Better than Visa Magic Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are Emerald Aisle members for years and have been asked for the coupons when I forgot to hand it over at the gate. I now make usre I staple it to the reservation I hand over at the date. Also, I believe a couple years back, Emerald Aisle members were being asked for ID on another travel agent code - I can't recall the name of the code but Mousesavers ended up removing it because they were asking for ID. PLEASE proceed with extreme caution. I want everyone to enjoy the start of their vacation!

Yipes:scared1:
I'm not too sure about this then!

I also had found this upgrade coupon code: NU1234NAJ but don't know where it is from and wouldn't have it available either!

what to do what to do

In order to skip the counter you have to fiil in your Emerald Club member profile. They will want your drivers license information and a credit card number.

Thank you. Actually my license and credit card info was already on file but, after checking National's site further, it looks like you have to rent a vehicle above a compact to skip the counter. I've got a compact. :goodvibes

So I tried the *57* code to see how it affected my ressie for August (8/16-22 off the aisle). Dropped me from $189 to $133 inclusive. So I called Emerald Club to inquire as to whether I would have a problem and if I need ID, any sort of anything with this code.

Nice young man named Ruben helped me out. After checking and coming up with a much higher rate, he did it again (I think he was using the wrong code) and came up with the exact rate I did. I ended up eliminating the coupon because as many said, it took the $20 off, then added it back in. He was very surprised that there was no tax, nothing (all marked as included in this rate). He put me on hold for a while and then came back and said it was good, no problems, it apparently waived the taxes and would I like him to book it for me? I said yes, took his name, again was assured that nothing was required beyond my national card and CC. He sent me an email confirm (gave him my EC number) and I now have it.

I kept my other ressie (slightly different pick up time) and I'll wait and see what happens over the next weeks as people using this code go for pickup.

So I tried the *57* code to see how it affected my ressie for August (8/16-22 off the aisle). Dropped me from $189 to $133 inclusive. So I called Emerald Club to inquire as to whether I would have a problem and if I need ID, any sort of anything with this code.

Nice young man named Ruben helped me out. After checking and coming up with a much higher rate, he did it again (I think he was using the wrong code) and came up with the exact rate I did. I ended up eliminating the coupon because as many said, it took the $20 off, then added it back in. He was very surprised that there was no tax, nothing (all marked as included in this rate). He put me on hold for a while and then came back and said it was good, no problems, it apparently waived the taxes and would I like him to book it for me? I said yes, took his name, again was assured that nothing was required beyond my national card and CC. He sent me an email confirm (gave him my EC number) and I now have it.

I kept my other ressie (slightly different pick up time) and I'll wait and see what happens over the next weeks as people using this code go for pickup.

Interesting, I just called and was told that it was a Travel Solutions travel agent code and I would need to provide proof that I was a travel agent.

I think it is too risky to use that contract ID.

Used contract ID 8572967 and the ecoupon NF1982JDD($30 off) and got $165.33 for a Minivan, 7 days 5/3- 5/10. Also will be checking back to see if we need to be a member of something to use the mystery code above. Maybe I should call National about the code as well.

These are the best rates I've gotten for our upcoming trip.

I tried these codes for a full size May 31-June 7 and Alamo is about the same price with the Walmart code.

I tried this code with the $35 off coupon code as well. The rate for a minivan for 9 days came up at $219! That is $100 less than the same thing booked at Dollar.

After reading through this & the other National Codes thread I decided to call National. I spoke with Keith and he told me that since I did not work for that company (not specified) that I couldn't use the code. While talking to himself he did say something about a "complimentary code" which has been mentioned on one of the threads. He did say I could use the $35 coupon & that I did not need to present it at the time of rental.

However, as there seems to be a LOT of confusion at National on this, I am going to hold onto the reservation for now & see what happens with some of the people that are going before we leave in May.

I'm really hoping this works because that is an amazing rate & a huge savings!

Thank you. Actually my license and credit card info was already on file but, after checking National's site further, it looks like you have to rent a vehicle above a compact to skip the counter. I've got a compact. :goodvibes

I'm an Emerald Club member, and I've skipped the counter when renting a compact.

The reason you need to show your license and credit card at the gate is because they want to make sure you're who you say you are.

Interesting, I just called and was told that it was a Travel Solutions travel agent code and I would need to provide proof that I was a travel agent.

I think it is too risky to use that contract ID.

I'm thinking the same thing. For me it's not worth the risk of getting there and being asked for proof. The whole time I would be worried about it. So I'm going with Alamo and am happy with getting 8 days for under $100.

I tried these codes for a full size May 31-June 7 and Alamo is about the same price with the Walmart code.

I've also been playing with codes at the Alamo site & seems like people are getting awesome deals for fullsize or less but the Minivan prices have not budged (for my dates anyway). So I'm keeping my National reservation for now & watching to see if people have any problems with the *57, 67 codes. Seems like people get different responses when calling National.

Just FYI, with these codes, the coupon is added back in for the Emerald Aisle smaller cars. But, when you do Emerald reserve, and select larger cars, the coupon is applied, sort of on a sliding scale. So, I reserved a standard SUV for only $20 more than the EA intermediate.

Nice. Room for luggage now. :hippie:

I agree with CamAnd, that's the same as our situation. Personally, after hearing others have called and gotten names of people who work there who have told them it's fine to use these codes (even after being put on hold), I don't think there will be a big problem. As I've said before, I would argue that National's own employees are giving out this info. And as someone else has said before it's their own fault, they could certainly protect themselves if they wanted to. It's not like their giving the cars away for free or $1/day. We would be paying around $26/day, that's nothing to sneeze at!! And if they want to move vehicles, maybe this is the way to do it.:upsidedow

I sent an e-mail to National's customer service today asking about the code. I will advise if and when I get a response. Hopefully they will respond and give me something in writing.

I sent an e-mail to National's customer service today asking about the code. I will advise if and when I get a response. Hopefully they will respond and give me something in writing.

cool thanks bcuinohio! Can't wait to hear if they give you a response.

just have to hope that emails to them don't "red flag" it and eliminate it entirely:confused3

I'm actually getting a better rate with Alamo for an 8 day rental. It seemed to be a better deal with National (than Alamo) when using the magic code for a 2 day rental.

just have to hope that emails to them don't "red flag" it and eliminate it entirely:confused3

That's what I'm worried about, now that people are calling and emailing specifically asking about the code, I have a feeling it may not fly under the radar for long.

This is exactly what is going to happen, so don't get too use to this code.
The people on the phone at National never knew anything about this code, now all of a sudden they are getting all these calls and emails.
Ding ding ding, we better check this code out, then it's taken away. I've seen this happen a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter