• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Better than Visa Magic Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had any trouble, or been asked to show anything with any code or coupon (sometimes the coupon itself, if it was a paper one, like Entertainment) ever posted here or Mary's Mousesavers site, including the Carlson code posted in the past.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be careful using this code. I made the exact same mistake as the OP did about a month ago. I called Alamo twice and was told both times I would need to show proof of employment/IATA ID at the gate. I would at a minimum have a back up plan. The rate is incredible so it does make sense that it is only for a select group of people. I am erring on the side of caution and not using the code. I don't need any potential hassles while I am starting out on my vacation.

This is an amazing code!! It brought my 9 day minivan rental for the end of May down $120 from what I had with the Visa code. I really hope it works!!

I just called National, the person I got said 8572967 was a complimentary code and 8572977 was from "International Travel Partnership". Also said that I might be required to provide ID at car pick-up.

The codes brought my rate down $25. But I am sort of scared to use a code and a coupon with nothing to show at the counter. I'm renting at Sanford and I have never gotten a lower rate after I first make a reservation and never has National been the lowest.

I just called National, the person I got said 8572967 was a complimentary code and 8572977 was from "International Travel Partnership". Also said that I might be required to provide ID at car pick-up.

ID for both those codes or just the travel partenership code? Did the person explain what the "Complimentary Code" is?
Thanks!

I think that when you use these codes thru Emerald you have a much better shot of success. You pick your own car, you drive to the exit )either EA or Emerald choice) There is a line of cars behind you. These employees seem more like cashiers. They do not really try and sell you extra stuff to add on, they pretty much just ring you up. It is the counter people that are more into questions, etc.

At least I hope so. I will keep my other EA ressie for now, in addition to my better rate with this code.

I think that when you use these codes thru Emerald you have a much better shot of success. You pick your own car, you drive to the exit )either EA or Emerald choice) There is a line of cars behind you. These employees seem more like cashiers. They do not really try and sell you extra stuff to add on, they pretty much just ring you up. It is the counter people that are more into questions, etc.

At least I hope so. I will keep my other EA ressie for now, in addition to my better rate with this code.

We are Emerald Aisle members for years and have been asked for the coupons when I forgot to hand it over at the gate. I now make usre I staple it to the reservation I hand over at the date. Also, I believe a couple years back, Emerald Aisle members were being asked for ID on another travel agent code - I can't recall the name of the code but Mousesavers ended up removing it because they were asking for ID. PLEASE proceed with extreme caution. I want everyone to enjoy the start of their vacation!

I just called twice, just to check on everything and get two people to give the information. Both reps said that - both codes #8572957 & #8572967 with the coupon #ND2119071Q were ok. I asked - do I need to bring any ID or coupon copies with. I do not - both said. Both said everything was good to go! Now, go figure, what do you do. I have made reservations under both plus I have another just incase. Can't wait to hear from our OP's.

I just tried this code and it dropped my rate from $303 to $212 for a full size for 9 days in late June. Wow. I hope this turns out to be OK. I am not cancelling my other reservation yet.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saved $97 for my October minivan rental vs. Dollar ressie:cool1:

Check the other thread. Someone called today and was told ID was required, which is what I was told a month ago when I stumbled over the code. I suppose National reps are alot like Disney CM's - different answers depending on who you call. I woud just hate to be asked for the ID and then be stuck paying rack rate at the time of rental. I travel for business and make last minute rentals or changes, all of which are very expensive. I hate being a negative Nilly but I know how I would feel if I was flagged for ID, not to mention DH going through the roof!!! Be careful with a back up ressie also because someone posted that $50 will be charged to yur credit card if you have two reservations at the time you pick uop your car. Then again, if the rate with this code is saving you more than $50, it may be worth the risk of being charged $50. For me, it is just too much hassle to worry about.

I called National this morning and asked about the 8572957 Corporate ID. I said someone told me to use it, but they didn't know who it came from. I was told who it belong to (Travel Solutions) but was advised not to use it, just in case. This was before the 8572967 code was being discussed.

I'd be interested in learning if anyone who uses it is required to submit some type of ID.

There does kinda seem to be a language barrier when you call the 800 number after normal working hours. This is obvious that all the calls are sent overseas. I am going to call the emerald club direct tomorrow. They only take calls during normal business hours. Hopefully its in the USA. I too called a couple times and got a couple differant answers. Best of Luck

Just wondering if anyone has verified these codes thru Emerald Club yet?
8572957 or 8572967?

Just wondering if anyone has verified these codes thru Emerald Club yet?
8572957 or 8572967?

I called Emerald Club, and gave them my Emerald Club number and the two Corporate IDs. They confirmed it was a travel company, but couldn't say if I would be able to use them if I'm not a customer of that travel company. So basically the answer I got from Emerald Club was inconclusive.

If anyone else calls and gets a different answer, let me know.

Wow! Those are great codes! I'm just looking for a one day rental & this certainly would make it an easier decision!! I'll have to read the other thread to see what's going on w/the ID!

Check the other thread. Someone called today and was told ID was required, which is what I was told a month ago when I stumbled over the code. I suppose National reps are alot like Disney CM's - different answers depending on who you call. I woud just hate to be asked for the ID and then be stuck paying rack rate at the time of rental. I travel for business and make last minute rentals or changes, all of which are very expensive. I hate being a negative Nilly but I know how I would feel if I was flagged for ID, not to mention DH going through the roof!!! Be careful with a back up ressie also because someone posted that $50 will be charged to yur credit card if you have two reservations at the time you pick uop your car. Then again, if the rate with this code is saving you more than $50, it may be worth the risk of being charged $50. For me, it is just too much hassle to worry about.

hmm, i changed my "backup ressie" i had booked thru National & saved over $100 for Oct. with just a $20 off Ent coupon; had planned on adding the EA once i decided if we'd book thru them or not & had flight info.

guess i'll hang onto the Dollar one i had planned on using jik, that is only $30 more than the 8572967 pending results posted here:thumbsup2 (on price alone i'd keep dollar, just hate their line @ airport even with their expedited program:headache: ).

thanks to the OP!

Used contract ID 8572967 and the ecoupon NF1982JDD($30 off) and got $165.33 for a Minivan, 7 days 5/3- 5/10. Also will be checking back to see if we need to be a member of something to use the mystery code above. Maybe I should call National about the code as well.

These are the best rates I've gotten for our upcoming trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter