• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Better than Visa Magic Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!! That rate saved me $85 compared to what I had booked for our week in May. I would love to hear if anyone has used the code and if they were asked for ID.

This doesn't help Orlando people (and I too would like to use it for my June Disney trip), but my husband just used that code at our local airport (Tulsa) and had absolutely no problems. :confused3

Did he use 57 or 67? And did he go to the counter or is he an Emerald Club member?

I mean people have called and been told it is OK to use, from different reps. I think I would have to argue that point with the gate attendant and say "look, I called the main office and talked to two different people who said it was fine to use this code, so you should honor it and teach ALL the reps what the correct response is when asked this question." I think it's National's problem not ours.

I did some investigating last night on the mystery code 8572957. It is from a travel company called "TQ3 Travel Solutions" it seem that it seems that this is an employee code which might require id of some sort. To make things alittle more interesting, TQ3 Travel Solutions bought out Carlson Travel. For those that have been poking around here for awhile all you had to do when you used the Carlson Contract id was to make up a bogus Business card to show the national employee in the booth that you are affiliated with Carlson. Let us all know how this works because this is a magical number.:yay:

I tried with ND2119071Q $35 off and it worked just fine on a 7 day trip starting April 22. I can't wait to see what happens when someone tries it. I would make sure I tell the person in the booth that I work for TQ3 Travel Solutions. I have never seen a National code offer such a discount. It's incredible!!!!

:scared: :scared1: :sad2:
That's one way to ruin the DIS board reputation for sure. Sorry, I won't be telling any lies and especially won't be making up bogus business cards.

Well, as a Costco member, I did not like non-members using their coupons and codes to get better rates with Alamo. Yes, it says it is for members on the links, but it was never enforced as far as I know.

So, I give up, and will try one of these codes. (I will not make up a false ID or anything, that is a little extreme) If they really wanted to protect the use of the codes, they easily could.

Did he use 57 or 67? And did he go to the counter or is he an Emerald Club member?

We used 67, but 57 gave him the same rate. Either one of these codes included the insurance and a coupon, while applied, would then be added back in so it was a wash and I didn't use a coupon. He is not a member of Emerald Club (I am) so he used the counter. I called before he left for the airport and the lady there said it wouldn't be a problem . . . and it wasn't. All this being said, I'm still leary about Orlando. That National tends to be more diligent. Plus, I kept a back-up reservation for my husband in case there was a problem. That's harder to do when you sign in under your "club" number.

Could someone help me? I joined the Emerald Club and have reserved a car but the confirmation says I need to pick it up at the counter. Shouldn't I be able to skip the counter and go to the garage? How would I change my information so I get the aisle service? Thanks so much!

Oh! And thank you to the OP!! I got a compact for a week in May for $85 including taxes and fees. Woo Hoo!!

Just thinking outloud here, that with the somewhat recent addition of the 'Membership ID' field (I think it is recent), immediately to the right of the 'Contract ID' field, that if some ID was required to validate the use of a specific Contract ID, that that would be asked in the reservation process?

And I fully agree with gardenhoe a few posts up, no good lying about it. If I were asked, I would simply tell the person at the checkout that I was given the code, along with many codes over the past years, on a Net BB, and that there was no validation asked for in the reservation process, nor does it specify or indicate one as being needed on the confirm.

I booked a few months ago using AAA and got a price of $240.18 total for 9 days. That was the cheapest I could find. When I use the codes it brings me down to $162 plus tax and other charges (not sure of total) but if I don't put any codes in and only my Emerald Isle info it brings it down to $197 total ($150 base rate).

I really hate these codes.

Just a note of caution.....please, please, please be careful when using any code, coupon..whatever..that you are not sure you are entitled to. You have no way of knowing what could happen at the rental office when you show up. I would hate for someone to have to pay a huge extra amount, that they weren't counting on, based on a code that was shared here. Take, and use, what you are entitled to...buyer (code user) beware, so to speak.
And please, don't go off and make yourselves up fake business cards. That's just wrong.

Could someone help me? I joined the Emerald Club and have reserved a car but the confirmation says I need to pick it up at the counter. Shouldn't I be able to skip the counter and go to the garage? How would I change my information so I get the aisle service? Thanks so much!

Oh! And thank you to the OP!! I got a compact for a week in May for $85 including taxes and fees. Woo Hoo!!

In order to skip the counter you have to fiil in your Emerald Club member profile. They will want your drivers license information and a credit card number.

Just today, my Alamo reservation for May dropped below the rate provided by this new Magic Corporate ID, so I dropped my National ressie. But I'm still interested to learn how it works out for others.

Wow, I put in these codes and got a total rate of $186 for a minivan for an 8 day rental. This is way too good to be true. Where do you get the coupon?

i never add the EA info (as to guarantee CC); until shortly before the trip...once i have decided which of the 2 or 3 ressies @ different companies i'll be using.

sorta feel bad to be tying up a car that somebody else could use but, it appears to be the standard M.O.:confused3

until the companies start charging a fee for cancellations, it will continue...although i draw the line @ multiple ressies with the same company...believe they've started to eliminate that process too?

i never add the EA info (as to guarantee CC); until shortly before the trip...once i have decided which of the 2 or 3 ressies @ different companies i'll be using.

i've been trying to add my EC info to an existing ressie without any luck (view/modify doesn't include an EC box, even if logging into EC first).
is there a way to add the EC number online, or do i need to call?

tyia:)

sorta feel bad to be tying up a car that somebody else could use but, it appears to be the standard M.O.:confused3

until the companies start charging a fee for cancellations, it will continue...although i draw the line @ multiple ressies with the same company...believe they've started to eliminate that process too?

I just made a back-up ressie at National in addition to the original ressie... also at National. So it looks like they accept more than one. <fingers crossed>

I'm worried, why do you not enter your CC info when you book?

Mary

Just today, my Alamo reservation for May dropped below the rate provided by this new Magic Corporate ID, so I dropped my National ressie. But I'm still interested to learn how it works out for others.

Awesome! Did you use any codes for this reservation? Care to share? ;)

I called National this morning and asked about the 8572957 Corporate ID. I said someone told me to use it, but they didn't know who it came from. I was told who it belong to (Travel Solutions) but was advised not to use it, just in case. This was before the 8572967 code was being discussed.

I'd be interested in learning if anyone who uses it is required to submit some type of ID.

What is the difference between the 8572957 and 8572967?

Awesome! Did you use any codes for this reservation? Care to share? ;)

I used the Amex Corporate ID (7014291) and the $25 coupon code (AD3829MRB). It's an e-coupon and I've used it before and no one has asked for a physical coupon to be presented. We'll be picking up the car on May 9, and I expected the rates to go up from here on. I was really surprised when the rate today went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter