that you are either a travel agent or with travel solutions. If you can't, you won't be granted the rate. How can you then get upset if you weren't entitled to the discount to begin with.

I think a half dozen phone calls about a code is not even a blip on the radar at a call center such as National, nor do they care. As for the code, nothing is stated online during a reservation process (such as the need to enter a member ID), or the confirmation, that it is not an 'okay' code, same as the myriad of other codes used on a daily basis.

I think a half dozen phone calls about a code is not even a blip on the radar at a call center such as National, nor do they care. As for the code, nothing is stated online during a reservation process (such as the need to enter a member ID), or the confirmation, that it is not an 'okay' code, same as the myriad of other codes used on a daily basis.

My last post disappeared..UGH!

Anyway, it may not state on line that the code is not ok, but what happens when you go to the counter to pick up the car? They can still turn you away then since you cannot provide the proper ID, right?

As for the code, nothing is stated online during a reservation process (such as the need to enter a member ID), or the confirmation, that it is not an 'okay' code, same as the myriad of other codes used on a daily basis.

Anyway, it may not state on line that the code is not ok, but what happens when you go to the counter to pick up the car? They can still turn you away then since you cannot provide the proper ID, right?

Interestingly, on alamo.com it states that "I.D./Corporate I.D.: Association customers, in order to receive your member benefits and discounted rates, please provide your I.D. for all reservations. Corporate customers, In order to receive your program rates and benefits, please provide your Corporate I.D. for all reservations."

I don't see the same on National (a sibling company to alamo)... it simply states "Contract ID: If your company has a contract, please enter the ID number here."

I'm still reading through fine print, but TECHNICALLY it doesn't ask for us to present ID. Hmmmm... interesting. I'm not stating an opinion, just more food for thought. If other rental sites have the fine print, but National doesn't, that's odd to me.

I know it doesn't help, but just thought I'd throw another log on the fire. :confused3

My last post disappeared..UGH!

All I know, from my personal experience, with maybe 30 or 40 National, Alamo and a Hertz or two rentals over the past half dozen or so years, and using, collectively, maybe 10 or so different ID codes, and probably as many different coupon codes, I have never been asked for any authorization as to an ID code, and only several times to provide an Entertainment coupon (I always have an actual coupon, if it is not listed as an E coupon). Just my personal experience and the way I read it.

That's what I'm worried about, now that people are calling and emailing specifically asking about the code, I have a feeling it may not fly under the radar for long.

For those of us using Emerald aisle/reserve, it most likely would've worked....

The Dis Board Giveth, The Dis Board Taketh Away....

Also, I was on another board, where people were discussing this and Dan's right, you wouldn't believe the number of codes out there.

I just called and spoke with a nice guy named Karen. He said that the code was a complimentay code from Travel Solutions. He said that you did not have to work there or be a travel agent. He checked with a supervisor and stated that no ID was needed. It can be used in conjunction with the $30 e-coupon. He made the following reservation for me for 4/19 to 4/27. It seems to good to be true so I will keep my Alamo reservation as back-up. It is $289.

P
Base Rate - Minivan (USD)
(1) Time & Distance ($178.28/Week) $178.28
(1) Extra - Time & Distance ($38.18/Day) $38.18
Discount Coupon Accepted ($30.00)
Contract ID 8572967
Inclusive Rate Items
Loss Damage Waiver Full Included
Supplemental Liability Insurance Included
Co Cost Of Doing Business At Ap Included
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day Included
Tire/battery Fee .02/day Included
License Recoupment Fee .46/day Included
Sales Tax (7.0%) $4.54
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

For information on coverage products, ex:Loss Damage Waiver(LDW) click here

Subtotal $191.00
Taxes, Surcharges and Fees Co Cost Of Doing Business At Ap ($2.63)
Sales Tax (7.0%) ($2.28)
Subtotal ($4.91)
Estimated Total Estimated charges are confirmed based on the information you have provided; only taxes, fees, and surcharges are subject to change. $186.09

I just called and spoke with a nice guy named Karen. He said that the code was a complimentay code from Travel Solutions. He said that you did not have to work there or be a travel agent. He checked with a supervisor and stated that no ID was needed. It can be used in conjunction with the $30 e-coupon. He made the following reservation for me for 4/19 to 4/27. It seems to good to be true so I will keep my Alamo reservation as back-up. It is $289.

Which code, 8572957 or 8572967??

Thanks tbrenk!!:thumbsup2

Let us know how it goes!!:dance3:

Thanks. Of course, I am still nervous about using it. I am travelling with my MIL and SIL and am worrie dthey will think I am nuts. Hopefully, the Alamo and National counter and near each other if I have trouble.

I'm sure it will be fine.:goodvibes :flower3: :goodvibes

I too, will keep a backup ressie, just in case.;)

Have fun, your going soon!!!:dance3:

EDITED-----After reading through all the other threads and another forum discussing these codes, I re-booked. I used the *67 code since it's been dubbed the "complimentary code". Seems a little safer to me. The rate stays the same.

- Show quoted text -
Your level of service is Executive Selection. Please proceed directly to the Executive Selection area to choose your vehicle.

Rate Information

Item: Prices
(USD)

Car Class: Midsize 4-Door/Automatic/Air

Rates:
Time & distance 1 WEEK @ $127.45 $127.45
Extra - time & distance 0 DAY @ $29.00 $0.00
Extra - time & distance 0 HOUR @ $9.67 $0.00
Unlimited distance-time & distance 0 DISTANCE @ $0.00 $0.00

Contract I.D. 8572967

Inclusive Rate Items
(7) Loss damage waiver full Included
(7) Supplemental liability insurance Included
Concession fee recov chrg 9.8 pct Included
(7) Florida surcharge 2.00/day Included
(7) Tire/battery fee .02/day Included
(7) License recoupment fee .46/day Included
Sales tax (6.50%) $5.55 Included
Guaranteed Base Rate Included
Unlimited Miles Included

Sub total.....................................................$133.00

Coverages:
Loss Damage Waiver Full $0.00
Supplemental Liability Insurance $0.00

Total Estimate................................................$133.00
(Country of Residence: US) (USD)
Approximate Estimated Conversion: $133.00

Read this about TQ3 Travel Solutions:

TQ3 Travel Solutions is the leading provider of quality travel management services worldwide. Operating in over 70 countries with system-wide revenues in excess of $9 billion USD, TQ3 employs more than 12,000 business professionals throughout 1,600 locations. TQ3 Travel Solutions is owned equally by Maritz Inc., of St. Louis, Missouri, (#150 on Forbes Largest Private Companies), the world's largest source of integrated client services, and by TUI AG of Hanover, Germany, (a DAX 30 company) the world's leading travel and tourism group.

These codes are pre-negotiated Corporate Id's. We wouldn't even be a blip on the radar considering they have 12,000 employees at 1,600 locations.

This is so tempting but only if its valid for everyone. It would drop my 14 day California one-way rental from $383.90 to $266 for mid-size from EA with $35 ecoupon & the magic 8 code. 8572987

I see tbrenk73 has confirmation on the 6 code, but crazypants made ressie with the 5 code. What is the difference between the 5 & 6 code for validity? If same, why have 2 codes? I wouldn't want to use the wrong one.

This is so tempting but only if its valid for everyone. It would drop my 14 day California one-way rental from $383.90 to $266 for mid-size from EA with $35 ecoupon & the magic 8 code. 8572987

I see tbrenk73 has confirmation on the 6 code, but crazypants made ressie with the 5 code. What is the difference between the 5 & 6 code for validity? If same, why have 2 codes? I wouldn't want to use the wrong one.

The *87 code is the Visa code that anyone can use, lots of people have reported success.

The *57 code is a TA code, we're not sure can be used. The *67 code is a complimentary code, supposedly OK for all to use. We're awaiting feedback.;)

Not sure if you were renting at the time of the Priceless code (66000330) now that was a code, it basically gave the cars away. People called and emailed, National got wind of it and took it away. That was also a Travel Agent code and boy it was nice while it lasted.
I have rented about 24 times, just in the past year, mostly with National, 2 with Alamo. I know every code there is, but time will tell.
I do wish everyone that is using that code, the very best. :hug:

Not sure if you were renting at the time of the Priceless code (66000330) now that was a code, it basically gave the cars away. People called and emailed, National got wind of it and took it away. That was also a Travel Agent code and boy it was nice while it lasted.
I have rented about 24 times, just in the past year, mostly with National, 2 with Alamo. I know every code there is, but time will tell.
I do wish everyone that is using that code, the very best. :hug:

That was the code I was trying to think of. It was several years ago and my aging brain can't remember all the details. I seem to remember people getting stuck at the counter. Any confirmation of that? I just have to figure out how much of a gambling person I am!

In October, my Alamo reservation price was different than my pick-up price by $30 for a 3 day rental. The desk could not/would not assist me as they stated they are not connected to the reservation system. I had to call the reservation system number and the CS line (I think that is how it was). In the end, I was getting the run around and DH said let's just pay it so we could start the short trip. I took care of it when I got back but it was a big inconvenience. I learned that DH has no tolerance to deal with any issues with a rental car. For me it was not the $30 but the principle. I will say that was the only issue I ever had with the many times I rented ro Alamo. Never had any issues with National.

The Priceless code's big thing was that it charged no concession fee, an error. So it was always about 10% less than any other code. It was always honored. When it was discovered that it was an error in their system, they corrected it. Priceless was always, and still is honored.

The Priceless code's big thing was that it charged no concession fee, an error. So it was always about 10% less than any other code. It was always honored. When it was discovered that it was an error in their system, they corrected it. Priceless was always, and still is honored.

Dan
The priceless code was being used for 5 years on FT without a problem. Yes it's still available, but the bottom line is the price is much higher now, to mention you cannot use it any more.
But like I said before, I wish everyone the best, no matter the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter